Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Caserio wanted to fire Philbin/Hickey will have final say on 53

That is the person who should be running this team. He knows that a clean sweep is needed with this team.

and you actually believe all that. from armando. REALLY?

armondo is labeled garbage and not to be trusted all year long, untill now. eveyone is mad at the hickey hire [unbelievable] so as soon as some writer syas something against him, hes dead on!! its gospel!!

i couldnt be happier with DENNIS HICKEY. i support coach philbin as NO OTHER COACH BUT BELLICHEK could take a team who was handed a complete bust draft, a mash unit that couldnt make the field. a qb who barely improved from his rooky year, if at all. the worst o-line in club history and one of the worst ever in the nfl. a scandal with MULTITUDES of ramifications. but, we went 8-8. thats a coach to me. and he absolutely deserves another year or two. and lets not forget about all the power struggles and back biting and turmoil in the front office. yeah, that philbin.... what a bum!!

If Ross thinks so highly of Philbin, he should of given him full power. Why hire Hickey? It makes sense why all these GMs turned us down. Farmer wanted Joe gone if he fails next year. Ross said no. I guess were stuck with Joe for the long haul.

A football god (Parcels) failed but Caserio, nowhere near proven, was going to be automatic. Rofl some of you love to hate sooo muh. Its an addiction.

I feel a little better if this is fact. We werent turned down cuz we r idiots.

But we gave the GM full power over personnel again. So we could very well trade up for the next future DE HOFer a-g-a-i-n.

Good. Great. Grand. Wonderful.

Ross needs to put his relationships with people aside and think about the TEAM first. Cesario would've been amazing here and has all the tools and experience in NE. We just got set back 3-5 years under this regime.
Man this organization just doesn't get it smh

You don't know that. Just another opinion among many. If he had brought in McDaniel, the team would have taken a step back and they would be looking for another coach in 2 yrs.
Caserio is obviously happy being a side kick in NE and doesn't sound like he was hungry for a bigger challenge or opportunity to advance his career.
Many teams every offseason hire GM's and/or HC's all with the feeling they are making the right choice. Most of the time they are looking again in 2-3 yrs, that's why their is parity/mediocrity in the league and the Phins have been no exception. Guys like Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh are the exception, NOT the rule. Every personnel decision you make is a calculated gamble. As other posters have mentioned, nearly all of the guys from the Patriots organization have been poor to mediocre (Pioli, Crennel, Weiss, McDaniel etc) once they left the Pats.
This entire saga has been exploited and manipulated by the media to create more drama than there really is. I think rather than stating that these candidates have turned down the Phins offer, it should be stated that their wasn't mutual agreement as to the direction of the team and those candidates or Ross ultimately felt this situation was not the right fit. Nothing more than that.
Do any of you run a business? Have you ever interviewed prospective partners or administrators? Many resumes' look good, but following an interview, sometimes its just not a good fit. It isn't anybody's fault, it's just not the right chemistry.
Could that be the case with the Phins? Probably, but let's not let that get in the way of an agenda. Time to move on and put the torches and pitchforks away.

How does doubling your TD's from your rookie season mean you haven't improved at all? You have to give a QB at least 3 years as a starter to really see if they got it or not. Cam Newton is a prime example of light bulb coming on in year 3.

So we got a guy from NE that knows how to win and he says to Ross....here's what I want to do, clean house and bring my own guy and I'll show you how to win and to that Ross said......"No, I want Philbin to be the HC so we can't hire you. Instead, we'll hire a guy from the bucs"....are you f........ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy rules!!
nobody from the Pats has ever won after they left. nobody nobody so shut the **** up, Daniels as a head coach, are you ****ing kidding that idiot. All of Pats management are useless without Bill, none of them have done anything other than suck **** wherever they ve gone.

and you actually believe all that. from armando. REALLY?

armondo is labeled garbage and not to be trusted all year long, untill now. eveyone is mad at the hickey hire [unbelievable] so as soon as some writer syas something against him, hes dead on!! its gospel!!

i couldnt be happier with DENNIS HICKEY. i support coach philbin as NO OTHER COACH BUT BELLICHEK could take a team who was handed a complete bust draft, a mash unit that couldnt make the field. a qb who barely improved from his rooky year, if at all. the worst o-line in club history and one of the worst ever in the nfl. a scandal with MULTITUDES of ramifications. but, we went 8-8. thats a coach to me. and he absolutely deserves another year or two. and lets not forget about all the power struggles and back biting and turmoil in the front office. yeah, that philbin.... what a bum!!

This is too logical, please Aponte is running the team and Philbin is her lover.

That makes no sense. Why didn't he take it then? The offer was made, no?

As bad as Ross and company have handled all this and as disappointing a decision as the one reached is...the reporting by both the national and local media covering it has been much, much, worse. Totally irresponsible...no accountability.

Acrunch - it's the availability of speculative comments on twitter that get reported and people interpret it as factual. LaCanfora, Salguero, Florio, Beasley, et al seem to have all presented inaccurate stories. It seems like it doesn't matter if it's true or not, just be the first to get it out.
In another era, journalists took a pride in being accurate and not presenting speculative opinion. Today it seems like the "reporters" deliberately try to sensationalize developments and make the story rather than accurately report it. Dennis Hickey is the new GM and probably starts his job tomorrow. However, the die has already been cast by LaCanforaSalgueroFlorioBeasley that this is a disastrous appointment and our billionaire owner is an idiot who is incapable of making a decent decision.
Why not let the guy do his job before rushing to judgement?

Acrunch - it's the availability of speculative comments on twitter that get reported and people interpret it as factual. LaCanfora, Salguero, Florio, Beasley, et al seem to have all presented inaccurate stories. It seems like it doesn't matter if it's true or not, just be the first to get it out.
In another era, journalists took a pride in being accurate and not presenting speculative opinion. Today it seems like the "reporters" deliberately try to sensationalize developments and make the story rather than accurately report it. Dennis Hickey is the new GM and probably starts his job tomorrow. However, the die has already been cast by LaCanforaSalgueroFlorioBeasley that this is a disastrous appointment and our billionaire owner is an idiot who is incapable of making a decent decision.
Why not let the guy do his job before rushing to judgement?

It is true. They receive information from agents, players, franchise employees and league employees. There's nothing really wrong with what they are doing. The issue to me are the consumers. People rail against how much they distrust the media, yet they always eat w/e garbage they are fed. Just look at the posters today on this forum with the minute by minute contradictory information coming out.

We all know most of these so called media ppl are nothing more than tools. Yet man many of us seem to lose our minds and forget what we think about these ppl when the info that comes supports our point of view.

True. But by stating so it reinforces the argument that Brady enhances Caserio's appeal while Freeman detracts from Hickey's. Put it this way - if Caserio worked for the Bucs while Hickey worked for the Patriots many of the fans would be castigating Ross if he failed to close the deal with Hickey! It feels as though many are focused more so on the organization rather than the individual.

I'm more concerned about the process by which the search was conducted. If Licht was their #1 candidate then it concerns me that the Dolphins moved too slowly presumably because they either interviewed too many candidates or should've closed on Licht without coordinating so many 2nd round interviews.

And none of this hubbub will matter one bit until the team has a quarterback who's playing adequately.

I love it. PFT states that Caserio didn't want to fire anyone. Per the source, Caserio likes Coach Joe Philbin.

So let me get this straight. Caserio wanted to retain Joe Philbin. Yet many fans say that Philbin sucks and should be fired. And it is these very same fans that are p****d off that Caserio turned down the job. And it is these very same fans that call Ross a moron for his blind allegiance to Philbin!

Perhaps I haven't attained the requisite number of posts to state the following, but I'll say it anyway: GET REAL!

If that's true, then what was the deal breaker?

That's why nobody wanted to be here. Hey, be the GM but you can't do what you think needs to be done. Like Ross has a clue on this matter. My patience with Philbin and his put me to sleep demeanor is extremely thin.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 29s

Dolphins are denying CBS report(Jason LaCanfora)that Philbin has final say over 53-man roster.Dolphins,per Armando Salguero,say Hickey will

I don't see a big deal if the coach has say over final 53. In fact I think the coach should

Back
Top Bottom