Armando: Dolphins have $39.5M in cap space | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins have $39.5M in cap space

IDK, Joseph appears to be a pretty good coach and apparently thought Maxwell a good fit. Have to give him 2 years to settle in. That said, NOT a fan of the trade.

Being a good DB coach and overpaying a cb are two different things.

The number is right. Albret Breer of NFL Network is reporting it also. Fins have $39 mill to spend. Or did before the CJ Anderson offer sheet, Bushrod signing, and Kiko Alonso extension/raise.

The number is right. Albret Breer of NFL Network is reporting it also. Fins have $39 mill to spend. Or did before the CJ Anderson offer sheet, Bushrod signing, and Kiko Alonso extension/raise.

No chance we had 39 million after Williams and Maxwell . . . . That number is Pre Free Agency (includes Grimes cut).

OTC is reporting 19 million . . . Which is about right:

39 million: Subtract 8.5 million for Maxwell / 6.5 million for Williams / 1 million for Kiko / 2.5 million for IAQ = 18.5 million. Between top 51 differences, etc. and small signing missed that is about the 20 million difference between the starting cap and what we currently have.

Does not include Bushrod/Young/CJ Anderson which combined will probably knock off another 9 million (mainly due to the Anderson contract structure).

It definitely goes quick, but we still are working on a Wake restructure and have pending potential cuts in Thomas/Mitchell/Jordan.

The fact that we did not make Grimes a June 1st suggests we may want a clean slate next year without pending dead cap hits . . . 2 year project that 75% was done last year and the remaining 25% being handled this year . . .composed of primarily 2013 pickups.

Breer is just spitting out the NFLPA number which is old data. It's not wrong. It's just from before free agency started.

Edit: As of last night the NFLPA report (updated daily)shows us at $25 Mil under which is exactly where I said we were yesterday when everybody was saying we had $40 milion. The NFLPA report is just a day behind, but accurate. So we had the $40 milo BEFORE officially signing Williams, Young, the FS, and the Maxwell trade. This $25 mil number would not include the Bushrod signing or the offer to Anderson which won't be official until Denver's 5 day window closes. https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

I am thinking that report runs at 4 p.m. every day . . . And the one at 39.5 million was the Tuesday report . . . And this is the Wednesday report at 4 p.m.. . Post Maxwell/Williams/Alonso

And the Thursday report will have Quddus, Young and James Michael Johnson . . . So expecting it to be around 21 million next run.

Bushrod will be today

That's what I was trying to tell everybody yesterday. I never knew it existed, but somebody posted it yesterday, and it says right on it that it's a report that is generated daily which infers that it's updated only once, and when you looked at the numbers it was clear that the $40 mil number was from before the start of free agency. Now we heard about a lot of those deals well before the start of FA, and OTC and Spotrac even incorporated some of that on their summaries before the deals were official, but the NFLPA can't do that. So I think if you are realize you are looking back 24 hours you can have confidence in the NFLPA report. Just have to realize that only official closed deals are going to be incorporated in that number. That in and of itself can be deceiving. Looks like Mando and Breer weren't looking before they leaped.

Who's still out there that we can get?

CB - Prince, and Casey Heyward? I'm good with signing Prince, then taking a CB in the first 2 rounds.

G - Mathis and Jahri Evans?

RB - CJ Anderson is just meh, IMO. I'd rather draft someone like Kelvin Taylor in the 4th-5th round

IMO, we should sign at least 1 tackle too. Russell Okung or Donald Penn would probably be my choices

Hayward >> Prince!!

Back
Top Bottom