Armando: Dolphins have $39.5M in cap space | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins have $39.5M in cap space

Jordan can be cut and save us $3M but, the team is waiting to see who comes into camp before making a decision.

No reason Miami couldn't have re-signed Miller or signed Boone/Brooks/Allen/Sweezy. Those guys may not be "great," but think of the improvement over Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner.

You are making the assumption Miller wanted to stay in Miami and Boone had his flight scheduled to come to Miami before Minnesota gave him an offer he couldn't or didn't want to refuse.

FWIW, I put up a thread to say that Miami has $22M in cap space as of right now, including everything.

The problem of free agency is you always overpay for average talent.

And grossly overpay for top talent.

That's why the DRAFT is important. I'm really excited to see what Grier does here.

That's the whole point of FA, really.

I don't know why everyone is so up in arms about Miller. I thought he was great. Loved him. But not at 6.5m/yr. Everyone keeps bitching about home grown talent. Just because you have home grown talent doesn't make that talent great. OV could end up being a very good DE, but he got ELITE DE money. No way I think a guy that has 29 sacks (1 double digit season) and 3 total forced fumbles in 64 games deserves that kind of money. He is averaging just over 7 sacks a year. 7! Wake had 7 last year in half the starts! The media hyped the **** out of him.

I'm guessing that by the dollar difference between $39M and $22M Mario, Maxwell, and Alonzo were not included. As per the Rolling Stones "Who wants yesterday's paper?"

This. That report is supposed to be generated daily not updated in real time. It was probably done yesterday before the acquisitions were official. The NFLPA list only shows us with 61 active players when we have more than that according to both OTC and Spotrac.

I'm guessing that by the dollar difference between $39M and $22M Mario, Maxwell, and Alonzo were not included. As per the Rolling Stones "Who wants yesterday's paper?"

I think your correct because his numbers do not add up. If you calculate the money signed and cap saved 22 million seems about that number.

This. That report is supposed to be generated daily not updated in real time. It was probably done yesterday before the acquisitions were official. The NFLPA list only shows us with 61 active players when we have more than that according to both OTC and Spotrac.

Years ago the NFLPA was the only source of player contract info. It was readily available and I used it constantly. Then, the NFL closed the door on that info and it became a full time job to try to sort out cap space in bits and pieces from the media. Many, including myself gave up.

Now a day, the NFLPA is a secondary source at best for salary cap info.

I think your correct because his numbers do not add up. If you calculate the money signed and cap saved 22 million seems about that number.

Yeah, it's basic math when you have all the info and a little time. Expect him to make a correction soon, as there is no way in hell he is right as of now.

Yeah, it's basic math when you have all the info and a little time. Expect him to make a correction soon, as there is no way in hell he is right as of now.

I also personally hope we dont restructure MAxwell because at least right now we dont have a penalty for cutting him next year. The rest of his contract is 10 plus a year, we really dont need that going up.
Take our medicine this year and see if he is worth keeping.

I also personally hope we dont restructure MAxwell because at least right now we dont have a penalty for cutting him next year. The rest of his contract is 10 plus a year, we really dont need that going up.
Take our medicine this year and see if he is worth keeping.

IDK, Joseph appears to be a pretty good coach and apparently thought Maxwell a good fit. Have to give him 2 years to settle in. That said, NOT a fan of the trade.

Back
Top Bottom