Armando: Dolphins have $39.5M in cap space | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins have $39.5M in cap space

They didn't re-sign Miller for a reason then. We'll never know why. Perhaps Gase felt he wasn't right for his offense?

Sign Prince, sign Evan Mathis and another guard, sign C.J. Anderson, get another LB.

Great to have all that cap space. Now we only need a starting CB, a starting RB, a starting DE, at least 2 OGs, WR, LB, back up DE, back up QB and quality depth at pretty much every single position - as I don't see a single position on our roster that can be considered a "strength."

$40 in cap?

Need to sign minimum....

1 RB (Starter Caliber)
2 CB (Boundary and Slot Starting Caliber)
2 G/OT (Starting Caliber)

With most of the big names gone I feel we will over spend (to fill up cap space) on mediocre talent.

Who's still out there that we can get?

CB - Prince, and Casey Heyward? I'm good with signing Prince, then taking a CB in the first 2 rounds.

G - Mathis and Jahri Evans?

RB - CJ Anderson is just meh, IMO. I'd rather draft someone like Kelvin Taylor in the 4th-5th round

IMO, we should sign at least 1 tackle too. Russell Okung or Donald Penn would probably be my choices

Lol thats wrong. We are more around 20 million depending on what maxwells restructure looks like.

why did we restructure suh then? why not eat the big portion of the contract now?

Still couldn't sign Lamar Miller with that money the guy who had a lot of chemistry with the quarterback and was a great talent/role model for the city.

Just great.

They could of....but they didn't want to.

Jeeze I'm stunned so many people wanted to pay an RB 6 mil per....This has nothing to do with Miller and everything to do with the position.
Now if the Fins pay nother RB close to this you have a point, but its smart not to overpay at a position that is pretty interchangeable.

Armando Salguero ‎@ArmandoSalguero

Dolphins have most cap space of any AFC East team, by a lot. Next after Miami's $39.5M is NE at $11.2M, Buffalo at $7.1M, NYJ at $5.3M.

Nope can't be true. They obviously have not been reading all the doom gloom based on facts coming from this MBoard.

Nope, not possible.

IMO T-Baum is gearing up for a big splash for another trade either before, during or after the draft. I think more than likely they may have ONE elite guy they are eyeing and are loading up to move up to get him in this draft.

They could of....but they didn't want to.

Jeeze I'm stunned so many people wanted to pay an RB 6 mil per....This has nothing to do with Miller and everything to do with the position.
Now if the Fins pay nother RB close to this you have a point, but its smart not to overpay at a position that is pretty interchangeable.

Miller could be a 1500 yard back easily if used normally. He's a 3 down back and 24 years old.

Those don't fall on trees and just ask the Browns how Trent Richardson was going to be a stud. Melvin Gordon also not looking so great from last year's draft.

Great to have all that cap space. Now we only need a starting CB, a starting RB, a starting DE, at least 2 OGs, WR, LB, back up DE, back up QB and quality depth at pretty much every single position - as I don't see a single position on our roster that can be considered a "strength."

I haven't given up on Douglas. Mainly because I believe the scheme and coaching that these players will get now will be light years ahead of what they have been given the last 4-years.

Overspending for average talent is why Miami hasn't won in awhile.

Boone and Brooks are good, not elite money good.

Agreed. Whoever is actually running this FA period, they seem to have a price they are willing to pay and will not budge from that #. I have zero issue with that. In fact I love it.

I think players like Suh you can over pay for but not for the MID level types of guys. As it is turning out however, Suh is turning out to be a bargain. These numbers players are getting are freaking out of control!

Still couldn't sign Lamar Miller with that money the guy who had a lot of chemistry with the quarterback and was a great talent/role model for the city.

Just great.

what kind of chemistry did he have with the QB?

Back
Top Bottom