Armando: Dolphins trying to get Parker to be a professional | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins trying to get Parker to be a professional

Good on the coaches calling him out. This should be something that motivates him. Let's hope he goes it the right way and grows and maximizes his talent

Parker is going to be a stud. The only worry are injuries. He needs to take care of his body and maybe he won't get hurt as much

I opened up the site this morning and there are 2 DVP bashing threads. This fanbase NEEDS a player to focus their frustration on, and since Brent Grimes is gone and Dallas Thomas is about to be relegated to the bench or cut, I guess the focus is moving onto DVP. Such an immature thing for people to do.

Probably not too far from the truth - but in this case there is a story, as in Gase discussing it, vs. the run of the mill "I'll lose my mind if so and so is not cut" drivel.

I understand some people arent good practicers but when the lights come on they ball out, but at the professional level...especially as a 2nd year guy you should be giving your best effort in practice. Thats just my opinion. Jarvis landry gives 110% all the time...i wish devante would as well. Hes so gifted physically it would be such a shame if he doesnt reach his potential over being lazy.

Time will tell, i'm rooting for this kid. It's kind of on him now and some luck worth injuries.

You would think his multi million dollar contract and desire to be the best at what he does would be enough motivation :idk:

There's a list several miles long of guys that had the talent to get to the NFL, but just didn't have the work ethic to succeed once they got there. Double edged sword of being born with all of that talent, you never really have to work/earn your spots during your formative years, you're just better than everybody naturally - but then you get to the NFL and everybody is super talented and you realize your talent alone isn't enough. Some guys are able to figure this out and commit, others don't.

Even if a player can light it up on sunday without practicing hard, he'd benefit from going all out and would light it up even more... Someone brought up Wake... He's the perfect example of this, he dominated a league just coasting. When he decided to dedicate himself, he dominated the ultimate league...

Even if a player can light it up on sunday without practicing hard, he'd benefit from going all out and would light it up even more... Someone brought up Wake... He's the perfect example of this, he dominated a league just coasting. When he decided to dedicate himself, he dominated the ultimate league...

Wake goes hard in Practice. I know they are completely different positions but Wake should teach Parker about working hard and eatting right

Give me a bad practice player that can go beast mode come game day any time over the beast practice player that can't play come game time!

Here is the problem with that: Guys that half-ass their way through practice infect and affect the rest of the team.

Player 2 says, damn, if DVP is taking it easy, I'm going to reel it in as well. Or, you'll get CB2, who is busting his ass in practice, and doing well covering DVP, but he isnt practicing against what he would face in a game situation. Game time comes and he gets smoked.

You play like you practice, and you practice like you're going to play.

Not a single person on this board wants to see DVP fail, hell, we all want to see him light it up, but if you let guys slack off it is not only going to slow their own progress, but it will hurt the entire team.

I'd rather take the guy that busts his ass whistle to whistle, than the primadonna that thinks he is too good for the rest of the team.

Here is the problem with that: Guys that half-ass their way through practice infect and affect the rest of the team.

Do you have any evidence to support that? Or did you hear someone like Mark Schlereth say it and think its gospel?

Before we label Parker a cancer, can we actually see him play in a meaningful game?

Do you have any evidence to support that? Or did you hear someone like Mark Schlereth say it and think its gospel?

Before we label Parker a cancer, can we actually see him play in a meaningful game?

My own personal experience. I'm sorry if that's not enough for you.

I'm not calling him a cancer, not yet anyway. I just think he needs some guidance.

My own personal experience. I'm sorry if that's not enough for you.

I'm not calling him a cancer, not yet anyway. I just think he needs some guidance.

Does a lazy co-worker infect and affect your job performance?

I guess I'm applying the same logic to Parkers case. I understand the media needs storylines for this team. Both negative and positives. But I have a real hard time believing that guys like Landry and Stills (Who appear, from an outsiders point of view, to have a very "matter of fact" temperament respectively) would not make a huge stink over someone like Parker mailing it in during practice.

Lmao at this..
He wants him to be tough, to keep going 100.
He doesnt half ass through practice the local guys would be all over that from the get go

Does a lazy co-worker infect and affect your job performance?

I guess I'm applying the same logic to Parkers case. I understand the media needs storylines for this team. Both negative and positives. But I have a real hard time believing that guys like Landry and Stills (Who appear, from an outsiders point of view, to have a very "matter of fact" temperament respectively) would not make a huge stink over someone like Parker mailing it in during practice.

Absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom