Armando: Dolphins trying to get Parker to be a professional | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins trying to get Parker to be a professional

What you are describing is merely some individual performances. If your colleagues' practice habits would have an impact on your pay check, believe me you would care.

LOL!

You do realize health care services rely heavily on the ability to perform, at a high level mind you, within a team setting right?

I mean, what I do isn't exactly high school soccer or basketball which, judging by your post, is the pinnacle of all that is teamwork.

There are no individual performances in healthcare. If there is no team work and performance, people die. We can't afford to be the Dolphins...mediocre.

What my story is pointing to is the fact that the members of my team who don't take our practice drills seriously are arguably some of the best health care providers. In other words, a player half assing his practice doesn't mean that he isn't going to perform on game day and it definitely doesn't mean that the players around him will suddenly come down with a case of the "Screw It(s)" and play poorly.

Also, I wasn't aware that teams who lose or have bad chemistry don't get paid...Is that a new rule change this year?

Yep^ agreed... that medical example fails completely in team sports. I've played soccer my whole life and the times a player isn't trying their best, even if its against mediocre opponents, definitely affects everyone else.

What you're talking is not whats being discussed right now. IF a player wasn't trying during a REAL GAME even against a MEDIOCRE OPPONENT, it would most certainly affect everyone else because the chances of winning go down. You would be right.

What we're talking about is a player not trying during....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Frosty, what you're describing scares the **** out of me. When the Med-Mal suits roll in, at least the attorneys will know what questions to ask your colleagues.

LOL!

You do realize health care services rely heavily on the ability to perform, at a high level mind you, within a team setting right?

I mean, what I do isn't exactly high school soccer or basketball which, judging by your post, is the pinnacle of all that is teamwork.

There are no individual performances in healthcare. If there is no team work and performance, people die. We can't afford to be the Dolphins...mediocre.

What my story is pointing to is the fact that the members of my team who don't take our practice drills seriously are arguably some of the best health care providers. In other words, a player half assing his practice doesn't mean that he isn't going to perform on game day and it definitely doesn't mean that the players around him will suddenly come down with a case of the "Screw It(s)" and play poorly.

Also, I wasn't aware that teams who lose or have bad chemistry don't get paid...Is that a new rule change this year?

You do not seem to understand that we are talking about football here which is a sport and therefore - while sports might not be the "pinnacle of all that is teamwork", although that's debatable - the comparison between football, soccer and basketball is lot more relevant than the comparison between football (sports) and the work in the medical field. Also what I take from your post is that you have no interest whatsoever in having a factual discussion, that's why you laugh at people and their opinions. My opinion is that you have a lot of growing up to do. Now go ahead and laugh again proving me right in the process.

You do not seem to understand that we are talking about football here which is a sport and therefore - while sports might not be the "pinnacle of all that is teamwork", although that's debatable - the comparison between football, soccer and basketball is lot more relevant than the comparison between football (sports) and the work in the medical field. Also what I take from your post is that you have no interest whatsoever in having a factual discussion, that's why you laugh at people and their opinions. My opinion is that you have a lot of growing up to do. Now go ahead and laugh again proving me right in the process.

Having a misguided opinion is nothing to laugh at. I'm interested in making my point, using actual experiences and debating the merits of said experiences when it comes to this topic.

And while I understand we are talking about a sport, teamwork at its core, is all fundamentally the same. Whether you're fighting for our country, working sales, playing extreme frisbee or any other facet of life which requires the work of more than one person, it doesn't change just because you want to. Perhaps I shouldn't have called him out with the "Pinnacle" comment.

Lets stop splitting hairs and call this what it is. The media, and certain members of this site overreacting to something that will not be a factor come week 1 against Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom