Armando: Dolphins trying to get Parker to be a professional | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins trying to get Parker to be a professional

Do you have any evidence to support that? Or did you hear someone like Mark Schlereth say it and think its gospel?

Before we label Parker a cancer, can we actually see him play in a meaningful game?

So condescending. Evidence to support that?! Have you been around people before?! Judas Priest!

Do you have any evidence to support that? Or did you hear someone like Mark Schlereth say it and think its gospel?

Before we label Parker a cancer, can we actually see him play in a meaningful game?

This is common knowledge.... And nobody called Parker a cancer...

This is common knowledge.... And nobody called Parker a cancer...

It was common knowledge for a few people way back when that the Earth was flat.

And what do you call something that infects and affects others (his terms)? Should I have used the word virus?

It was common knowledge for a few people way back when that the Earth was flat.

And what do you call something that infects and affects others (his terms)? Should I have used the word virus?

If someone is not doing his best when working with people who all have interrest in a common goal, then it creates problems in team chemistry... If you dont beleive that, then either you have never been part of a team, or you are still in school where we both agree anybody in your class can **** up and not have it influence your grades... But then again, your personnal succes is not a team sport, or team anything for that matter...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the coaches believe he can be a great player and they are just pushing him to get even more out of his ability than Parker even knows he has inside himself.

He's a professional athlete. He should already know about proper hydration etc. If he's that dumb then maybe he's in the wrong line of work. Can't help us if he's always rehabbing.

If someone is not doing his best when working with people who all have interrest in a common goal, then it creates problems in team chemistry... If you dont beleive that, then either you have never been part of a team, or you are still in school where we both agree anybody in your class can **** up and not have it influence your grades... But then again, your personnal succes is not a team sport, or team anything for that matter...

I'll give you a perfect example that relates to my job. I work in health care specifically in trauma situations. We have bi-monthly life saving and emergency drills (PRACTICE) that are part of our job descriptions. We HAVE to do them. A few co-workers of mine don't ever take these drills seriously. In fact, they almost go out of their way to get out of doing them. I take my job very very seriously (and I'm good at it) so I participate in these drills and do my best despite knowing some of my co-workers think its a total joke. It doesn't affect my approach one bit nor the rest of my colleagues. These same guys who are dogging it during our drills are probably some of the best people we have on our staff and if, God forbid, something awful happened to you, you would without a doubt want them taking care of you.

So, no my friend, it isn't necessary to believe that a person who mails it in during a practice run will somehow break down team chemistry or ruin the rest of the team.

Now, if he were doing this during, lets say, an away game vs a divisional rival, I would be the first one sounding off the alarms.

Perspective folks. Please find some. This is nothing more than the media trying to create something out of nothing. Devante Parker not practicing through pain, or running a WR drill half assed doesn't mean it will affect this team on Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wake is something else. Very few players in this league exhibit what Wake brings to the table. I'm very excited about DVP. The fact that the staff realize he can be better is revolutionary for this organization. Jarvis is his own breed but Parker can be his deep threat (underrated YAC) partner.

I'll give you a perfect example that relates to my job. I work in health care specifically in trauma situations. We have bi-monthly life saving and emergency drills (PRACTICE) that are part of our job descriptions. We HAVE to do them. A few co-workers of mine don't ever take these drills seriously. In fact, they almost go out of their way to get out of doing them. I take my job very very seriously (and I'm good at it) so I participate in these drills and do my best despite knowing some of my co-workers think its a total joke. It doesn't affect my approach one bit nor the rest of my colleagues. These same guys who are dogging it during our drills are probably some of the best people we have on our staff and if, God forbid, something awful happened to you, you would without a doubt want them taking care of you. So, no my friend, it isn't necessary to believe that a person who mails it in during a practice run will somehow break down team chemistry or ruin the rest of the team. Now, if he were doing this during, lets say, an away game vs a divisional rival, I would be the first one sounding off the alarms. Perspective folks. Please find some. This is nothing more than the media trying to create something out of nothing. Devante Parker not practicing through pain, or running a WR drill half assed doesn't mean it will affect this team on Sundays.
I played soccer and basketball and players who do not give 100% DO affect team chemistry because the other players know that it will impact the COMMOM goal they are trying to achieve, win the damn game.

What you are describing is merely some individual performances. If your colleagues' practice habits would have an impact on your pay check, believe me you would care.

Yep^ agreed... that medical example fails completely in team sports. I've played soccer my whole life and the times a player isn't trying their best, even if its against mediocre opponents, definitely affects everyone else.

I seem to remember him being out with a foot injury for 5 or 6 weeks. Or am I wrong

Back
Top Bottom