Armando: Final interviews this weekend, GM in place by Monday & Licht offer not true | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Final interviews this weekend, GM in place by Monday & Licht offer not true

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins to interview finalists for GM this weekend

From mando, so take it how you want.

Dolphins to interview GM finalists this weekend

The Miami Dolphins plan to interview at least two finalists for the vacant general manager position starting this weekend, according to source familiar with the process.

The club -- which has been in contact with the seven men who already interviewed for the job -- will begin calls to those men in the next few hours to either 1. tell them they are one of the finalists and schedule the second interview or 2. thank the men for being part of the process and say the team is moving in a different direction.

The Dolphins had hoped to interview at least one more candidate this week, most likely plucked off a playoff team that participated in Championship Weekend last Sunday. But those hopes faded for unknown reasons and the likelihood that will happen are now slim.

The Dolphins plan to hire their next general manager well before the Super Bowl in 10 days and there is even optimism within the organization a new GM could be in place by Monday, the source said.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-gm-finalists-this-weekend.html#storylink=cpy

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero

The Dolphins hope to have a new GM by Monday and definitely before Super Bowl

The Dolphins did not try to hire Jason Licht once they heard TB offered him the job.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...s-to-interview-gm-finalists-this-weekend.html

The Miami Dolphins plan to interview at least two finalists for the vacant general manager position starting this weekend, according to source familiar with the process.

The club -- which has been in contact with the seven men who already interviewed for the job -- will begin calls to those men in the next few hours to either 1. tell them they are one of the finalists and schedule the second interview or 2. thank the men for being part of the process and say the team is moving in a different direction.
The Dolphins plan to hire their next general manager well before the Super Bowl in 10 days and there is even optimism within the organization a new GM could be in place by Monday, the source said.
Earlier Wednesday, the NFL Network reported the Dolphins tried to hire Arizona's Jason Licht when the team caught wind of the fact Licht was offered the general manager job in Tampa Bay.

Two sources -- one very close to Licht and a Dolphins source -- said the report is not accurate.

The Dolphins indeed found out Licht was offered the Tampa Bay job and contacted him to inform him he'd be would be one of the finalists brought in this coming weekend. The Dolphins wanted to give Licht the option of waiting for the finalist interview before making his decision final.

Both sources confirm Licht decided to go with proverbial bird in the hand, taking the certain job offer rather than waiting to see if he would make the cut in Miami to have two job offers.

Ill just wait and see what happens and then state my opinion after the draft whoever the GM may or may not be.

But....wait...I thought they were being steered away??? lol

Hahahahah!

I love the fact there is 50 million page thread talking about how we're such losers because we lost out on Licht.

Bogus story being hyped up here.

I'm going to go back over that thread and make points of all those who ate that crap up. I'm not going to take anything they post here seriously ever again.

Interesting.
Earlier Wednesday, the NFL Network reported the Dolphins tried to hire Arizona's Jason Licht when the team caught wind of the fact Licht was offered the general manager job in Tampa Bay.

Two sources -- one very close to Licht and a Dolphins source -- said the report is not accurate.

The Dolphins indeed found out Licht was offered the Tampa Bay job and contacted him to inform him he'd be would be one of the finalists brought in this coming weekend. The Dolphins wanted to give Licht the option of waiting for the finalist interview before making his decision final.

Both sources confirm Licht decided to go with proverbial bird in the hand, taking the certain job offer rather than waiting to see if he would make the cut in Miami to have two job offers.

So Ross just wanted to have Ice Cream with Licht again am i right....same thing he did with harbaugh, only he fired the GM this time 1st...

I called this one. There would be a story denying that Licht was offered anything.

Looks like it is one of the men they have talked too.

Who is your guess?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Farmer is the favorite

Hickey is the dark horse

Gaine is the best fit

Dawn, Joe, and stevey were the sources saying the report was false...

Farmer and Gaine are the two finalists. No doubt in my mind

This makes a lot more sense than the earlier NFL report.

It would have been highly unlikely that Licht said no to a standing offer from Miami considering he does not have final say on the roster in Tampa Bay.

Ill just wait and see what happens and then state my opinion after the draft whoever the GM may or may not be.

Sounds like the safest thing to do at this point no? Since we do not what is true and what is not from all the so called reporting we have gotten feed, good or bad..

I called this one. There would be a story denying that Licht was offered anything.

Looks like it is one of the men they have talked too.

Who is your guess?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Farmer is the favorite

Hickey is the dark horse

Gaine is the best fit

Yea you called there would be an article, then you immediately challenged "Ross supporters" to defend him.

Why don't you pony up and give Ross some ****ing credit. A bogus report fueling negative criticism of him and the Dolphins. How about not getting your Ross hate on until all the facts come out and the dust settles.

Back
Top Bottom