Armando: Fins offered Long more $ than Rams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Fins offered Long more $ than Rams

The saddest part is that with Volin leaving, we don't have many writers left, and the ones who already cover the team SUCK. I hope the PBP replaces Volin with someone worth while. This guy is terrible.

Either way, Long is gone. I'm fairly positive we were outbid by the Rams. Long had too much back and forth to simply drive up the price.

To be fair to jake he put his body on the line for this organisation. While injured he continued to play even though it was already a lost season (Sparano you ****ing idiot). I love jake long but I was glad he did not resign. IMO we have to find out what we have in Martin and bring in a RT like Winston.

We are changing to a more pass orientated offense with a ZBS. Maybe Jake just felt that the Power running Rams, would suit his skill set better.

When healthy Long is an all pro. Has anyone thought that his feeling towards this organization might have soured after we let go of Henne? He played with him all through college then get drafted on the same team. I could see a scenario where he was pissed that Henne got cut and he knew he was the best LT in the league and just wanted to give a giant FU to the phins.

Except he isn't, and its not even close at this point.

why would any player take a discount, esp when he knew we had cap space. Did Ellerbee or Wallace give us a discount or is Randy Starks giving us a discount. I would love players to play cheaper for us but its all about money

Actually Starks was willing to give the Fins a discount on a long term contract. He tweeted it. It was something to the fact of "home town discount yes, but bargain closeout prices no". There was even a thread on here about it.

Jake Long can go **** himself as far as I am concerned. He cares only about money, and not championships.

What a load of bullcrap, why would a player take less money and have to move his life to another city. It generally works the other way around where a player will take less money to stay with his current team. The only way this would make any sense is if we offered him more potential money but the Rams offered him more guaranteed.

Jake Long can go **** himself as far as I am concerned. He cares only about money, and not championships.

Does any player care about championships more than money? If that was true, players would get their peers to take discount salaries and stack a team up nicely. That's why it goes in one ear and out the other when players say all I care about is winning the Super Bowl. The best we see is the odd player restructuring to give the team a few more options. I think it is especially true for veterans that have already made many millions, why don't they play on a good team for 2M instead of holding out for 8M.

I'm glad he's gone too. He got
Beat a few times this year and looked average. Sure he's injured but he's always injured. And how do u expect to get paid when we don't know if you will hold up for an entire season.

The saddest part is that with Volin leaving, we don't have many writers left, and the ones who already cover the team SUCK. I hope the PBP replaces Volin with someone worth while. This guy is terrible.

Either way, Long is gone. I'm fairly positive we were outbid by the Rams. Long had too much back and forth to simply drive up the price.
Volin is awful.

Jake was mad because he thought that the fins was going to give him a blank check, he has been injured he cann't deny that so let him go on to ST.Louis and show them how healthy he really.

Jake used the Dolphins to drive up the price on St. Louis. I could kind of sense he didn't want to be here anymore.
Probably some truth to that. He did opt out of the last year of his contract even before Philbin was hired.

Back
Top Bottom