Armando: Fins offered Long more $ than Rams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Fins offered Long more $ than Rams

I thought I read the same thing not too long back, but from what I understand, our bigger offer to Long was during the 2012 season.

Maybe we did offer more money on a yearly basis, but with the complicated nature of NFL contracts ours might have been lower base salary but more incentive based on playing time all pros etc. But we will never know for sure as the dolphins will never release the exact details of the contract they offered

Not sure I believe this even a little bit... I definitely see why this guy is starting to get such a bad reputation, most of his "stories" seem like **** thrown against the wall with little to no chance of sticking..

Mando has been downright awful this offseason. Here is but one small example. Mando tweets this yesterday with one of his usual snide comments.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 29 Apr
Dolphins have NO interest in Bryant McKinnie. Might have if it was 2003 and South Beach didn't exist. RT @phinfan2003: how about McKinney?

Less than an hour later Darlington tweets this lol

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 29 Apr
I'm told free agent tackle Bryant McKinnie is visiting Dolphins' facility today. Team obviously needs a tackle. McKinnie now on the radar.

Mando may have had a good source at one point but either his source lies to him, ignores him or Mando doesnt care anymore and doesn't always check with his source.

I'm really going to miss Ben......

I think Ireland/philbin play mand omar all the time

the mind follows the *****. where did jake longs wife want to live? answer that and you can probably figure out where jake long signed.

I thought that was the reason he was supposed to be staying in Miami

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Maybe the Rams offered him more guaranteed money?

This is probably the actual truth. Much like How Wallace's father sais Minny offered more money it could have been less guaranteed money which is what counts to players

I think people will believe what they want to believe and spin it accordingly. If we resigned him we would be genius how we lowered his price. Him leaving means its all about the money.
The worst thing I hear was how Long does not fit our line but we damn sure were trying to keep him for some odd reason.

Jake is a shell of his once great self. I cannot get out of my mind him getting destroyed Shawn Merriman and Long picking up a fumble and running it with it after he got toasted by Freeney.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Mando has been very accurate this year. Be fair.

St Louis must have had a better Health Plan:) He will have atleast 4 more surgeries in the next 5 years. He didn't fit here and was a liability in pass coverage. Why does anyone care why he chose the Rams???

I will add that even though I feel Armando chooses to slam the Fins as often as he can he does seem to provide the most "inside" info then it's followed by the rest of the beat reporters. Volin occasionally will break a story but usually if its not Darlington or Schefter Armando seems to be on it even though he is wrong from time to time.

the mind follows the *****. where did jake longs wife want to live? answer that and you can probably figure out where jake long signed.

I'm sorry but I can't see how a young hot female would choose St. Louis over Miami.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I can't remember who I heard it from, but someone mentioned the fact that Jake liked Jeff Fisher's approach to how he treated his veterans. I took that to mean, Jake and the other veterans wouldn't have to practice as much as the younger players. I think that may have had a lot to with why he went to the Rams.

Good luck Jake getting destroyed against San Fran, Seattle, And Zona's D. Then everybody will see how great you are as they pick your body parts up all over the field.

San Fran is going to destroy him. They already had a beast of a DL, then they went and drafted Carradine and Lemonier.

Arizona would be wise to sign Abraham just for those 2 games alone. Abraham is good for 3 sacks per game against Jake Wrong.

Back
Top Bottom