Armando - Here are some changes coming in 2018 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Here are some changes coming in 2018

Until changes are made in the front office nothing will matter. I don't know if Gase is the man or not but he's not given a chance with the talent we have.

The talent we do have he signed off on. Sorry but when you sign off on bringing Jermone Bushrod back....

James is an obvious guy to move on from. That draft pick was sheer desperation. The Dolphins were traumatized having dealt with Marc Colombo and Tyson Clabo and they made developing an in-house RT look like nuclear physics. So, they passed on Bradin Cooks and others to take a middling guy in James.

There hasn't been a bit of difference in the games where James has been out. That kind of irrelevancy does not lead to a nine million dollar contract.

Heck if the Dolphins threw this out there next year, would it hurt us:

LT Tunsil
LG Larsen
C Brendel
RG Davis
RT Sterup

or

LT Tunsil
LG Davis
C Larsen
RG Asiata
RT Smith

or

LT Tunsil
LG Larsen
C Pouncey
RG Davis
RT Smith

And that is without adding a veteran free agent interior lineman and a mid-tier draft pick.

James would not change the effect compared to these lineups. If he comes back for a comparatively small salary (say 50 or 60% of the laughable $9 million), he could be considered. But, really, where the real help is needed is on the interior of the line. Davis may even be a better tackle than guard. Right tackle presents itself with a number of options. The interior line is where there is a cracked foundation.

Pass defense is the biggest issue. I'm not sure how to fix it, other than get in the quarterback's face every play. Otherwise I don't trust anyone to cover competently. Early in the game I was wondering if it was too late to rescind the Pro Bowl invitation to Reshad Jones.

Gase needs someone to point his nose in the direction of the goal line, and identify that as the objective.

No more sideways
So you don' think that Xiavian Howard can cover or played well this year? Accordingly to most experts he played at a Pro Bowl level the second half of the season.

So you don' think that Xiavian Howard can cover or played well this year? Accordingly to most experts he played at a Pro Bowl level the second half of the season.

Our scheme was the problem with the secondary...if I'm not mistaken they played press 2nd game against new England and it showed the talent of the cbs...

Last edited:
James is an obvious guy to move on from. That draft pick was sheer desperation. The Dolphins were traumatized having dealt with Marc Colombo and Tyson Clabo and they made developing an in-house RT look like nuclear physics. So, they passed on Bradin Cooks and others to take a middling guy in James.

There hasn't been a bit of difference in the games where James has been out. That kind of irrelevancy does not lead to a nine million dollar contract.

Heck if the Dolphins threw this out there next year, would it hurt us:

LT Tunsil
LG Larsen
C Brendel
RG Davis
RT Sterup

or

LT Tunsil
LG Davis
C Larsen
RG Asiata
RT Smith

or

LT Tunsil
LG Larsen
C Pouncey
RG Davis
RT Smith

And that is without adding a veteran free agent interior lineman and a mid-tier draft pick.

James would not change the effect compared to these lineups. If he comes back for a comparatively small salary (say 50 or 60% of the laughable $9 million), he could be considered. But, really, where the real help is needed is on the interior of the line. Davis may even be a better tackle than guard. Right tackle presents itself with a number of options. The interior line is where there is a cracked foundation.
The first line of those 3 would be my choice

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom