ARMANDO: Lack of star coaches makes Ross decision understandable | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO: Lack of star coaches makes Ross decision understandable

With all the contracts that can come off of the books, it would be a great time to get a new vision and attitude to lead the organization.

So you going surgically implant a new coach and take out Philbin. Give me a break. This isn't fantasy land.

You ready to make a 3-4 year commitment to a new guy with a GM in house on a one 1 year deal.
You willing to risk an inability to communicate that lead to the idiotic personnel moves of the Philbin-Ireland regime.

3-4 worst? Classic FH hyperbole. Philbins average. The record doesn't lie.

You're a good poster and I enjoy what you say. But the idea that Philbin is an average coach because he went 8-8 is beneath you. The coach's performance is based on a hell of a lot of circumstances beyond record, depending on the arc of a franchise. A coach could literally go 4-12 and be better than Philbin if his circumstances say that he had no chance. Another coach could go 11-5 and actually be a bad coach because he could have done better. Dumbing this down to record is comical.

With all the contracts that can come off of the books, it would be a great time to get a new vision and attitude to lead the organization.

That was my feeling. I don't trust that Hickey/Philbin wont mortgage the future to try and buy wins now.

You're a good poster and I enjoy what you say. But the idea that Philbin is an average coach because he went 8-8 is beneath you. The coach's performance is based on a hell of a lot of circumstances beyond record, depending on the arc of a franchise. A coach could literally go 4-12 and be better than Philbin if his circumstances say that he had no chance. Another coach could go 11-5 and actually be a bad coach because he could have done better. Dumbing this down to record is comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

Philbin is 7-9, 8-8, 8-8. He's middle of the road.

You have a very simplistic, almost child-like view of the world.

There's no decision on Coyle yet because they are waiting on Rex to find out that no one will hire him. Why that becomes real with Rex then he'll come to Miami as DC. Just waiting it out. So when Joe flub it next season 5 games in, Rex will be named interim HC. And then you know..

Ok so Philbin is middle of the road. I'm tired of middle of the road what about you?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ok so Philbin is middle of the road. I'm tired of middle of the road what about you?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
for sure, tired of it. nothing says the fins will stay middle of the road if they stay with philbin. I still believe Miami is close. bring in a new coach and there's a greater chance Miami will have to rebuild, again. or they continue on the same path as philbin, and they continue mediocrity. I'm willing to give all coaches one more year, and go from there. then, if no playoffs, clean house, but build around tannehill, as long as he continues to improve as well.

Philbin didn't lose the team because no one was on board with him to begin with. Philbin was a lame duck from the get go.

Completely disagree with Armondo. Just look at Mike Shanahan for example, 2 time super bowl winner, multiple playoff appearances, he is a CLEAR upgrade over Philbin.

Then you got guys like Bowles and Quinn, both aggressive with their coaching styles, that's what it takes to win! Both would also be clear upgrades over Joe.

Philbin as we all know is "queasy" and not capable of being a leader or capable of being aggressive, its just not in his DNA.

Philbin lost me when he collapsed in the G.B game. In my view, he was the SOLE reason we lost that game, he basically handed it to Rodgers on a silver platter. It was inexcusable and one of the worst coaching displays I have ever witnessed. How you can keep a guy after that pathetic display of coaching, is just mind boggling.

Completely disagree with Armondo. Just look at Mike Shanahan for example, 2 time super bowl winner, multiple playoff appearances, he is a CLEAR upgrade over Philbin.

Then you got guys like Bowles and Quinn, both aggressive with their coaching styles, that's what it takes to win! Both would also be clear upgrades over Joe.

Philbin as we all know is "queasy" and not capable of being a leader or capable of being aggressive, its just not in his DNA.

Philbin lost me when he collapsed in the G.B game. In my view, he was the SOLE reason we lost that game, he basically handed it to Rodgers on a silver platter. It was inexcusable and one of the worst coaching displays I have ever witnessed. How you can keep a guy after that pathetic display of coaching, is just mind boggling.

I never had great hope for Philbin, but gave him the shadow of the doubt, until the Tampa game immediately after Bullygate.

"First of all, let it go, people. Joe Philbin is your coach. Stephen Ross paid $1.1 billion for the right to make that call and he made it. It is done."

I read this and I wanted to punch something. Both because of the fact that Ross is the owner and that Armando wrote it the way he did.

"Learn to accept it or find a new team."

What a jerk. How about we find a new Dolphins beat writer to follow. Telling us it's not OK to disagree with the owner. What a lump of bull. Take a flying leap.

But, anyway, if Armando is correct and this is why Ross didn't make the move, it just serves as further confirmation that the guy has poor instincts when it comes to running a sports franchise. He doesn't have confidence. He does everything in half measures. He doesn't make bold moves, so he doesn't make any moves at all. He is hesitant.

He's turned the Dolphins into his team, the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom