Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
"I alluded yesterday to the idea the Dolphins could trade down from the No. 8 overall selection in the first round and today that idea is picking up steam as multiple club sources are telling me at this hour Miami has spoken to at least three teams about moving back.

Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said at his pre-draft press conference that moving up and moving back are both possibilities. Well, moving up not so much.
Moving back definitely has a chance.

Simply, the Dolphins like the idea of possibly trading back two to 8 slots and picking up a second-round selection for their trouble. That's why Ireland has been in talks with the teams to gauge that possibility.

That doesn't mean the Dolphins absolutely are trading back. We won't know until the process begins and players start to come off the board. But Miami wants to be prepared.

The Dolphins are obviously in a good position for this move because players such as Mark Barron, Fletcher Cox, and some believe Justin Blackmon, might be on the board when the Dolphins select. Those players could cause other teams to place a higher value on Miami's slot than even the Dolphins do.
We shall see."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...olphins-in-trade-down-mode.html#storylink=cpy

How would you feel if they traded down, got an extra 2nd, drafted one of the DE's, then package that extra 2nd and one of their Brandon Marshall 3rd to trade back into the 1st for Weeden? just a thought

I would love for this to happen. I think Tannehill will still be there then. I just don't see the Bills or Seahawks taking him with their first rounder. The Chiefs are the only team that really concern me.

Tannehill could plummet to the 40-50th pick range if Miami passes or trades down. Miami is the only reason that Tannehill is being speculated as a 1st round pick. He's all hype and it's all centered around Miami.

I would love to trade down and dare teams to pick Tannehill.

Stadard drafting procedure. If their guy isnt there at #8, they need to have a trade down partner set up.

Tannehill could plummet to the 40-50th pick range if Miami passes or trades down. Miami is the only reason that Tannehill is being speculated as a 1st round pick. He's all hype and it's all centered around Miami.

Absolutely not. He will go mid 1st at the latest. He's a top 15 player on most draft boards.

The Pats have shown for many years that 2nd round picks are gold. They turn into starters more than half the time and they cost a boatload less than 1sts. Miami, unfortunately, has been disastrous at handling these picks. If not for Miami alone, 2nd round picks would be starters 60% of the time, as almost all Miami's 2nd round picks have been brutal busts for quite a few years now. Hopefully that can be corrected.

With a trade-down I'm much less inclined to be disappointed with the 1st round pick. Fan psychology is weird.

If they move back 8 slots I draft Weeden at that point without giving up anything. Cleveland is a serious threat to take Weeden at 22 and I don't risk that happening. That gives you 5 picks in the top 73.

Tannehill is NOT plummeting that far. There are several teams who need QBs and could swipe him in the first half of round one if we don't pick him up.

I would LOVE a trade down... 5 picks in the top 3 rounds would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom