Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode"

Dallas is said to like Barron, Philly is said to like Cox and Gilmore and now with the Patriots inquiring about Seattle's pick; probably for Barron, there could be a very strong possibility that both Dallas and Philly will attempt to trade with Miami in order to jump ahead of Seattle!!! the 14th & 15th picks are where I'd suspect Tannehill would become more of a value pick. I'm not sure KC will take Tannehill with bigger needs in the secondary and front seven. I'm REALLY hoping for Miami to get a trade partner in an attempt to move down. The mid 2nd to mid 3rd round is the meaty part of this draft and feel Miami would be in prime position to perhaps trade down further from #42 and pick up an additional 3rd and really put it's stamp on revising the team into a more WCO type offense and 4-3 defense.

No matter what they do, it will get spun negatively by the media. I do think if Tannehill falls to 22 and both he and Weeden are on the board, the Browns take Weeden.

Definitely. Weeden makes far far more sense for the Browns, who need a QB that is ready right now. From their perspective, T-Rich and Weeden is quite an offensive overhaul. Or even a Blackmon/Weeden reunion.

It's been said on numerous occasions that the Dolphins FO are more than likely using Mando to get information out - so I think we can actually trust this report. Best way to let teams know you're looking to move down.

F*ck 3rd or 4th round draft choices. If they could convince some team to give them an extra 2nd rounder for the remainder of their 3rd-7th round picks it would be a coup. 1st and 2nd round draft picks are where it's at as far as those players becoming NFL starters. After round 2 you get to where those players become NFL starters only 1/3 to 1/4 of the time or worse.

I am fine with trading down a few spots, but I still hope we can draft Tannehill...I doubt Tannehill will last past #15 if we pass on him.

F*ck 3rd or 4th round draft choices. If they could convince some team to give them an extra 2nd rounder for the remainder of their 3rd-7th round picks it would be a coup. 1st and 2nd round draft picks are where it's at as far as those players becoming NFL starters. After round 2 you get to where those players become NFL starters only 1/3 to 1/4 of the time or worse.

There's some pretty good talent at some positions in the 3rd or 4th round (e.g. WR). But yeah, I hear you. We have a lot of young depth...need quality over quantity at this point. Stop turning over the bottom of the roster and get some good players at the top.

I am fine with trading down a few spots, but I still hope we can draft Tannehill...I doubt Tannehill will last past #15 if we pass on him.

See, I don't understand why people say this...I haven't heard any other team being associated with Tannehill other than the Dolphins today, which is what the rest of the teams want because they want more impact players to choose from...I'm sure there are other teams eyeing Tannehill but for possibly a second round pick....meanwhile everyone is trying to trade up for the Richardson's, the Cox's, the Barron's, etc....I havent heard of anyone indicating they are trying to trade up to draft Tannehill...and I surely hope we don't.

I hope we're not looking to trade down two slots...that's Buffalo and I have no interest in helping Buffalo in the draft...unless they pay a kings ransom.

Completely agree...unfortunetley it has to be us that are being associated in getting suckered...I havent heard any other team out there wanting Tannehill

Then you haven't been paying attention. KC and Seattle have both been linked to Tannehill. Wasn't long ago Cleveland was and I live in Bills country and there has been talk that they would strongly consider Tannehill if he was there. Not saying any of them would for sure take him if he's on the board but to say no other team has been associated with Tannehill is just flat out wrong

If Miami trades down it may freak out other teams vis a vis Ryan Tannehill since Sherman and the qb coach (Zak Taylor?) know him so well. They may see it as an indictment against the kid.

This may be the most riveting Dolphin draft ever, maybe exceeding 2007.

See, I don't understand why people say this...I haven't heard any other team being associated with Tannehill other than the Dolphins today, which is what the rest of the teams want because they want more impact players to choose from...I'm sure there are other teams eyeing Tannehill but for possibly a second round pick....meanwhile everyone is trying to trade up for the Richardson's, the Cox's, the Barron's, etc....I havent heard of anyone indicating they are trying to trade up to draft Tannehill...and I surely hope we don't.
Is that how you measure the worth of a player? Whether or not there are a lot of teams interested in him? I guess back in 2005 Green Bay must have been pretty happy no one had any interest in Aaron Rodgers since he fell to them at #24.

https://twitter.com/#!/RapSheet/statuses/195557251363250176

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport "keeps hearing" the Eagles may trade up to No. 11 if QB Ryan Tannehill is still on the board.
There's no telling if the Eagles' interest in Tannehill is serious; other speculation has them trading up to No. 7 for DT Fletcher Cox. It could be a moot point anyway. ESPN's Rachel Nichols, live at Dolphins headquarters, reports Miami's "most likely pick" at No. 8 will be Tannehill. The Miami Herald reports, however, that the Dolphins have spoken to at least three teams about trading down in the first round

I would be so stoked about trading down and picking up a 2nd! Pick up the best pass rusher and build with those two 2s and 3s! That would be so nasty

Back
Top Bottom