Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode"

Draft season is lying season. You would be a fool if you did not say you were open to and even talk with a few teams to move back. I'm not saying plan on it but no one really knows how the draft will go until it goes. That is one thing that is so great about it. If a player drops or a player is taken before he is "suppose to" and it can start a train reaction.

This can happen with positions. A couple of O lineman or cornerbacks etc are taken and a run can start on them. If Tannehill is taken early then Weeden and the rest of the QBs will be taken earlier.

Like Patton, a number of chess masters and Mike Tyson said, once you come into contact, someone does something unexpected or you "get hit" the plan changes or goes out the window. The same sort of thing happens with the draft.

Draft season is lying season. You would be a fool if you did not say you were open to and even talk with a few teams to move back. I'm not saying plan on it but no one really knows how the draft will go until it goes. That is one thing that is so great about it. If a player drops or a player is taken before he is "suppose to" and it can start a train reaction.

This can happen with positions. A couple of O lineman or cornerbacks etc are taken and a run can start on them. If Tannehill is taken early then Weeden and the rest of the QBs will be taken earlier.

Like Patton, a number of chess masters and Mike Tyson said, once you come into contact, someone does something unexpected or you "get hit" the plan changes or goes out the window. The same sort of thing happens with the draft.

Couldn't agree more

Just a draft a freaking playmaker! Get it right

If they move back 8 slots I draft Weeden at that point without giving up anything. Cleveland is a serious threat to take Weeden at 22 and I don't risk that happening. That gives you 5 picks in the top 73.

You want an almost 30 year old qb?Waste of a pick.

i would love for them to move back in the draft and not take tannehill or grab him later cuz i think he will be there later if we pass on him at 8. Pick up a second and 4th or 5th and get tannehill later or another playmaker later. The only time i dont want us to trade back is if blackmon were to miraciously fall to us at 8. then i say draft him and i think most everyone would be thrilled.

There are a lot of implications to taking a QB in the 1st round. That's why if one slips through where they're expected they'll keep sliding awhile. Most teams need to feel prepared to take a QB high. If KC or Cle aren't ready for it then it is possible Tannehill slips a long way. If he's someone this FO really wants as their future QB then that's a hell of a risk to take. Of course trading down would also eliminate Kuechly, Coples, Barron, Floyd as possibilities.

If we trade back we run the risk of losing Tannehill and besides, someone may jump us at #8 if they value him that much so it wont matter anyway. We need an impact starter right now so acquiring another 3rd this year or maybe a late 2nd from a team like Detroit (#54) and packing that pick with our 2nd rounder (#42) to get back into the first round since we bomb on 2nd rounders so much its a curse.

YES.. trade down get more picks and get two first rounders. Get weeden and a pass rusher or perhaps a nice wr like hill.

would be the best scenario. I hope they trade down and pick up an extra 2nd rounder to be honest. It seems there is enough talent in this draft where we can come away with some starters.

Is that how you measure the worth of a player? Whether or not there are a lot of teams interested in him? I guess back in 2005 Green Bay must have been pretty happy no one had any interest in Aaron Rodgers since he fell to them at #24.

That's not how I measure the worth of a player, but common sense would be that if a lot of teams like a certain player, then there must be something special in his talents, whereas if not too many teams are interested in a player, then there may be alot of questions still unanswered about his talents...but to say Tannehill will not be there past #15 is absurd...Had Green Bay picked #8 in the 2005 NFL draft, there's no telling if they would have taken Aaron Rodgers at that spot considering the lack of interest as you say

If theres one person I hate more than Jeff Ireland its that idiot Armando Salwhatever

I'm loving this trade down talk. That's what would be best. Pick up an extra 2nd rounder while still being able to choose from Floyd, Keuchley and or Decastro.

Value picks instead of reaches.

If Blackmon is on the board, you absolutely pull the trigger. Move back up into the first and snag Weedon, call it a day.

Completely agree...unfortunetley it has to be us that are being associated in getting suckered...I havent heard any other team out there wanting Tannehill

You haven't been listening.

Dallas, Seattle, KC, Cleveland and philly are all believed to be looking at ways to get him. We need him to fall TO us AT 8. Kuechly and DeCastro need to go ahead of us. Blackmon doesn't last past the Rams.

I am deathly afraid we wind up with fletcher cox or barron (say NO to satan guys) :shakeno:

And I want NO part of weeden in any round, he is TOO OLD. If we fool around and lose out on Tannehill just sell the farm and get Osweiler and cut our losses. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom