Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: "Miami Dolphins in trade-down mode"

I have a feeling were going to end up with osweiler
Nothing we do in this draft would piss me off more. For one, I don't think he'll ever be an NFL QB, but even if it were possible no one in this FO or coaching staff would survive the development time needed for him to be NFL ready.

let's get a first rounder next year from a team that ends up sucking. i would like to be in the catbird seat next year with our own number one plus a top 5 pick, and i am willing to wait. :)

You don't trade a 1st rd pick this year for a 1st next year. Maybe our 2nd pick this year for a 1st next year. Usually you gain a round for losing a year in trades. And personally as bad as our 2nd rd picks have been the past few years I say we should do it every year. With the 8th pick in the 2nd round most any team that had a certain player they wanted at pick 40 would be willing to trade next years 1st for our 2nd.

Hoops, whats your opinion of Tannehill potential? I know you like him and think he is the pick @ #8

i think he has tremendous potential...top 12 nfl qb upside...how can anyone not like that kids potential??? i also think that maybe had he gone to the senior bowl and showed like he's capable of in that setting we may not be talking about him getting to #8...i think cleveland might be more in this had that been the case...it might have been a boon for us...kids got not good but great feel for the pocket...he feels pressure steps up i mean he's got a lot of things i like...is he top 10 worthy talent wise i say yes but the tape and end results in 2011 doesn't warrant that high...but c ponder went #12 last year and this kids got more upside than him...qbs always go high and guys always get bumped up...kaepernick last year at #40...you kidding me big bird treated the ball like a hot potato last year in 9ers camp...point is qbs get overdrafted...at least this ones got high upside...anyone who says he doesn't is lying

he's already played in our system also...transition wise i don't think its gonna be all that difficult as far as the playbook etc...look at our sched this team could win 6 games easy...we'll be back in no mans land next year when it comes to a qb if we don't strike when we have a chance...and the chance for a 1st round physical talent with upside is right in front of us...man up

Another vote for trading down!

I can see it now. Justin Blackmon sitting there at number 8. The commissioner comes out and announces that we made a trade. I then lose all hope.

Well said Hoops. That's it in a nut shell.

you want safe average upside go get yourself kirk cousins...you want risk but potential for a top 12 nfl and franchise qb ryan tannehill fits the mold...i choose the latter...every time

i think he has tremendous potential...top 12 nfl qb upside...how can anyone not like that kids potential??? i also think that maybe had he gone to the senior bowl and showed like he's capable of in that setting we may not be talking about him getting to #8...i think cleveland might be more in this had that been the case...it might have been a boon for us...kids got not good but great feel for the pocket...he feels pressure steps up i mean he's got a lot of things i like...is he top 10 worthy talent wise i say yes but the tape and end results in 2011 doesn't warrant that high...but c ponder went #12 last year and this kids got more upside than him...qbs always go high and guys always get bumped up...kaepernick last year at #40...you kidding me big bird treated the ball like a hot potato last year in 9ers camp...point is qbs get overdrafted...at least this ones got high upside...anyone who says he doesn't is lying

he's already played in our system also...transition wise i don't think its gonna be all that difficult as far as the playbook etc...look at our sched this team could win 6 games easy...we'll be back in no mans land next year when it comes to a qb if we don't strike when we have a chance...and the chance for a 1st round physical talent with upside is right in front of us...man up

This is it to a T. Especially the part about the Senior Bowl. I remember thinking at the time what a blessing in disguise that was for us. Apparently the Dolphins also have embargoed Mike Sherman through this process, not letting any other teams talk to him about Tannehill. Dickish, but a good move.

These guys with huge upside but who haven't put it all together yet... what are you always looking to do there from an evaluation standpoint? Get as much information as you can. It's priceless, that information. You talk to everyone. Investigate everything. You're trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle without all the pieces, and not having access to all the information is like not having all the pieces and putting the thing together upside down, too. Imagine if nobody could have talked to Gene Chizik about Cam Newton last year, and that Newton was injured and couldn't participate at the Combine. That basically the situation with Tannehill this year. No one got to see him work out until like a month ago.

Compare this to the evaluation process of a guy like Kirk Cousins. It's comparatively easy. You don't need to talk to his coach (though you probably do anyway). Everyone knows he's a try hard guy. Everyone knows he has impeccable character. Everyone knows he can operate a pro style offense. None of that stuff is the issue.

But a guy like Tannehill, there's a lot of question marks. Without a Senior Bowl or the Combine and without access to his coach, it's hard for other teams to answer those questions. The Dolphins are really the only team in the league with a complete picture of the thing. Now whether they're blind to it? Who knows? They often are.

The stars lining up like this is something that rarely happens. Almost never. It remains to be seen whether the Dolphins see fit to screw it up anyway.

Right on point. Exactly how I feel about Tannehill and our situation. If we ***** out and end up taking Osweiler with a later pick than I hope you have a positive take on him to share before I throw myself off the ledge.

Cousins name shouldn't even be used in the same paragraph as Tannehill. If your plan is to draft Kirk ****ing Cousins don't even bother. Moore has more potential than Cousins.

Tannehill should be the pick.

people talk about weeden so much...i rarely saw weeden even sniffed by pressure...how do we have any idea how he has a feel for the pocket and pressure...i don't...i know one thing i saw him run one qb sneak in from like the 2 yard line and it looked like he was carrying a load in his pants he was so damn slow to break the plane on the goalline...

there's a transition there to taking 3...5...and 7 step pro style drops and a qb who will be 29 as a rookie...not to mention learning the offense...

go for it cleveland...

by the way jay glazer just said there's nothing going on yet as far as trade talks in the top 10...

Back
Top Bottom