Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship

Makes sense. Philbin knew he was next in line for the hangman. Getting a new QB would have bought him more time.

Also Philbin had a knack for getting rid of quality players and also had a knack for being a terrible evaluator of players.

I don't wanna click on the article can someone please quote the text?

again whether you want to support Ryan Tannehill or not, if all this is true Joe Philbin went about everything the wrong way. If you don't support a QB don't play him. Simple as that. Jay Gruden was flat out told by Dan Snyder he had to play RG3. Gruden played that game in year 1, but this year played Cousin and it pissed Snyder off. You better well believe had the Redskins not made the playoffs Gruden would have been fired, Cousins gone, and RG3 would be starting next year. Hell, if they get blown out today I could see that still happening.

Ryan welcomed Marino's support and advice, not surprising considering the worthelesss coaching supoort he got from his star QB and OC coaches. Apparently no support from his HC either.

Meh, I am not a Tannehill guy, but Joe did more to hurt this team than Tannehill could ever do.

Naanee, Bess, Hartline, Armstrong, Marlon Moore, Armon Binns . . . While trading away a top 10 wr. Any coach that would set up his qb, let alone a first round investment at qb with that type of group at wr has no room to place blame.

That is a revelation

Not really fair to blame Philbin now for the Dolphin's problem is it?

So....

that puts a completely different spin on everything, doesn't it?

That is a revelation

So....

No still plenty of blame for Philbin. You dont trust your QB but you wont run the ball, yup makes perfect sense. You kept Coyle on the staff, team played uninspired...

Even if you aren't a Ryan Tannehill supporter specifically, the idea that Joe wanted to throw the players under the bus for everything explains why we nearly had player mutinies two years in a row.

Awful stuff. Should have just fired Joe after 2013.

Interesting article. I wonder why info like this would come out now and not immediately after Joe was fired?

My impression of almost everything Joe did, was that he was loyal to a fault. I certainly didn't agree with many of his moves, but I never got the sense he wasn't loyal and would throw his players under the bus.

I also recall that a lot of the talk around not announcing RT as the starter in that London game was to light a fire under RT which seemed to work. So either Joe is some scheming, backstabbing office politics troll, or this is another bit of gossip to make the new folks look good by making the old folks look bad.

I suspect the latter.....

1056b357bca06d4b26770d285dfb8b1e-1.jpg

That is a revelation

So....

Tannehill had no line, an inexperienced qb coach, bad OC's, a HC who didnt believe him but still had multiple good years. But lets put the past few years on him and give Philbin a pass.

If Philbin didnt believe in Tannehill then fine he should have been a man and done something about it, not simply stick with Tannehill but do nothing to put Ryan in a position to win.

**** him

Explains why they never troubled themselves to put together an O line and just let Tannehill take an absolute beating year after year. I am actually furious about this, I backed Philbin a lot longer than I should have because I thought like me he wanted the best for Ryan Tannehill, clearly not.

My impression of almost everything Joe did, was that he was loyal to a fault. I certainly didn't agree with many of his moves, but I never got the sense he wasn't loyal and would throw his players under the bus.

No, he definitely threw his guys under the bus. He always blamed execution and never coaching in his pressers. I realize that Armando put this out there with an agenda, but consider:

1. The players' mutiny against Philbin/Sherman in 2013 before Bullygate.
2. The rumor that Philbin did indeed blame the players for the 2013 failures and nearly got fired defending Mike Sherman.
3. Rumblings that Tannehill 'went off script' at one point because he was upset with the coaching staff.
4. The repeated player mutinies vs Kevin Coyle.

The 'he wanted to draft Derek Carr' thing is new to me, though.

I don't know if thill is answer but we need draft qb or see what mat moore can do beside setting on bench.

Now you see why Miko went of her way to show love to Philbin on Twitter recently....

Back
Top Bottom