Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship

No, he definitely threw his guys under the bus. He always blamed execution and never coaching in his pressers. I realize that Armando put this out there with an agenda, but consider:

1. The players' mutiny against Philbin/Sherman in 2013 before Bullygate.
2. The rumor that Philbin did indeed blame the players for the 2013 failures and nearly got fired defending Mike Sherman.
3. Rumblings that Tannehill 'went off script' at one point because he was upset with the coaching staff.
4. The repeated player mutinies vs Kevin Coyle.

The 'he wanted to draft Derek Carr' thing is new to me, though.

:lol: Dereck Carr would have been a real superstar in our O behind this line, Tannehill has had to suffer through this mess, I would never wish it on another young qb

I am forced to believe this article because the last two years make sense given this revelation. Philbin should have been fired with Sherman. Clearly, he is not mature enough not to resent his QB. I am not sure that I have heard of a more foolish attitude by a head head coach! The aspect of this story that really bothers me is how do you blame a QB for anything on the field when his childish head coach is actively undermining his confidence and actively impeding his ability to succeed. Sigh, I guess I have to give RT two more years to get it correct. Arrrrrgggh!

Interesting article. I wonder why info like this would come out now and not immediately after Joe was fired?

I suspect the latter.....
Armando has been putting out these "click" type of articles the past month. He has gained a lot attention in the national spotlight, including right this minute. Could be truth to this article but I am sure Armando has added a little icing to the cake though.

Yeah there's been rumblings every year about how the players didn't feel that Philbin had their back. Darlington even went on The Finsiders in preseason and said Joe had to improve his relationship a lot with players because he took the attitude "it's not my job to motivate you guys to play".

Now also reading between the lines, and this will piss some off even more, I don't think people realized how bad the relationship with Philbin was until Marino, Garfinkle, and Tannenbaum became more involved.

No, he definitely threw his guys under the bus. He always blamed execution and never coaching in his pressers. I realize that Armando put this out there with an agenda, but consider:

1. The players' mutiny against Philbin/Sherman in 2013 before Bullygate.
2. The rumor that Philbin did indeed blame the players for the 2013 failures and nearly got fired defending Mike Sherman.
3. Rumblings that Tannehill 'went off script' at one point because he was upset with the coaching staff.
4. The repeated player mutinies vs Kevin Coyle.

The 'he wanted to draft Derek Carr' thing is new to me, though.

I appreciate your points Wanny, but again, I viewed the Sherman and Coyle issues as just additional examples of Philbin's loyalty to a fault. Both these guys were problems, but he continued to blindly support them. I'm not familiar with 2 & 3, but accept your comments on them.

The Derek Carr thing is something I have never heard.....and I find odd considering RT's first 3 years should pretty steady positive progress.

Yeah there's been rumblings every year about how the players didn't feel that Philbin had their back. Darlington even went on The Finsiders in preseason and said Joe had to improve his relationship a lot with players because he took the attitude "it's not my job to motivate you guys to play".

Now also reading between the lines, and this will piss some off even more, I don't think people realized how bad the relationship with Philbin was until Marino, Garfinkle, and Tannenbaum became more involved.

I still don't like Mike Tannenbaum, but the honest, sad truth is that he might be a blessing for us at this time.

Stop with the oline nonsense already.

Tannehill is awful, accept it already. Most teams don't have good olines, if you try to list them off the top of your head I bet you can't name 5.

Philbin knew his career was dependent on the QB, as all coaches careers in this league for the most part.

If your qb doesn't perform, you'll lose your job, Tannehill has taken down 3 offensive coordinators in a very short career.

He's a complete stiff, he cnt feel the pressure, can't get away from it, he makes NO plays. I don't care how good a OC or HC is, you need your QB to make some damn plays.

Tannehill is right next to Bradford as easiest QBs to hit hard. Every time Ryan gets hit I feel like that ball is coming out.

Philbin sounds like a cancer, throwing everyone under the bus except his closest bud Mike Sherman.

I wonder who is the source for this story? Hickey?

In hindsight, Carr wouldn't have been the worst move back then, but considering the star of the OL here, especially without James, I doubt he would have been successful. It would have been a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armando has been putting out these "click" type of articles the past month. He has gained a lot attention in the national spotlight, including right this minute. Could be truth to this article but I am sure Armando has added a little icing to the cake though.

Yep, he took some time off for awhile making his click bait articles, because his name had gotten so bad, he also got in trouble.

He was just as hated as Omar not long ago. He went on a hiatus for awhile after that.

But the old Armamdo we forgot about is back for this off season it seems.

Why didnt Philbin play Moore then?

And any coach/GM/Fan can point to draft picks that they "wanted" after they ended up being successful. I wonder how many other players Philbin wanted that didnt pan out. But we wont hear about those I'm sure.

I am actually confused by Armandos agenda here to be honest.

Even if you aren't a Ryan Tannehill supporter specifically, the idea that Joe wanted to throw the players under the bus for everything explains why we nearly had player mutinies two years in a row.

Awful stuff. Should have just fired Joe after 2013.

And Ross didn't have an inkling of all this dysfunction?? Jeez he is really out of the loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, a few things need to be remembered here: 1) Armando and Ireland were/are close buddies and 2) Ireland drafted Tannehill 3) Philbin had Ireland whacked. I don't consider Armando to be impartial or reliable when it comes to anything related to Joe Philbin. With that said, i still wonder sometimes how much things would be different in the Fins finished off the Packers last year. I really think that was a game that could of turned everything around, and queasy Joe fell apart at the end.

Back
Top Bottom