Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship

Jason Fox was not the only issue on the OL but interesting that Omar only mentions him and the QB as problems. B

Ireland ran Vontae out of town...Joe just didn't stop him.

I remember everyone here wanted Sean Smith gone because he couldn't tackle or catch an interception.

Dansby came in 30+ pounds overweight and it showed in his play or lack thereof

Richie...well that whole situation was a disaster and could have been avoided if Joe had his way after that golf tournament.

So none of those situations head anything to do with the head coach? That already tells me he's a bad coach

Report: Joe Philbin wanted to replace Ryan Tannehill with Derek Carr

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-to-replace-ryan-tannehill-with-derek-carr/

As the Dolphins turn the page, finally, on the Joe Philbin era by hiring Adam Gase to coach the team, there’s one last nugget to note before Philbin fades completely into the dustbin of Dolphins’ history.

In 2014, only two years after the team made quarterback Ryan Tannehill a top-10 pick, Philbin wanted the team to use a first-round pick on quarterback Derek Carr.

The past two seasons arguably have vindicated Philbin; Carr has shown considerable promise early in his career as a second-round pick of the Raiders, and most would regard Carr as having a higher ceiling than Tannehill.

So none of those situations head anything to do with the head coach? That already tells me he's a bad coach

Are you being serious?

All these players were here before Philbin arrived and their problems, except Richie's, were caused before Philbin arrived.

Personally I could easily have lived with Carr and some friggin QB competition instead of JuWan...(not that I'm putting Juwan down)...

Feel even stronger about it now

Joe some advice.....shouldof, couldof doesn't work............

Personally I could easily have lived with Carr and some friggin QB competition instead of JuWan...(not that I'm putting Juwan down)...

Feel even stronger about it now

Joe some advice.....shouldof, couldof doesn't work............

Stay tuned were probably going to get next what Hickey wanted.....like the second round draft pick he was overruled on.

Carr would not be what he is today behind our O-Line.

One of Armando's best pieces. For THE FIRST TIME I support Joe Phailbin on something. I too wanted Derek Carr in the first round. In fact I thought he was a better QB that Manziel, Bridgewater and Bortles because he was clearly more polished. My warning to Gase is; approach this QB situation with an open mind. But if your instinct tells you he is not the answer, pull him and send a clear message to management to get a new QB in here.

I think its true. Lets connect the tea leaves.

1) Phlbin wouldn't name his starting QB before the London gm in 2014 after the Fins got off to a 1-2 start. Tannehill was pretty fiesty in response saying "this is my team" and responded with his best performence of the yr. It was a very strange spot for Philbin to publically call out his young starting QB 3 gms in.

2) The way Miko Grimes stuck up for Philbin and bashed RT gives you some insight here. She rarely publically bashed Philbin, yet was always quick on the RT trigger.

3) The Game before London....When the Practice squad trash was breakig up routes and giving Tannehill a hard time. You have to believe this isn't happening if Philbin is telling them to stop in any way. These are guys that are living paycheck to paycheck and the guy who makes the decision to activate them is Philbin, no way they try to get on his wrong side.

Bottom Line: I'm not saying everything is true, but I think very well Philbin, whether he hd his reason or not, was not married to the idea that Ryan was the answer here and maybe believed he could outlast him here in order to get his own guy in.

a lot of stupid, untapped nonsense being thrown around in this thread...

the only one responsible for philbin losing his job is philbin. he showed absolutely no ability to form relationships with his players, he alienated and deported good talent, he gave us absolutely 0 game-time advantage come sunday, and frankly he couldn't keep control of a locker room.

blame philbin for tannehill, blame tannehill for philbin...when did people stop taking responsibility for their own results? philbin earned the firing and regardless what some people may claim tannehill earned his job through his play. he's stood tough through some of the worst ineptitude i've ever seen in an organization and on the football field....

it's as if people disregard the chatter and doubt regarding tannehill...first year coach and all, he will be playing for his job this year. both philbin and tannehill have earned their current situations.

unless you think phiblin is a better coach than tannehill is a quarterback....please someone say they do, please.

and before people chime in about philbin wanting carr bla bla bla, so what? i've wanted competent guard play for 3 years and a starting caliber inside linebacker, but i'm not the gm and neither was philbin.

Gotta give Armando credit...he knows how to get a rise out of Phin Phans.

There's obviously some merit to this. We all saw Philbin lay Tannehill out to dry before the London game. And Tannehill made it clear he didn't like it. They never were on the same page.

Joe Philbin was a lousy head coach, but Tannehill is indeed a coach killing, mediocre quarterback.

The two go hand and hand in yielding horrible on field results.

Rightly or wrongly, Miami considers him our franchise QB. How would other organizations handle staff who didn't support their franchise QBs? Anyone think Seattle or Carolina have any patience for staff who undermine or talk smack about Russell Wilson or Cam Newton? .

You understand the Seahawks had a different starting QB before they had Russell Wilson, right? You don't think anybody said anything negative about that QB before going out and getting different QBs?

Back
Top Bottom