Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship

There's nothing Gase can do to save Ryan, your delusional if you think he's going to learn to work a pocket overnight.

Ryan is just too damn easy to hit, it takes years and thousands of reps to develop those insticts. It's not going to happen, there is 0 chance of saving tannehill.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

hahaha, do you even watch football? Jets oline, same level as ours, probably worse. Denver? Are you kidding me, just stop...

St Louis?

HAGAHA, your funny....

Week 17 Tannehill was dealing and he is capable of that.

There's nothing Gase can do to save Ryan, your delusional if you think he's going to learn to work a pocket overnight.

Ryan is just too damn easy to hit, it takes years and thousands of reps to develop those insticts. It's not going to happen, there is 0 chance of saving tannehill.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

hahaha, do you even watch football? Jets oline, same level as ours, probably worse. Denver? Are you kidding me, just stop...

St Louis?

HAGAHA, your funny....

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/7337/the-5-best-pass-blocking-offensive-lines-in-2015

New York

In 2015, Ryan Fitzpatrick became the first New York Jets quarterback since Chad Pennington in 2008 to finish in the top 10 in Total NEP (which includes both rushing and passing abilities). A big part of his success can be chalked up to the offensive line.

On the 581 times that Fitzpatrick dropped back to pass this season, he only took a sack 19 times. This equates to 3.27 percent of his drop backs, the third best rate in the league among quarterbacks with 100 drop backs.

Additionally, the sacks that did occur didn't end up costing the team too dearly.

In order to quantify this, I divided the expected points lost on sacks by the total number of drop backs, giving us a Sack NEP per drop back for each player. This could be used to find how much a player's Passing NEP per drop back decreased strictly as a result of sacks, if you were inclined to find such information.

Fitzpatrick finished the year with -0.05 Sack NEP per drop back, again the third best total in the league. This isn't a knock on Fitzpatrick's abilities as a passer, but the effectiveness of his offensive line certainly amped up his efficiency this year.

St Louis

It's super awkward to speak highly of a St. Louis Rams offense that finished dead last in Adjusted Passing NEP per play. It was ugly and abominable, but it doesn't look like you can blame the offensive line for it.

As bad as Nick Foles was, he still managed to finish ninth in Sack NEP per drop back. This put him two spots behind the player who supplanted him in the starting lineup in Case Keenum. Two of the nine best Sack NEP per drop back marks came from Rams quarterbacks. That's a hefty endorsement of the boys up front.

If we just look at raw sack rate, things get even better for the Rams. Here, Keenum finished second with Foles in fifth place. With this being the case, it's hard to pin the offense's inefficiencies on the offensive line. They appear to have done their job exceptionally well.

So if Foles wasn't losing efficiency because of his offensive line, how bad was he with his arm? This is not a question that the faint of heart should be asking. The numbers are NSFW.

Overall, Foles finished 43rd in Passing NEP per drop back out of 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs at -0.17. When we take out the NEP lost on sacks, Foles improves to -0.09. This makes him the worst quarterback in the league, trailing second-worst Zach Mettenberger by a considerable margin. Not great, Bob!.

What does this mean moving forward? The Rams have some decent pieces in place offensively. Todd Gurley seems like a quality running back, and the offensive line is clicking along well. It's just unfortunate that the play of their quarterback has lowered the reputation of a unit that is truly set up for long-term success.

I mean should I keep going?

What's cowardly about blocking people on twitter? I don't get that. You insult a guy and he tells you to **** off. That's what I would do. :idk:

Better question is why were you following a guy who barely has a spinal cord, much less a brain?

I didn't even insult him. My exact tweet was:

@OmarKelly you realize that you lose all credibility as reporter when you form relationships w certain players n cover them diff??

He responded with a cris carter meme and promptly blocked me. It tells me that he can't engage in a real conversation. For a reporter who dishes it out without abandon, I consider blocking me rather than engaging me in conversation a quite cowardly act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omar Kelly, a reporter who multiple Dolphins players have threatened to beat up, and insulted in the past, now has the absolute PULSE of the locker room, folks.

The hire of Gase as HC still worries me, but I am excited that he gets to work with Tannehill. I've always wondered how Tannehill could develop under the teaching of a real QB-focused coach. I've never felt Taylor was the right guy to teach him.

Joe ran Vontae, Sean Smith, Dansby and Richie out of town. What are these teams glaring needs again?

Ireland ran Vontae out of town...Joe just didn't stop him.

I remember everyone here wanted Sean Smith gone because he couldn't tackle or catch an interception.

Dansby came in 30+ pounds overweight and it showed in his play or lack thereof

Richie...well that whole situation was a disaster and could have been avoided if Joe had his way after that golf tournament.

Stop with the oline nonsense already.

Tannehill is awful, accept it already. Most teams don't have good olines, if you try to list them off the top of your head I bet you can't name 5.

Philbin knew his career was dependent on the QB, as all coaches careers in this league for the most part.

If your qb doesn't perform, you'll lose your job, Tannehill has taken down 3 offensive coordinators in a very short career.

He's a complete stiff, he cnt feel the pressure, can't get away from it, he makes NO plays. I don't care how good a OC or HC is, you need your QB to make some damn plays.

Tannehill is right next to Bradford as easiest QBs to hit hard. Every time Ryan gets hit I feel like that ball is coming out.

Tannehill played better behind that OL than anyone in the history of the league could have. He made every possible play, no mistakes. He feels pressure better than anyone. His throws are perfect.

(this is how I'm going to respond to every nonsensical anti-Tannehill rant.)

Week 17 Tannehill was dealing and he is capable of that.

Throwing a few tds in a meaningless game is "dealing"?

Come on, your smarter than that. Dude was god awful all season, one decent game, and you think he's going to do that consistently all of a sudden?

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m1 minute ago

Adam Beasley Retweeted Miami Herald Sports

More news on Philbin: Tannenbaum wanted Joe to hire an asst who could step in as DC if Coyle failed. JP refused.

This article supports the hire of Gase. Not knowing this fact the Gase hire sounds like repeating the same thing the team did four years ago. Sounds like the Philbin hire was a really bad one. I am not more hopeful for Gase than I was. Still would like to see Dan Campbell in the team.

I didn't even insult him. My exact tweet was:

@OmarKelly you realize that you lose all credibility as reporter when you form relationships w certain players n cover them diff??

He responded with a cris carter meme and promptly blocked me. It tells me that he can't engage in a real conversation. For a reporter who dishes it out without abandon, I consider blocking me rather than engaging me in conversation a quite cowardly act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't consider that an insult? I would. Just saying.

Either way if he blocked you he did you a favor.

This is easy. Let Gase work with RT and see if he gets better. If not, the team can get out of the deal and draft a young QB and allow him to grow the Gase.

The Fins are fine.

Do you seriously believe "The Fins are fine", or is that a joke? Bottom line, these are just more revelations regarding the complete disfunction that exists in this franchise. And just because Mike Tannenbaum is here, it doesn't mean the disfunction is going to end. Sadly, the billionaire at the top doesn't seem capable of dealing with these issues.

Wowsers!! It sounds like Philbin was as frustrated as I am with the QB situation. I, and many others were screaming for us to take a QB in the first round of that draft. How's that RT working out for us?

When you agree to not have final control of the 53 you don't take the franchise hostage by threatening to play worse players if you don't get your way. Tell them what you want and if the decision maker does something else you still have to play the guy that gives you your best chance to win, even if you feel he's not giving you a very good chance.

Do you also have to purposely put him in a position to fail? Shouldn't you also put competent players on the OL and not run a scheme that throws the ball 70% of the time?

Do you think Gase thought Tebow was a true NFL QB? I sure hope not. Did the Broncos play an offense that Tebow wasn't going to be successful in? NO!!! And that is the whole point and the difference between Philzor and Gase.

Philbin and Lazor are idiots.

Back
Top Bottom