Armando: No Excuses in 2015 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: No Excuses in 2015

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Miami Dolphins’ 2015 season, a seven-month journey that had better play out pretty much the way everyone in the organization hopes because unlike past years, this year needs to be different.

The season needs to be one for no excuses.

Since 2008 when the Dolphins last made the NFL playoffs, indeed since December of 2000 when they last won a postseason game, this fan base has been deluged with reasons and rationalizations their team has not been good enough.

Ricky Williams retired days before training camp.

They missed on Drew Brees not once but twice.

A.J. Feely wasn’t who Rick Spielman thought.

Daunte Culpepper’s knee wasn’t what the doctors thought.

Nick Saban didn’t really want to be here.

Bill Parcells left too soon.

Jeff Ireland stayed too long.

It’s always been something to explain why a team that almost took winning for granted and enjoyed a national following from the 1970s through the ’90s suddenly wasn’t successful with any consistency.

Not this year.

Not 2015.

This season, the golden 50th anniversary for the franchise, must come with no excuses, no pretexts, no justifications and definitely no apologies. Fans are no longer in a forgiving mood. Explanations won’t do anymore.

Mr. Ross, we’re not buying that you’re trying to build a best-in-class organization anymore unless, you know, the team finally plays like it is best in some class. And giving contract extensions to coaches who do not make the playoffs, something you’ve done twice now, is not a best-in-class move in any universe.

Coach Philbin, you didn’t have the horses in ’12. You didn’t get along with Jeff Ireland in ’13. You broke in a new general manager and offensive coordinator in ’14. This year you must make the playoffs or, well, you know …

No excuses.

The same applies to the personnel department and the players on the roster the personnel department assembled.

The personnel department wanted to remake the receiver room in the offseason. Done. It determined, against public opinion, that Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner deserved to be penciled in as starting guards. Fine.

Those decisions, significant in that they call into question quarterback Ryan Tannehill’s cohesion with his pass-catchers and his ability to stay upright under pressure, better work.
This season the Dolphins plan to celebrate their 50th anniversary by rolling out throwback jerseys and helmets and recalling a time when the franchise was unquestionably among the NFL’s elite. Well, when the postseason comes, the Dolphins must, in fact, be among the NFL’s elite.

No. Excuses.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...o-salguero/article29473957.html#storylink=cpy

giphy.gif

I'm not really an Armando guy but he's 100% right. This is the best Dolphin's fan I've ever seen on paper, being a fan since 2005. Anything short of the playoffs is a huge disappointment.

Wow, he actually hammered the nail on the head. No effin excuses!

Ugh ... I hate when I agree with Armando

Armando got it right. He eloquently translated the thoughts of the Dolphin's fan base. "Don't tell me about the labor pains, show me the freaking baby!"

I definitely like Armando more than I do Omar .

I agree , unless something like a Tannehill injury occurs .... No excuses

WOW I read the article and immediately came over here to see finheaven trash it and am pleasantly surprised. I agree too. We always want to make excuses. Injuries at key spots could be valid ones but he's exactly right. The team has talent, win!

Armando got it right. He eloquently translated the thoughts of the Dolphin's fan base. "Don't tell me about the labor pains, show me the freaking baby!"

Way to steal a Mike Zimmer quote! I laughed my ass of when I heard that on NFL network today. Paul Allen, who is the radio voice of the Vikes, always uses it as it's one of his favorite lines the coach uses.

Which reminds me, **** the Vikes, God I hate that team. Growing up in North Dakota, after the AFCE teams they are easily my least favorite team.

Back
Top Bottom