Armando: No Excuses in 2015 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: No Excuses in 2015

One of the rare times I'll agree with Armando. Unless we get ravaged by injuries we should be in the playoffs

Uh oh what are the homers gonna say now if we suck again?

I'm more intrigued to see what will happen to you if we don't.

death-star-o.gif

if 3 or 4 "key" guys get hurt by the end of September.....there is an excuse.

While Armando is on his high horse in July, and he is pumping his chest acting like billy badass......it's not reality!
Perhaps I'm confused as to what an 'excuse' is. Usually, you can watch a game and figure out why we lost. In a great many of our losses in the last two years, it looks like the offense can't move the ball when we need to and/or the defense gets outmatched when we need a stop. Who's making excuses about that? When Albert went down last season, we had to move James to the left and a rookie was clearly not as good as a pro bowler. That also meant that we put our second string RT in and killed all depth at the tackle position. Is it an excuse that we didn't have two starter quality tackles on the bench, waiting to come in and play balls out? Not for me, it's an explanation. We got beat because the you win or lose with the players on the field.

Unless the stars align, very few teams can withstand key losses and be as good as they would have been fully healthy. Albert was a key loss, but a better coach would have figured out how to work beyond that deficit and that's not a knock on Coach Philbin at all. You coach your players to their strengths. You adjust plays (for example: go from 7 to 5 or 3 step drops if necessary). You draw up plays in the dirt. In my own humble opinion, we have no excuses anyway for the last 14 years' performance. When I watch the games, more often than not I ask myself 'why the **** did we just do that?' too often to think that we lost for something beyond our control.

With that being said, if Tanny missed Wallace on a wide open bomb, is that an excuse? Nope. It's true and we see it. If we can't run through clean holes, is that an excuse? Nope. It is what it is. If our defense is inexplicably on the field for 10 minutes of the third quarter and runs out of gas in the fourth quarter, is that an excuse? Nah. Just a fact.

To me, an excuse is a manufactured reason to state why you lost, not a legitimate explanation for said loss. And more often than not, preparation and execution are the only reasons that teams lose on Sunday. If y'all are making excuses, you need to stop it. But if we get beat and a linchpin of the offense or defense goes down, recognize that as a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR in your summation of the game. But in the three hours that it takes to play, the only 'excuse' for losing is because you weren't good enough to score enough points to win.

You can say all this crap you want but it doesn't change the fact that we're still a very flawed roster, probably have a lousy coach, and with the cap there's not much we can do about the former and Ross is too much of a 'beta' to do anything about the latter.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Rhetoric doesn't block or tackle people.

Que sera, sera.

You can say all this crap you want but it doesn't change the fact that we're still a very flawed roster, probably have a lousy coach, and with the cap there's not much we can do about the former and Ross is too much of a 'beta' to do anything about the latter.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Que sera, sera.
we're so glad you could come out of the Debbie downer diner to spread your gospel.

I have faith in Lazor and I think Tanny can be a great trigger man. I also have a lot of faith in Lamar Miller as an explosive, increasingly intuitive running back. But you always break at your weakest point and if we're not blocking people than everything falls apart and if your inexperienced LBs are running around like headless chickens then your opponents backs and TE's are running free and your improved D-line still can't get to the QB fast enough.

My point is that I don't see 2015 as the 'be all, end all' team that we're constructing. I think we need another year to really be a true Superbowl contender. The best I see this roster being is a 9-7 playoff squeaker that could maybe make some noise if we're hot towards the end of the year.

Que sera, sera.
Every team has a flawed roster. In the words of Donald Rumsfeld, 'You go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you might want or wish you had at a later time.' Great teams overcome their limitations. Great coaches know how to do that. Philbin has been mediocre for three years. Let's hope that he's learned from his mistakes but Ross put a lot of his own loot into renovating Sun Life and if he wants that to be a good decision, he's going to need to keep the fans happy. And beta or not, that means moving on from the coach if the team does not show itself to be a contender.

I have been tired of the excuses for years. Ross has owned the team for 6 years and has continued to extend people that don't deserve it. There was no excuses last year or many or years that were acceptable.

I have been tired of the excuses for years. Ross has owned the team for 6 years and has continued to extend people that don't deserve it. There was no excuses last year or many or years that were acceptable.
I agree, I felt the excuses should've ended last season but they didn't. This season barring major injuries, I don't see how we can make any. not every position on the roster can be filled with pro bowlers, but O line aside, I feel like the plan in place makes sense. we miss the playoffs this season or don't perform, it's time to really move on from much of the cast.

I agree, I felt the excuses should've ended last season but they didn't. This season barring major injuries, I don't see how we can make any. not every position on the roster can be filled with pro bowlers, but O line aside, I feel like the plan in place makes sense. we miss the playoffs this season or don't perform, it's time to really move on from much of the cast.

I feel Cb and linebacker are weak also but the patriots won a damn superbowl without having an allpro everywhere . We have had 6 straight non winning seasons and there is no excuse at all for rewarding these type of results

I feel Cb and linebacker are weak also but the patriots won a damn superbowl without having an allpro everywhere . We have had 6 straight non winning seasons and there is no excuse at all for rewarding these type of results

If Jamar Taylor and Chris McCain fill out and reach their potential, those two positions will not be even close to weak. I think those two guys are the keys for this defense to rise from good to potentially great. They just have to have their production match their talent.

And make no mistake. Those two have talent in spades.

Nice try. There's not a coach in the league that is in same ballpark which rivals the knowledge of scheme and strategy of Belichick. Stop whining and move on.

Back
Top Bottom