armando on pft:predicts it will be brian billick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

armando on pft:predicts it will be brian billick

DaBol is the offensive coordinator, Nolan the defensive coordinator.
Billick would be the head coach. He is not responsible for developing the QB, DaBol and the QB coach are.
I am fine with Billick, he is my #4, but I would prefer Cowher, Gruden, and Fisher, in that order.

Daboll won't be retained. I believe Billick runs a west coast offense.

wow we really are going after the retreads huh? Ross seems to be the final nail in a coffin that the dolphins climbed into ever since Mr. Robbie passed on. very sad. plus another old man in peterson. this team wont be relevant again for decades - until they finally build up new from the ground up. we keep grasping at old *** straws hoping someone can play god.

What does that mean? Are you proposing that we hire another inexperienced head coach?
We have already been down that road several times.
I think it is time for a proven winner as a head coach. I will take the old ball coach over the flavor of the week coordinator.

I think Dabol has done pretty good IMHO with the talent we have this year. I think he (Billick) would see who would be available as an upgrade and also get Nolan's input and opinion.
I am not against an upgrade, dlockz, who would be a likely Billick coordinator candidate?

Jim Fassel

Daboll won't be retained. I believe Billick runs a west coast offense.

Can you give me a couple of names of offensive coaches that he is comfortable with?

You say with certainty that he will not be retained, yet you "believe" that he runs the WC offense.

I don't buy into that.

I think Dabol has done pretty good IMHO with the talent we have this year. I think he (Billick) would see who would be available as an upgrade and also get Nolan's input and opinion.
I am not against an upgrade, dlockz, who would be a likely Billick coordinator candidate?

good question i would like Todd haley but I have to research who was his offensive coordinato

I dont want Billick. If you hire someone to be a HC, they should at minimum be successful at what got them hired (see previously Tony Sparano). Billick is overrated and was lucky to have Randy Moss and the best D I have ever seen.

Fisher.....6 winning seasons out of 17. I cant believe he is being considered.

No retreads! take a punt and go for greatness. Chudzinski or Chip Kelly!

I dont want Billick. If you hire someone to be a HC, they should at minimum be successful at what got them hired (see previously Tony Sparano). Billick is overrated and was lucky to have Randy Moss and the best D I have ever seen.

Fisher.....6 winning seasons out of 17. I cant believe he is being considered.

No retreads! take a punt and go for greatness. Chudzinski or Chip Kelly!

well billick was successful whether we like it or not. what the hell has chudinski ever done

well billick was successful whether we like it or not. what the hell has chudinski ever done

Very successful at the U, Chargers, one year with Browns and currently Carolina. Fair comment he had one very bad year with Browns, but Billick as HC with Ravens had more than one 'down' year calling offense.

People forget, Sean Payton had the role of calling plays for Giants overtaken by Jim Fassell, which consequently improved. He would most likely have been fired if not hired by the Cowboys. In my mind Payton probably learned from this experience and by the looks of it 'Chud' has too.

He is coaching a QB, who many thought would not translate to NFL, into the runaway rookie of the year.

What does that mean? Are you proposing that we hire another inexperienced head coach?
We have already been down that road several times.
I think it is time for a proven winner as a head coach. I will take the old ball coach over the flavor of the week coordinator.

i guess you'd rather keep "playing it safe" we have been on the experienced hc before too. . . jimmy johnson? Parcells with full control over personel??

History says those "guru" football "gods" dont bring teams back to relevance. Funny how so many "realistic" "logical" "realist" dolphins fans are so amazed and star struck by names.

last i checked we had our eye on Harbaugh - a college coach who was an up and comer and doubted b/c Luck was his qb - now look at the niners. Look at the best teams in the league. . . which of them has a retread old fogey? not many.

Very successful at the U, Chargers, one year with Browns and currently Carolina. Fair comment he had one very bad year with Browns, but Billick as HC with Ravens had more than one 'down' year calling offense.

People forget, Sean Payton had the role of calling plays for Giants overtaken by Jim Fassell, which consequently improved. He would most likely have been fired if not hired by the Cowboys. In my mind Payton probably learned from this experience and by the looks of it 'Chud' has too.

He is coaching a QB, who many thought would not translate to NFL, into the runaway rookie of the year.

well actually he is the oc the qb coach is Mike shula. he has three years as oc in the nfl two pretty successful and one horrible. As TE coach for one year in san diego not sure I can give him credit for their success.
billick was head coach he was not oc for balt as an oc he was far more successful than chud has ever dreamed of when he was at minny

well actually he is the oc the qb coach is Mike shula. he has three years as oc in the nfl two pretty successful and one horrible. As TE coach for one year in san diego not sure I can give him credit for their success.
billick was head coach he was not oc for balt as an oc he was far more successful than chud has ever dreamed of when he was at minny

I did not say he was OC in Baltimore, I said he was calling the plays, of which he was ****e!

i guess you'd rather keep "playing it safe" we have been on the experienced hc before too. . . jimmy johnson? Parcells with full control over personel??

History says those "guru" football "gods" dont bring teams back to relevance. Funny how so many "realistic" "logical" "realist" dolphins fans are so amazed and star struck by names.

last i checked we had our eye on Harbaugh - a college coach who was an up and comer and doubted b/c Luck was his qb - now look at the niners. Look at the best teams in the league. . . which of them has a retread old fogey? not many.

Jimmy Johnson should have never been hired to replace Shula, Huge mistake, but he did take us to the playoffs.
Bill Parcells never coached the Dolphins. Am I wrong about that? He did over haul the talent, but the team is still lacking at QB and oline.

Well Marv Levy brought the Bills to relevance after spending years with KC. Dick Vermiel won a super bowl with The Rams after leaving the Eagles. And lest I forget, Don Shula won a couple super bowls after leaving the Baltimore Colts. Should I go on...you better take your history class again.

Harbaugh was a diamond from a football family. It would be a safe gamble. Ross got good advice and pursued him but he is a west coast guy. We never had any shot of hiring him.

No thanks. Bring young Chud on as the offensive coordinator and hire one of the big 4 OLD NFL head coaches.

no it has to be a big name coach to bring people back to the games end of story so stop it with the no name coaches already it will be a splash hire for sure no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom