Armando Said We Might Be Going After Donald Penn in Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Said We Might Be Going After Donald Penn in Trade

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Looked him up on PFF, and found this in their rankings of Oline Units:

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +6.6

Stud: It’s gone unnoticed largely, but Donald Penn (+9.1) is playing rather well. He’s mauling people in the run game like few tackles can.

Dud: He never looked great before the injury, but Davin Joseph (-9.2) looks worse now.

Summary: You expect more given how much the team has invested in the line. As it is, their star players (the tackles) are both undrafted free agents, though the team will be better for getting Carl Nicks up to speed.

If we can plug him into Clabo's spot, that might work. Hope it's true...

Looked him up on PFF, and found this in their rankings of Oline Units:

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +6.6

Stud: It’s gone unnoticed largely, but Donald Penn (+9.1) is playing rather well. He’s mauling people in the run game like few tackles can.

Dud: He never looked great before the injury, but Davin Joseph (-9.2) looks worse now.

Summary: You expect more given how much the team has invested in the line. As it is, their star players (the tackles) are both undrafted free agents, though the team will be better for getting Carl Nicks up to speed.

If we can plug him into Clabo's spot, that might work. Hope it's true...

Nice......as long as it's a cheap trade (as in 4th or 5th round pick) do it ASAP, since the current Phinz OL is playing like pure hot stinky garbage. We need all the help we can get on the OL this year. Penn is a legit LT rated as the 10th best tackle (based off PFF with an 11.1 rating......that's DAMN awesome)...........get this trade done Jeff ASAP :-)

Armando has been trying to force the issue with Penn and it's not happening. Keep in mind that Tampa Bay runs a power scheme and we're zone blocking. I don't see Penn as a fit in our offense. We have enough square pegs trying to be fit in a round hole on the O-line.

The problem here is the scheme, or the way it is being coached. A good coach puts his players in a good position to in their individual battles, and not asking them to play the game they are not cut out for.
The zone blocking players on this oline are supposed to be Martin..who has been a disappointmemt...and maybe Pouncey...who could play any scheme. The rest of our oline are road graters or washed up veterans.
We just do not have the right combination of players if you ask me to zone block. A major miscalculation imho.
The staff must do what we can to win this year...trades or whatever...to win now. Worry about next year ...next april. We still have 11 games left, plus the playoffs.
Make the trade.

Armando got the trade idea about a week ago from a Twitter follower. So he has no concrete evidence. BTW the Twitter person he got that from was me, I got proof lol

The problem here is the scheme, or the way it is being coached. A good coach puts his players in a good position to in their individual battles, and not asking them to play the game they are not cut out for.
The zone blocking players on this oline are supposed to be Martin..who has been a disappointmemt...and maybe Pouncey...who could play any scheme. The rest of our oline are road graters or washed up veterans.
We just do not have the right combination of players if you ask me to zone block. A major miscalculation imho.
The staff must do what we can to win this year...trades or whatever...to win now. Worry about next year ...next april. We still have 11 games left, plus the playoffs.
Make the trade.

Good point, but I still think even though Penn doesn't necessarily fit our zone blocking scheme, he is a mauler and a definite upgrade over Clabo - who has clearly lost a step and looks overmatched every Sunday.

I'm not opposed to tweaking our scheme a bit to accommodate our Maulers.

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Armando got the trade idea about a week ago from a Twitter follower. So he has no concrete evidence. BTW the Twitter person he got that from was me, I got proof lol

Where did you get the idea from? Good research on your part if true.

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Was looking up pff ratings seeing teams that could sale players and noticed him. I also red that he was defending Freeman and could possibly be a black eye for the Bucs. But thanks, I'm just saying Armando hasn't done any research I was just hoping he could pass the word along to IRELAND, maybe it did

Barbre and Oher have been mentioned on other sites. Barbre played for Philbin at Green Bay.

When we picked up Tyson Clabo, PFF said he was a stud. So I don't know how much we can trust PFF ratings.

Back
Top Bottom