Armando Said We Might Be Going After Donald Penn in Trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Said We Might Be Going After Donald Penn in Trade

Armando got the trade idea about a week ago from a Twitter follower. So he has no concrete evidence. BTW the Twitter person he got that from was me, I got proof lol

Well you must be very well informed if the designated Dolphins chief inside reporter follows your tweets. Armando's batting average has dipped this year, but he is always first with the rumors.

No linemen we have fits the ZBS except for Pouncey.

Penn will not happen.

Carl Nicks is about to have the MRSA in his toe operated on. Going to miss multiple weeks. No way they lose Nicks and Penn in one go.

Penn will not happen.

Carl Nicks is about to have the MRSA in his toe operated on. Going to miss multiple weeks. No way they lose Nicks and Penn in one go.

why because at 0-5 they are worried about missing the playoffs? they need to let go of some contracts and start over on offense

Does he have MRSA? He has been exposed to it do we really want to even risk it?

I think Penn has been relatively good throughout his career. He might be a significant upgrade over Clabo.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Great point actually!
Does he have MRSA? He has been exposed to it do we really want to even risk it?

I don't see it happening I don't think the Bucs headshed allows any desperation moves HC and GM are one foot in fire

No linemen we have fits the ZBS except for Pouncey.

Then why would Philbin and Sherman continue to use it? If the o-line is mostly "maulers and road graders" (except for the weakling Martin), then that's how the coaching staff should use them! A wall of "human bulldozers" should keep Tannehill upright, and plow open holes for the running game.

Looked him up on PFF, and found this in their rankings of Oline Units:

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +6.6

Stud: It’s gone unnoticed largely, but Donald Penn (+9.1) is playing rather well. He’s mauling people in the run game like few tackles can.

Dud: He never looked great before the injury, but Davin Joseph (-9.2) looks worse now.

Summary: You expect more given how much the team has invested in the line. As it is, their star players (the tackles) are both undrafted free agents, though the team will be better for getting Carl Nicks up to speed.

If we can plug him into Clabo's spot, that might work. Hope it's true...

Link?

The problem here is the scheme, or the way it is being coached. A good coach puts his players in a good position to in their individual battles, and not asking them to play the game they are not cut out for.
The zone blocking players on this oline are supposed to be Martin..who has been a disappointmemt...and maybe Pouncey...who could play any scheme. The rest of our oline are road graters or washed up veterans.
We just do not have the right combination of players if you ask me to zone block. A major miscalculation imho.
The staff must do what we can to win this year...trades or whatever...to win now. Worry about next year ...next april. We still have 11 games left, plus the playoffs.
Make the trade.

Im not worried about the playoffs, im worried about keeping tannehill healthy for the next 11 games...he keeps getting hit the way he has been we will be drafting another qb real soon...You make the trade to keep him healthy, going to the playoffs is just gravy this year as no one is beating denver...

Penn is 30 , with a god contract. This year @ $5M, next year @ $6.4M, and 2015 @ $6.5M. He is ranked overall as the #7 LT, #3 on the run, and #15 n the pass. So far he has given up 2 sacks, 1 hit, and 7 hurries.

As to the ZBS, I'm not sure what to think. The guy playing best this year telephone booth blocker Cog, who is the worst fit, and we do go after Long, another bad fit. Go figure. I understand that a LT is less important athletically than the other four but, I defer to others who know more on this than me.

I don't see TB interested as I expect a coaching change and a new QB. I think they will wait on a new coach to decide but, it is possible, depending on the price. I'm guessing it would be a 3rd rounder due to his favorable contract.

penns played in a zbs before...but whoever said the left tackle is ok being the least athletic olineman lied...thats complete hog wash...

In defense to Martin . I think he will only get better, it´s his first full year at LT. lets see at seasons end the result. to my point of view the right side is more problematic.

penns played in a zbs before...but whoever said the left tackle is ok being the least athletic olineman lied...thats complete hog wash...

This came p when Philbin and Ireland were trying to keep Long. My thinking was that roll outs, moving pockets, pulling LG, etc were mostly to the right side, and the LT was not as involved as much.

As I said, I am no expert n zbs. Could you expand, and tell me where I'm wrong. Learning is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom