Armando Salguero - Adding talent in the offseason won’t matter if the Dolphins don’t address this... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero - Adding talent in the offseason won’t matter if the Dolphins don’t address this...

Oh sure. Like the guys who got cut last year early in the year. Or when Ajayi was benched for the opener and left home. Or when Rey ****s off at the club and gets cut immediately after.

Not even close to being correct with your take.

Great examples!! I think it's pretty ballsy of Gase to get rid of a Pro Bowl RB midway through the year. Looks like the right move to me. Wasn't everyone bitching about Gase calling out his players for not studying? Now he's too much of a bitch even though it seemed to be the truth...My god it would suck to be a Head Coach in the NFL lol Can't win either way. If our team looks like the Jay Cutler led team next year, then I will say Gase has got to go. As of now, we gotta give the guy a break. Let him at least have his starting QB for another season. We just might go 10-6 and make the playoffs again lol

this is pretty much what i expected of these jerkoffs...

That should have been a sobering moment. The blowout loss should have been a signal something was wrong that needed immediate attention. And yet I walked into that postgame locker room and there were guys laughing and joking and seemingly moving on as if what had just happened was no biggie.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article192469594.html#storylink=cpy

this snippet right here is just what most of us thought of these losers anyway. You can see they dont give a **** on the field so its no surprise theyre laughing it up after a blowout loss. Theres only a few guys who i think legit care about winning on this team and its not a long list. The majority of these guys are getting paid ridiculous salaries to half ass it and live it up at the clubs and hit the beaches.

Adam Gase, while i think still deserves one more year to right the ship considering the circumstances, is definitely to blame for this to some degree. I agree player aquisition and scouting is also a key thing wrong with this team....

But Gase accepts this behavior. Think about how Gase looks in this situation. A guy like Mike Hull works his ass off and who im sure is on time or early to meetings and practice is replaced by a fat out of shape guy who is out partying all night showing up late all the time to stuff. Gase is practically rewarding this behavior. Another example, if Ajayi was such a whiny baby, why did it take till week 8 to do something about it? Why not make him inactive and play williams or drake or perry or whoever is doing their job professionally? I get theres only so much you can do but like with the example of mike hull i said above, youre basically saying this type of behavior is fine.

Cutler has been known to not give a ****..Gase brings in Cutler(why wouldnt he take 10 million?) and automatically makes him starter over Matt Moore...

Terrific column. Should have been penned immediately after that Ravens loss, not two months later.

I don't know how many times I've posted a similar theme, that the Dolphins era I grew up with featured players who were absolutely devastated after a loss. Henry Barrow's job every week was to interview players in the locker room for WIOD. During the early '70s that locker room would be so silent after a rare defeat that Barrow would literally be whispering while walking around the locker room, trying to find anyone who would summon the energy to speak to him. The whispering felt correct to Barrow because everything in the locker room was silent. The interviews themselves would barely be above whisper level.

Barrow occasionally filled in as replacement host during a WIOD sports talk show. When asked on-air about those whispered interviews he would explain it was always in respect to a player sitting on a bench feet away, with his head down and totally stunned. Sometimes Barrow had trouble finding anyone who would talk to him so he'd throw it back to Rick Weaver in the booth to fill the remaining time.

Likewise with the Canes glory era in the '80s. I wish my YouTube channel hadn't been zapped a few years ago. I had some videos up there with Jerome Brown and Michael Irvin and Melvin Bratton speaking to Channel 7 after a defeat. Almost not recognizable. You would never know Irvin was a brash guy based on those clips.

Nowadays I'm never convinced our personnel department actually interviews these guys. Not in person, anyway. How can you look at someone like Dion Jordan for more than 5 seconds face to face and conclude he is a self-motivated type, someone you want to invest heavily in? I could provide one example after another.

It's a remarkable combination because we ignore the analytics more often than not, yet also seemingly ignore the personality traits. Even when we happen to find a guy with intensity like Landry it comes with baggage and more of an individual attitude than team attitude. Reshad Jones a couple of years ago was doing a hula dance on the field late in a miserable season, touting himself toward the Pro Bowl.

It's one of the main reasons I have not attended a game in four years. I don't like the uniforms or logo and I'm not convinced the players fully care about the bottom line, other than their salary.

Cutler has been known to not give a ****..Gase brings in Cutler(why wouldnt he take 10 million?) and automatically makes him starter over Matt Moore...

What makes you say Cutler doesn't give a ****? Because people make internet memes about it? Because he's not emotive on the sidelines?

Guy played with two cracked ribs when he easily could have sat out and collected his check.

Wow I'm definitely no Armondo fan but that article was spot freaking on. Probably the best article I've ever read from him. Kudos for having the balls to call out the team culture and professionalism which ate both plainly and painfully obvious.

It all points back to Gase as multiple posts state. Why are we waiting to oust this guy who is in way over his head? As a leader you either have the X factor or you don't. He's not going to walk in tomorrow and be Mike Tomlin. Shula had it at his age and players followed. Those that didn't were ousted.

Start the purge NOW

I said it before and I'll say it again. Miami is emulating the wrong team (Cincinnati) instead of the team they should (new England). What would Belichick do? He doesn't tolerate poor performance or effort.

I like Gase but he appears to have issues in controlling his players IE dumb penalties, Ajayi situation, and your O-line coach making video of him using cocaine. These are serious concerns. I'm starting to worry that Gase may be just a very good offensive coordinator and not head coach material. He might be too young and too Green/inexperienced to be a NFL head coach right now.

What makes you say Cutler doesn't give a ****? Because people make internet memes about it? Because he's not emotive on the sidelines?

Guy played with two cracked ribs when he easily could have sat out and collected his check.

if jay truly cared about being great and winning he wouldve worked on his footwork over the last 12 years, am i right? a 12 year veteran throwing off his back foot week after week into triple coverage...

i wasnt trying to make it about cutler, but gase hasnt helped this situation at all with some personnel decisions is pretty much what im saying.

if jay truly cared about being great and winning he wouldve worked on his footwork over the last 12 years, am i right? a 12 year veteran throwing off his back foot week after week into triple coverage...

i wasnt trying to make it about cutler, but gase hasnt helped this situation at all with some personnel decisions is pretty much what im saying.

You can't really expect a guy to just completely change the way he throws the football in the span of a few weeks. Believe me, I'm disappointed too, but I don't think Jay Cutler robbed the Dolphins or was just here for the check. I'm sure he legitimately wanted to win and change some of the narrative about his career that has no doubt bothered him.

Yeah, he played poorly, but I don't agree with the statement that Cutler phoned it in for the cash and was content to just take the paycheck. To me, a guy just in it for the paycheck doesn't come right back on busted ribs.

100% disagree wit this post. Gase absolutely demands respect. He is no philbin. You either do your job or you gtfo. Problem is that someone has to play so he can’t get rid of everyone at once. This is the only reason I like Gase

I agree, I don't know what that guy is talking about.

This is really only Gase's first roster -- there is only so much you can do with what you inherit in year 1. I feel like on paper this team was much deeper and just had higher quality players over last year. Just got to continue to bring in guys who fit your style and he has the power for now. There will be so many new faces next year. I'm sick of all the losers on this team, its time to cut em loose

Since Shula left, the coaching staff has been plagued with either Authoritarians who want to play a system regardless of whether it fits talent (JJ, Cameron, Philbin) and player-coaches who have no leadership ability (Wanny, Sparano, Gase). The one that stands out as different was Saban, but where he excelled as a coach he lacked as a personnel guy...so he never should have had the power to influence personnel. Regardless, his heart was never in it with Miami.

We need a coach like Saban without the personnel power...and, of course, one that REALLY wants to be here. Saban built a veteran coaching staff rather than offering jobs to a bunch of buddies. I believe if one of 2 things would have happened, we would have had a better foundation:

1. Saban would have stayed. At some point maybe he would have deferred personnel decisions.
2. Parcells would have stayed. Sparano was really Parcells' puppet that 11-5 season. We could have done well with Parcells...but Ross screwed that up.

Interestingly enough, it was Wayne Huizenga who attempted both items above. Since he sold the team, we've just gone down the drain.

Sounds like the kind of pseudo problem winning solves.

Hard to win with Cutler at the helm, and hard to sustain a talented roster with Tannenbaum at the helm.

I don’t think Gase is completely absolved here, but I appreciate the circumstances he’s faced.

When I read this article it makes me think that Philbin losing the team was as much about the idiots on the roster as it was Philbin itself. Now Gase has inherited the same group of morons and it only took a second season for them to show their true colors.

You cut Pouncey, you let Jarvis walk, you redo the LB group and you go a long way to upping the IQ of this team.

This is a big offseason for Gase reclaiming this team. It was impossible to make a major statement (the Ajayi move aside) during the regular season. At this point the system is more important than “talent”, so the directive should be churn the roster and rebuild it as best as possible.

I have little faith Gase and Tannenbaum will take a blowtorch to the low IQ members of the roster as they should (especially with agents in Tannenbaums pocket), but man it would be great if they had some balls to do so. The older you get the more frustrating this team is to watch.

When I read this article it makes me think that Philbin losing the team was as much about the idiots on the roster as it was Philbin itself. Now Gase has inherited the same group of morons and it only took a second season for them to show their true colors.

You cut Pouncey, you let Jarvis walk, you redo the LB group and you go a long way to upping the IQ of this team.

This is a big offseason for Gase reclaiming this team. It was impossible to make a major statement (the Ajayi move aside) during the regular season. At this point the system is more important than “talent”, so the directive should be churn the roster and rebuild it as best as possible.

I have little faith Gase and Tannenbaum will take a blowtorch to the low IQ members of the roster as they should (especially with agents in Tannenbaums pocket), but man it would be great if they had some balls to do so. The older you get the more frustrating this team is to watch.
The constant on both staffs was depending on Wake and Tannehill. Philbin wanted carr. Wasnt afraid to move on. Im not sure how and why Rt has a stranglehold on this team

Back
Top Bottom