Armando salguero article..Examples of poor coaching by the Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando salguero article..Examples of poor coaching by the Miami Dolphins

I actually think this is a great article. Knowing finheaven they probably favor the undrafted free agent but Anthony has much better physical tools than Chase Allen. May as well roll him out there and see what we have in a former 1st round pick. The combination of Timmons, Kiko and Anthony is probably the most athletic from a defense that lacks athleticism. I don't think Burke has any clue what he's doing except for when it comes to growing a beard. We always bust coverages and CK pointed out on Twitter that we never go into dime. In fact he claims we did for the first time all season Sunday vs NE. Mando is correct NE's incredible talent wasn't beating us. Are they better, you bet, but our stupidity was the bigger issue. Unless lack of talent is getting you beat it's on the coaches. Coaches have to put there players in the right spots and if they lose their battles you need better players. When the players don't show up for their battles it's on coaching.

I can catch a 30+ yard pass if I'm running freely across the field because Tank passed me off to nobody. I could get to Matt Moore if nobody blocks me as well. Those plays are not about NE's great talent.

Last edited:
Players don't believe in the scheme

Players are asked to play outside of their skill set.

Prime example Chase Allen getting beat for a touchdown on a short pass. Who here thinks Chase Allen can cover any of the Patriots RBs? Poor scheme and wrong player. It was and obvious mismatch.

I would have overpaid Sims and brought in two scrubs before JT and Fasano. Both past their prime. Neither are serviceble.

One of the issues with this team is youth at the coaching positions! Look at the difference with Wade Phillips! The Rams had a pretty good D last year but are lot better and the Broncos who had an awesome D now suck! The latest and greatest thing isn't always the latest and greatest thing. I wish we would have signed Phillips as the DC....hell I would even take Rex Ryan as a DC. We are too young at major coaching positions! I still can't believe Joseph got a HC position, it's like these GMs and owners are trying to be too cute and out smart everyone with these picks as HC's and coordinators!

Do the coaches even watch video of all the mistakes that are being made? Seems like they don't when the same things occur EVERY week.

This was interesting insight from Armando in the article....
"When young Cordrea Tankersley comes to the sideline, tell him he made a significant mistake and help him to understand, like right now, that the call you made requires him to pick up man assignment. Show him the play on your tablet. Look for the understanding nod that he gets it.

Simple, right?

Apparently not.

Because in the second quarter we have the same exact thing happen. Again!"

So it's every game, same mistakes being made...are the coaches addressing it during the game or are the players just.... I hate to say it......Dumb
They played in college so why is this all new to them...it must be coaching / play calling

This is what pisses me off more than just the losing. It’s not because the other team is better it’s because Miami can’t execute simple plays. The basics. New England did not play well. Oakland when they beat Miami did not play well. And Miami keeps doing the same bad mistakes over and over and over again. The 07 team was a tough season but they didn’t beat themselves it’s just the opposition was just flat out more talented. Hell that team probably had double amount of time actually leading games than this team currently has. I just wanna see a fundamentally sound dolphins team and I haven’t seen it in decades.

Those three plays were among the most embarrassing of a long day of embarrassing plays. Add Landry's block in the back 8 yards down field that turned a 2nd and 2 into a 1st and 13. Add Parker and Moore not being on the same page at the end of the first half.

As I yelled at my TV all game long - "We have the stupidest players in the league"

This is what pisses me off more than just the losing. It’s not because the other team is better it’s because Miami can’t execute simple plays. The basics. New England did not play well. Oakland when they beat Miami did not play well. And Miami keeps doing the same bad mistakes over and over and over again. The 07 team was a tough season but they didn’t beat themselves it’s just the opposition was just flat out more talented. Hell that team probably had double amount of time actually leading games than this team currently has. I just wanna see a fundamentally sound dolphins team and I haven’t seen it in decades.

It's a nice point on the 2007 team. As injuries piled up that was a team that truly lacked talent and you saw it show up but they weren't as flat out dumb as this group which is saying a lot.

Hard to argue with Mando on that article. They keep on making the same mistakes over and over and then when they fix something, another thing comes up. It just never ends

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom