Armando salguero article..Examples of poor coaching by the Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando salguero article..Examples of poor coaching by the Miami Dolphins

Last year these same players have suddenly regressed? Not likely. Its one thing to draft a dumb player but a whole other conversation to talk about players regressing in a system in their second year. Thats called lack of motivation and poor coaching.

If an entire team is screwing up all the time, including an all pro like Reshad Jones or Wake or Pouncey...you honestly think it's the players that can't learn? If an entire class of students fail the math test, that's on the teacher; not the students for not studying. Coaches have to teach in practice, otherwise wtf are they doing?

Ive been saying this since the Baltimore game. Its the scheme and the coaches, not the players.

These guys didnt all just FORGET how to play football. Gase and his staff have been asking them to do things that they cant do, using overly complex and confusing schemes on both sides of the ball. You can see it on the film, guys are friggin confused, they dont know their assignments.

Sure this happens to other teams as well, but its not nearly as prolific as we have here.

We dont need an all new Oline. We dont need an all new secondary.

Yes, we need to plug holes, and we have quite a few, but its not as bad as everyone thinks.

Our biggest fix is coaching. Get a proven oline coach. Get a proven DC. These guys dont cost draft picks and they dont count against the salary cap.

Gase needs to stop overthinking things and get back to football basics.

If an entire team is screwing up all the time, including an all pro like Reshad Jones or Wake or Pouncey...you honestly think it's the players that can't learn? If an entire class of students fail the math test, that's on the teacher; not the students for not studying. Coaches have to teach in practice, otherwise wtf are they doing?
If everyone was screwing up that would be true...that's not the case. It's a few guys who screw up every time. Pouncey repeatedly screws up...Tunsil repeatedly screws up. Tank repeatedly thinks he's in zone when the team is in man or he thinks they're in man when the team is in zone. And there seems to be some freelancing going on in the front 7.

You can tell a student 2 + 2 = 4 but if he keeps writing 5 what are you supposed to do? The entire United States of America knows you're supposed to stop at a red light yet there are still some buttholes that take the red light because they feel they're special.

A refusal to carry out assignments and learn from mistakes is as much on the players as it is the coaches. I would have benched them myself...granted there's nothing behind them but whatever the coaches have tried so far hasn't worked so bench them, make them inactive, do whatever needs to be done.

Ive been saying this since the Baltimore game. Its the scheme and the coaches, not the players.

These guys didnt all just FORGET how to play football. Gase and his staff have been asking them to do things that they cant do, using overly complex and confusing schemes on both sides of the ball. You can see it on the film, guys are friggin confused, they dont know their assignments.

Sure this happens to other teams as well, but its not nearly as prolific as we have here.

We dont need an all new Oline. We dont need an all new secondary.

Yes, we need to plug holes, and we have quite a few, but its not as bad as everyone thinks.

Our biggest fix is coaching. Get a proven oline coach. Get a proven DC. These guys dont cost draft picks and they dont count against the salary cap.

Gase needs to stop overthinking things and get back to football basics.
Well I don't know about the defensive side of the ball but these supposedly overly complex schemes on offense worked in Denver and they worked in Chicago. Gase ran up tempo in both spots and hasn't been able to do it here. Explain that.

Well I don't know about the defensive side of the ball but these supposedly overly complex schemes on offense worked in Denver and they worked in Chicago. Gase ran up tempo in both spots and hasn't been able to do it here. Explain that.

My question would be, were they really the same?

I'm not so sure Gase had free reign over those offenses. Miami's current shitstorm is definitely Gase's brainchild though.

Gase is yet to put together a solid game plan yet this year. Sure we will still talk about him but he has no shot coaching this team after next year. Thank God only 21 more games of this crappy play book and lack of leadership

You apparently don't understand. Gase has said a number of times all his players have to do is 'do their jobs' and everything will work out. Understand now? Pick any 5 posters here at random, teach them their job and INSTANTLY Gase has a top O. Easy Peasy. Don't worry about talent, athleticism, speed, or football IQ. Just 11 guys who do their job without mistake. FAILING is OK. Mistakes are b-a-a-a-d, ummmm, unless it's pre-snap.

My question would be, were they really the same?

I'm not so sure Gase had free reign over those offenses. Miami's current ****storm is definitely Gase's brainchild though.
So you're saying John Fox was the OC and Gase was the figurehead in Denver and Chicago...is that what I'm understanding? John Fox...the former DC, the guy that is known more for defense...he was calling the offense?

So you're saying John Fox was the OC and Gase was the figurehead in Denver and Chicago...is that what I'm understanding? John Fox...the former DC, the guy that is known more for defense...he was calling the offense?

No. I'm saying Gase had inherited the offense from ...whoever... He couldnt implement ALL of his schemes without getting APPROVAL from Fox.

OR...for whatever reason, those schemes were not in his repertoire at the time.

BTW, how awesome was chicago's offense under gase?

Dude was there for 1 year. How much do you think he could install in one offseason?

No. I'm saying Gase had inherited the offense from ...whoever... He couldnt implement ALL of his schemes without getting APPROVAL from Fox.

OR...for whatever reason, those schemes were not in his repertoire at the time.

BTW, how awesome was chicago's offense under gase?
Wow, OK I guess we can all make crazy assumptions to further our agendas.

As for Chicago's offense...it was a heck of a lot better than what we've seen from the Dolphins this year.

Wow, OK I guess we can all make crazy assumptions to further our agendas.

As for Chicago's offense...it was a heck of a lot better than what we've seen from the Dolphins this year.

What agenda?

I'm sorry I upset you, I didnt realize you'd take this so personally.

Do you know what kind of blocking scheme the bears used that year? Was it ZBS? (I dont think so, but it could have been)

I'm just saying that his schemes arent as intuitive as he seems to think they are. He either needs to find a better way to teach it, or find guys that can do that for him.

We certainly dont have the stupidest football players in the league. Sorry, I'm not buying that.

Yeah I do. Do you think the coaches haven't told them anything all year? You think after seeing the same mistakes week to week that not one of the assistant coaches instructed the players on what they should do in that situation? I find that incredibly hard to believe.
Considering there was at least one coach coming into meetings coked up and nobody noticed, I would say that is not that hard to believe.

If everyone was screwing up that would be true...that's not the case. It's a few guys who screw up every time. Pouncey repeatedly screws up...Tunsil repeatedly screws up. Tank repeatedly thinks he's in zone when the team is in man or he thinks they're in man when the team is in zone. And there seems to be some freelancing going on in the front 7.
Well, everybody does screw up. Not just the handful you mentioned. BUT if it were true that only those guys screw up, then doesn't it once again fall on Gase for not identifying that and playing others in their place?
There's no two ways around it; guys not knowing or being in the wrong place consistently is a product of poor coaching. Why did New England have a terrible defense then suddenly get it together? Were the players dumb for 4 weeks then all of the sudden smart?

Also, fwiw, Gase didn't run squat in Denver. Peyton Manning did. The offenses Gase oversaw were a sinking ship during the Tebow days, and an average at best offense in Chicago. In order for them to run a hurry up as mentioned before isn't necessarily Gase, either. The position coaches all teach the offense. Gase could've just schemed it up. Which seems to be the case given that Miami has been blowing assignments in every game but probably one (Pittsburgh last year).

Back
Top Bottom