Armando Salguero: Crowder needs to worry, I agree | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Crowder needs to worry, I agree

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't see how Channing Crowder plays against Buffalo. He hasn't practiced in nearly a month. He isn't running or cutting. He cannot possibly be in football shape now because he hasn't hit anyone for a long time.
Sparano kept hinting he was not worried about Crowder's availability for the Buffalo game as late as last week. He obviously has information we do not and he's not sharing it right now. So maybe the miraculous happens.
(The Dolphins, by the way, fine players if they speak to the media about their injuries -- something the players will eventually figure out gives the team an advantage over opponents, but also gives the team an advantage over them, too.)
Anyway, my naked eyes tell me not to expect Crowder playing the Bills. Tim Dobbins would be the starter there, if the depth chart can be believed. How's the "throw-in" in the draft-day trade with San Diego looking now?
We get on the Dolphins for blowing it when they pay guys such as Jake Grove $29.5 million and he turns out to be a bust. We should also note with appreciation when they find nuggets like Dobbins.
And, oh by the way, if Dobbins indeed starts and plays well, I'd be getting a little worried if I'm Channing Crowder. He is not promised anything. If he can be replaced by a less-noted, lower-paid player who is healthy then what is the point of keeping him?
Crowder should think about what happened to Grove during this uncapped year in that regard. Or maybe he should think about what happened to Justin Smiley or Matt Roth. Injured guys don't play. And guys that don't play don't stick around here.

Mando is super right on this one. I wrote a column earlier in the year on how Crowder needed to worry about Dobbins and now after witnessing all the cuts, if I am Crowder I am looking for every possible possibility to get healthy. If I am Crowder I am visiting the voodoo doctor, the santero and even Ricky's special healer. Miami has five ILBs, way to many if you ask me. They have only kept three in the past, also Dobbins was given an extension and has a ton of potential. I am not saying Crowder will be cut, but there is no way he is comfortable right now. Crowder right now is losing sleep, looking over his shoulder and worring about each phone call he gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mando is super right on this one. I wrote a column earlier in the year on how Crowder needed to worry about Dobbins and now after witnessing all the cuts, if I am Crowder I am looking for every possible possibility to get healthy. If I am Crowder I am visiting the voodoo doctor, the santero and even Ricky's special healer. Miami has five ILBs, way to many if you ask me. They have only kept three in the past, also Dobbins was given an extension and has a ton of potential. I am not saying Crowder will be cut, but there is no way he is comfortable right now. Crowder right now is losing sleep, looking over his shoulder and worring about each phone call he gets.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

have we ever had more than three worth keeping?

I can't say it would be surprising if Crowder is cut, especially after what happened with Grove, but if it happens, expect pandemonium.

I dont think Crowder really cares if he gets cut. I mean, its not like he has lived up to our expectations of him

The fact that Crowder jumps in and out of his LB spot with ease, despite being injured tells me the coaching staff really like Channing. Maybe he gets the Matt Roth treatment, who knows . . . but I am not all that excited with our ILB's being Dobbins, Johnson and Carpenter, alongside Dansby. I also believe a healthy Channing Crowder will thrive with Dansby next to him. Channing also has some value for a trade, I can't see it happening.

Mando is super right on this one. I wrote a column earlier in the year on how Crowder needed to worry about Dobbins and now after witnessing all the cuts, if I am Crowder I am looking for every possible possibility to get healthy. If I am Crowder I am visiting the voodoo doctor, the santero and even Ricky's special healer. Miami has five ILBs, way to many if you ask me. They have only kept three in the past, also Dobbins was given an extension and has a ton of potential. I am not saying Crowder will be cut, but there is no way he is comfortable right now. Crowder right now is losing sleep, looking over his shoulder and worring about each phone call he gets.

I think Crowder's future with the team will depend on how Dobbins and Micah Johnson play. If Dobbins excels and Johnson shows he is an adequate backup (and remains healthy), Crowder and his relatively expensive contract may soon be off the team. If Crowder is healthy and plays, I think he's too much of a coach's favorite to be cut outright. However, health is the big concern with Channing, and if he cannot get on the field, coaches may see this uncapped season as the time to get ride of CC's contract.

If Edds comes back healthy, he could maybe challenge, too. Luckily his tear happened early, so he should be good to go by OTAs...

Im sorry, but is anyone really worrying about Crowder missing this game? People are worried about Long, but with Dansby on the team, Crowder has taken a back seat. Perhaps Crowder comes back better than ever, but in my opinion he needs a speedy recovery cause right now Dobbins & Johnson have done a good job replacing. That is exactly what bought Grove's ticket out Miami, a backup doing the job as good as he did.

Here is a Fantasy question if Crowder's contract stood in the way of a Greg Olsen trade, who would you prefer?

Im sorry, but is anyone really worrying about Crowder missing this game? People are worried about Long, but with Dansby on the team, Crowder has taken a back seat. Perhaps Crowder comes back better than ever, but in my opinion he needs a speedy recovery cause right now Dobbins & Johnson have done a good job replacing. That is exactly what bought Grove's ticket out Miami, a backup doing the job as good as he did.

Here is a Fantasy question if Crowder's contract stood in the way of a Greg Olsen trade, who would you prefer?

bring in Olsen.. We need a pass catching TE, Crowder is expendable.

Too bad Armando and Finatic are super wrong on their opinions.

Too bad Armando and Finatic are super wrong on their opinions.

Same way I was wrong about my opinion on Grove & Allen. Granted Allen was not cut, but he was placed on IR and Rosenhaus said on Sunday an injury settlement was not out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom