Armando Salguero: Dolphins consider signing Andre Gurode | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins consider signing Andre Gurode

The football question is do they abandon that idea for now to bring in Gurode to play center and move Pouncey to guard? The move likely improves your unit a bit in that it adds experience at center, adds more agility at guard and creates a competition at right tackle between Colombo and Carey.
But it retards Pouncey's progress as a center. It practically changes the entire dynamic of the Miami line, thus erasing whatever chemistry that line had built the past four weeks or so. The move also reeks of desperation and is a sign that suggests the team didn't get it right in moving Carey and signing Colombo in the first place.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#tp#ixzz1WRmfKyGG

A) What chemistry? If what they have now is chemistry, its not the good kind.
B) I dont think moving Pouncey to RG for one year will hurt more than it helps. He will have a pro bowl center next to hm teaching him how to play the position.
C) If the coaches arent getting desperate for an answer on the OL, they have already thrown in towel on the season. They should be desperate and they need t o act upon this desperation to sign a pro bowl center.
D) What competition at RT? Although fat, Carey is much better than Columbo at RT. Not sure there would be much of a competition there.

IMO this is the single most important move the team can make and is an immediate upgrade. On paper this completely solidifies our line.

Long --> Incognito --> Gurode --> Pouncey --> Carey.... Is sooooo much better than what it is now.

Jeff Darlington just tweeted the Dolphins WILL NOT sign Andre Gurode. Excuse me while I throw up a little in my mouth.

I must have missed where the story said we were giving "serious thought" to this idea. All I saw was something saying they would "consider their options."

I know, I know. Details are hard. But this is a pretty significant editorial spin you're putting on this.

i didn't realize we actually built any chemistry. long isn't in, so when he comes in, there goes the so called chemistry anyway. fix this problem immediately. henne and the offense relies on the line and if the line is not up for the task, Henne will falter because the run game will be non-existant and he will be blamed for everything just like the past two years. GET IT DONE!!!

This is the only one that makes sense. The FO cant be this blind. I think if he was arrested last week, had two bad knees, two strikes in the drug program, sucks as a player, and then was cut by the Cowboys we would sign him immediately.

To expand upon my previous post, in my view the title of this thread is misleading and should be changed by the mods. FinAtic editorialized Salguero's story to mean something it didn't.

Back
Top Bottom