Armando Salguero: Dolphins still paying for epic mistakes of 2013 NFL Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins still paying for epic mistakes of 2013 NFL Draft

We'll get stuck with Mangini. I know it and all of you know it. This organization is the physical embodiment of stupidity and horrible decision making.

Its amazing to me where analysts are still blaming the offenses failures right now. It's literally the exact same offense/concepts/motions this team ran last year, week 1. Now dont get me wrong, i know some of the players are horse **** but how could any player on the offense have a shot to win consistent one on one battles when the defense know what plays are coming 90% of the time, based just on formations and the motions run from them. That outside pitch to Miller that Weddle blew up last Sunday is a prime example of what good players/coaches see over and over on film, and then they react accordingly during the game.

In other words holes that the 2013 FA and draft classes should have filled.

I have cracked the FO for not addressing the guard position. However, at the end of the day, there was only so much they could have replaced. They needed someone in house to step up and that did not happen say at guard and CB. There was not sufficient talent in the draft to truly satisfy MLB.

Also, Stills, Cameron and Parker were signed or drafted to get the offense more explosive. The idea that the coaching staff could not utilize them more is not on Tannenbaum. Heck, it took a month for them to adjust to using one of the best DT's in the league.

At the end of the day, the next step this franchise needs to take is with coaching. Once a coaching staff is in place that gives an intellectual advantage while at the same time keeps the plays accountable for their play on the field, Miami will see a world of difference. Heaven forbid a staff develops players.

The stubbornness/refusing to adapt has haunted the phins since Dave took over. Cronyism too is another thing holding the phins back.

A HC & coordinators who are strategists is the essential trait I'd hope Ross seeks out. Better yet, SR lets Marino run the search lock, stock, & barrel.

Its amazing to me where analysts are still blaming the offenses failures right now. It's literally the exact same offense/concepts/motions this team ran last year, week 1. Now dont get me wrong, i know some of the players are horse **** but how could any player on the offense have a shot to win consistent one on one battles when the defense know what plays are coming 90% of the time, based just on formations and the motions run from them. That outside pitch to Miller that Weddle blew up last Sunday is a prime example of what good players/coaches see over and over on film, and then they react accordingly during the game.

Chip kellys o has nose dived this year...it will continue to drop off a cliff in 2016 unless he gets a true run threat athlete at qb and unveils some things as a result it will take the nfl time to catch up with

Thats pretty much the only chance hes got...if i was him id go back to college

Tennessee should go after Kelly. That would be interesting.

Dennis Hickie, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross hired Mike Tannenbaum to run his team, essentially rendering Hickie superfluous. The situation won't remain the same for another season.

"There is some change expected there," Rapoport said. "It is no certainty that Hickie returns for the 2016 season."

The coach is already out and Hickie apparently will follow. After not getting bang for his bucks with Ndamukong Suh, the question could become whether Ross blows up the whole thing and ships Tannenbaum quickly out of town, as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000609519/article/which-nfl-gms-are-on-the-hot-seat

No, I do not think firing Tannenbaum is that devastating EXCEPT Steve Ross has no football IQ and needs a trusted person to help him make football decisions. Plus, if Ross is going to keep the Matt Higgins' and Dawn Aponte's of the world, Tannenbaum is the one force that can get everyone on the same page. Therefore, Tannenbaum is essential.

Tannenbaum is not essential. His track record is dubious, and acting if he's the only executive that could connect Ross to the Higgins and Apontes of our organization is a dubious proposition. If Higgins and Aponte need that link, maybe they shouldn't be here- neither is essential anyway, the point is moot. The Dolphins need the right people to draft and develop talent- that's a wide scope, but look at this organization over the past 20 years or so and the truth of it is self evident. We need a strong, established GM who is a leader and who knows how to hire the right people, from top to bottom. Why did Ross hire Tannenbaum in the first place, because he likes him? His track record sure didn't warrant the hire or the power given to him.

Get Tannenbaum the **** out of here. Then Ross should do as Woody Johnson did- hire Casserly as a consultant to find a GM. Then let the GM hire the coach. Of course we all know this has no chance of happening, as Tannnenbaum will hang around and hire his dickbag buddy Mangini.

ProFootballtalk had a post this morning about possible GM openings and they suggested that Tannenbaum could just appoint himself as GM. Wouldn't be the craziest move ever, but I have serious concerns about Tannenbaums's ability to handle the full job.

ProFootballtalk had a post this morning about possible GM openings and they suggested that Tannenbaum could just appoint himself as GM. Wouldn't be the craziest move ever, but I have serious concerns about Tannenbaums's ability to handle the full job.

Of course. This isn't difficult to figure out- Hickey will be fired, Tannenbaum becomes GM/VP of F*ck Ups, and we continue to languish in incompetence and mediocrity for several more years.

I think it's pretty dumb to have a vp of operations and a GM. Especially if the GM has to go through the vp for who he wants to have on the team. it's just redundant and kind of makes the GM position just a puppet. GM should have 100% of the roster moves, in conjunction with the head coach. this way, you have 100% of the responsibility and no guessing on who wanted to draft/pick up certain players.

I think it's pretty dumb to have a vp of operations and a GM. Especially if the GM has to go through the vp for who he wants to have on the team. it's just redundant and kind of makes the GM position just a puppet. GM should have 100% of the roster moves, in conjunction with the head coach. this way, you have 100% of the responsibility and no guessing on who wanted to draft/pick up certain players.

Exaclty we have had too many people invloved...

Mike T is taking the reins like it or not, be shocked if Ross removes him already.

Yes, the draft and FA moves were bad by Ireland, but I would argue that Philbin hastened the disaster by miscasting these players into roles for which they were unfit.

Dion Jordan -- looked dominant at Oregon because they moved him around in a hybrid role and used his athleticism; Philbin and his boy Coyle made him a rush DE instead

Phillip Wheeler -- a one trick pony as a situational pass rusher; Philbin and Coyle repeatedly miscast him as a 3-down linebacker and he either got steamrolled in the run game or roasted in coverage

Jamar Taylor and Will Davis -- both felt comfortable at the line of scrimmage in jam-press man coverage where they could use their strength and length to re-direct receivers and support the run defense; Coyle throws them into his complicated zone scheme and neither of these guys are equipped to play corner without putting their hands on the receiver

I'm not absolving Ireland for bad picks. I'm saying that his picks were made so much worse because they were mismatched with the desires of that coaching staff.
i can understand that. ross has to much people trying call shoot.

If The Dolphins are stupid enough to name Tannenbaum as the GM then they more than deserve the sanctions that the NFL puts on them. That would only be another incident in the long list of miscues since Ross became owner.

If The Dolphins are stupid enough to name Tannenbaum as the GM then they more than deserve the sanctions that the NFL puts on them. That would only be another incident in the long list of miscues since Ross became owner.

I can't imagine this happening....but if so, I'm sure the NFL will take issue.

Back
Top Bottom