Armando Salguero: Dolphins still paying for epic mistakes of 2013 NFL Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins still paying for epic mistakes of 2013 NFL Draft

Give me a break. The guy has been on the job for less than a year and people want to toss him in the dump.

This is the most cynical and bitter I have ever seen Dolphins fans. Incredible to see.

You're right let's give him 4 years to see if he can figure it out, Hickey deserves 2 more years also.

The extra-hilarious aspect of Ireland's ego heading into the draft is that everyone else knew that 2013 was one of the weakest drafts in recent years. So while I'm sure Ireland felt super clever stockpiling those picks, he was already playing from behind. Then, he compounded the flub by trading up in a draft devoid of elite talent. The "value" was so "good" because everyone else seemed to understand this.

9fbc4bbefac67e814ed752c76b9cafb2-1.jpg

Would you agree that his hands were ultimately tied when Joe Philbin was brought back?

How does he bring back winning ways? Easy answer for me and I have said this a ton this season. Allow Tannenbaum to hire a GM and coach. From there, everyone from the coaches to the GM to the FO to the owner share a vision on what the football culture needs to be in Davie. From there, stick with that culture not for a season, but for years. Of course there will be adversity, but keep the continuity of a quality staff and FO that is in lockstep.

That is how Miami can work toward consistent success.
My question on Joe is did he have enough say in the matter not to bring Joe back, or were his hands tied? If Mike does get to stay and there isn't a clean sweep he will need to have some quick positives for this organization to show improvement is upon us. Then he will need to have some long range positive success stories. This maybe Mike's last chance to succeed in a front office so he better be doing his homework if he and this organization want to restore the winning ways in Miami.

You're right let's give him 4 years to see if he can figure it out, Hickey deserves 2 more years also.

The rinse and repeat Miami has had is part of its issue. Now, I would agree that they pick the "wrong guy" to head the team often. Cam Cameron and Joe Philbin were not the right picks to begin with. However, I think Saban would have created a successful football team if he stayed and toughed it out. Tony had a solid staff, but got the rug pulled from underneath him and pretty much was neutered with Harbaugh fiasco.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

My question on Joe is did he have enough say in the matter not to bring Joe back, or were his hands tied? If Mike does get to stay and there isn't a clean sweep he will need to have some quick positives for this organization to show improvement is upon us. Then he will need to have some long range positive success stories. This maybe Mike's last chance to succeed in a front office so he better be doing his homework if he and this organization want to restore the winning ways in Miami.

Joe should have been fired at the end of 2013. His damage he did to this team is as bad as Ireland.

Terrible coach that set this franchise back as much as anyone.

In other words holes that the 2013 FA and draft classes should have filled.

I have cracked the FO for not addressing the guard position. However, at the end of the day, there was only so much they could have replaced. They needed someone in house to step up and that did not happen say at guard and CB. There was not sufficient talent in the draft to truly satisfy MLB.

Also, Stills, Cameron and Parker were signed or drafted to get the offense more explosive. The idea that the coaching staff could not utilize them more is not on Tannenbaum. Heck, it took a month for them to adjust to using one of the best DT's in the league.

At the end of the day, the next step this franchise needs to take is with coaching. Once a coaching staff is in place that gives an intellectual advantage while at the same time keeps the plays accountable for their play on the field, Miami will see a world of difference. Heaven forbid a staff develops players.

Give me a break. The guy has been on the job for less than a year and people want to toss him in the dump.

This is the most cynical and bitter I have ever seen Dolphins fans. Incredible to see.

Who gives a **** if they were past mistakes. The GM still needs to know who can hack it in the NFL, who can't, and fix the roster according.

How about Perryman in the 2nd or trading up in the 2nd with those 5TH rounders to get Kendricks. MLB problem solved and instead of jettisoning one of the younger dt's they keep him.

There were also plenty of G options in free agency that were better than what was in house. That's another position fixed. You forget this team still has around $8 mil in extra cap that they could have used instead of rolling over.

When the comes to Tbum it's not that we want him jettisoned after one year it's that we never wanted him in the first place and already see the writing on the wall of what will more than likely happen if he's in charge.

Also thinking Delmas was going to make it another season was idiotic at best.

The rinse and repeat Miami has had is part of its issue. Now, I would agree that they pick the "wrong guy" to head the team often. Cam Cameron and Joe Philbin were not the right picks to begin with. However, I think Saban would have created a successful football team if he stayed and toughed it out. Tony had a solid staff, but got the rug pulled from underneath him and pretty much was neutered with Harbaugh fiasco.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Joe should have been fired at the end of 2013. His damage he did to this team is as bad as Ireland.

Terrible coach that set this franchise back as much as anyone.
Brother I agree on Joe. The real sad part for this organization is that no one called it back then and the short comings continued for too long.

I am just saying I want a fresh start start from top to bottom. Would firing Tannenbaum be such a devastating loss that we couldn't find anyone to fill his shoes? You just said he should be excused because he is still learning his duties. I think there is probably plenty of people out there that could do just as good of a job as him, if not better. Let's do it right this time. If we don't, you know it's going to be the more of the same conversation with the media and fans if we falter with Tannenbaum at the helm.

I am just saying I want a fresh start start from top to bottom. Would firing Tannenbaum be such a devastating loss that we couldn't find anyone to fill his shoes? You just said he should be excused because he is still learning his duties. I think there is probably plenty of people out there that could do just as good of a job as him, if not better. Let's do it right this time. If we don't, you know it's going to be the more of the same conversation with the media and fans if we falter with Tannenbaum at the helm.

No, I do not think firing Tannenbaum is that devastating EXCEPT Steve Ross has no football IQ and needs a trusted person to help him make football decisions. Plus, if Ross is going to keep the Matt Higgins' and Dawn Aponte's of the world, Tannenbaum is the one force that can get everyone on the same page. Therefore, Tannenbaum is essential.

No, I do not think firing Tannenbaum is that devastating EXCEPT Steve Ross has no football IQ and needs a trusted person to help him make football decisions. Plus, if Ross is going to keep the Matt Higgins' and Dawn Aponte's of the world, Tannenbaum is the one force that can get everyone on the same page. Therefore, Tannenbaum is essential.

Ross has hadn't any luck with trusted people, that's the problem.

As to Higgins, I don't see him going anywhere as long as Ross owns the team, he helps run one of Ross' other business ventures.

Ross has hadn't any luck with trusted people, that's the problem.

As to Higgins, I don't see him going anywhere as long as Ross owns the team, he helps run one of Ross' other business ventures.

I would simply keep Tannenbaum at the top of the org, push Chris Grier to the GM position and open the brinks truck to Hue Jackson's door.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

What is left in the Brinks truck I would drive up to Jim Schwartz door. Al Saunders would be my OC and have Hue call the plays.

I think that I am exponentially better going forward.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Maybe you let Hue bring Duke Tobin with him from Cincinnati.

I would simply keep Tannenbaum at the top of the org, push Chris Grier to the GM position and open the brinks truck to Hue Jackson's door.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

What is left in the Brinks truck I would drive up to Jim Schwartz door. Al Saunders would be my OC and have Hue call the plays.

I think that I am exponentially better going forward.

Have to wonder about Schwartz spurning us earlier when we fired Philbin. I know he probably didn't want to board the train wreck at that time but he had the opportunity to take over the job and would have been given the chance 2016 and beyond. Makes me wonder if he is not interested in Miami or we may not offer him another chance after being turned down.

I think Hue Jackson is going to have a ton of interest no guarantee he comes to Miami.

On the Tannenbaum issue, I'm not down on his as most on this site are.....but you also can't have it both ways.

If he is calling all the football shots as many allege, then he has a ton of responsibility for the debacle in 2015. If he isn't calling the shots, then this is on Hickey and Ross....and Joe, although that issue has been solved.

Hayden, you posted in the other thread that Tannebaum wanted Joe gone at the end of 14. But he is on record as wanting him and supporting him staying. Do you have a link or story that is referencing his desire to want Joe gone? I would definitely be interested in seeing it.

I frankly don't have any issue with Tannebaum calling the shots and I don't have an issue with Hickey calling the shots......but I do have an issue if their is confusion, disagreement or interference going on between them. I don't know to what extent that is the case......but lets clean that up one way or another and offer clean lines of leadership to our potential coaching candidates.

LOL our execs are/were so dumb. They wanted Tavon Austin who sucks and is a complete luxury type of pick or Dion Jordan who we know the story there.

I swear the dolphins should hire me in the FO, I could easily do better than these imbeciles.

Actually they would have done a better job if they just followed the consensus of the myriad mock drafts. A lot of wasted time and effort from all the regional scouts and FO.
Dion Jordan does have the physical talent to be a great player. Unfortunately, he doesnt have the brain or ambition to match.

Back
Top Bottom