Armando Salguero: Dolphins still paying for epic mistakes of 2013 NFL Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins still paying for epic mistakes of 2013 NFL Draft

not really, anyone with half a brain can realize that this organization has been doing the same thing over last 20 years especially when the majority of draft picks don't play much or poorly, the free agents suck for the most part, a qb who chokes when the game is on the line, laughs with the other team after games, doesn't know what division Miami plays in and you have incompetent coaches and GMs who make these picks....

Though, the owner is mostly responsible from the first day he came here for hiring incompetent coaches and management based on non football personnel and hiring from losing organizations like Shula use to always do.

The problem is the ownership treats its fan base like a bunch of fools and rightfully so.....they play the sizzle game, buy some sizzle in the offseason, sell the tickets and hype and then watch the team go 500, fans scream for a few heads, the first yr its a couple of players, the 2nd yr its an OC and or DC the third to 4th yr its the HC then repeat....the fans are on board after getting its pound of flesh in the offseason so everything is fine until the season starts again........the funny thing is its usually the sizzle that is the pound of flesh later on.....so if things stay the same Suh should be run out of here in about 3-4 yrs.....My prediction this yr is a high price CB is over paid and brought in to replace Grimes and the fans will love it......instead of bringing in a high price CB to play with Grimes...

So if we called these bonehead moves at time we should feel any different. I hated the Jordon move and I still feel pretty crappy.

We actually feel worse no doubt about it because had to go through the stages of a Jeff Ireland draft; anger, confusion, anger

again,denial, aggravated acceptance, blind optimism, anger, depression, drinking, anger, optimism, back to anger, I'm sure I missed a

few but I'm back to drinking.

also why the **** would he ask mike dee about the draft ugh no wonder we suck

I'm still pissed about the 2010 draft. I was screaming for earl Thomas when miami was on the clock but no Miami trades down for Odrick and freaking Koa misi....ugh dammit.

Dude, we've been butchering drafts for forever. Haven't had a good draft since JJ. And then before him Shula & Co. were bad more times than not.

^^ and even JJ's drafts were mired with terrible reaches and awful RBs, but at least he found a couple HoF-level talents and built an incredible defense full of Pro Bowl and All Pro talent.

Organization is a recurring fraud since 2001. Time to reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article and description of allowing our cap guru and other non football people having a voice is the exact reason why this team will stay mediocre until Ross realizes he needs to hire a football guy to run the football operations and tell everybody else to but out or better yet let that guy he hires bring in his own people and get rid of who he wants.

Yes, the draft and FA moves were bad by Ireland, but I would argue that Philbin hastened the disaster by miscasting these players into roles for which they were unfit.

Dion Jordan -- looked dominant at Oregon because they moved him around in a hybrid role and used his athleticism; Philbin and his boy Coyle made him a rush DE instead

Phillip Wheeler -- a one trick pony as a situational pass rusher; Philbin and Coyle repeatedly miscast him as a 3-down linebacker and he either got steamrolled in the run game or roasted in coverage

Jamar Taylor and Will Davis -- both felt comfortable at the line of scrimmage in jam-press man coverage where they could use their strength and length to re-direct receivers and support the run defense; Coyle throws them into his complicated zone scheme and neither of these guys are equipped to play corner without putting their hands on the receiver

I'm not absolving Ireland for bad picks. I'm saying that his picks were made so much worse because they were mismatched with the desires of that coaching staff.

Scouting department should have been gone with Ireland. How many have been let go because of doing a bad analysis of players?

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny everyone is calling these bonehead moves now, but how many people were praising these same moves when they happened including Armando.....hindsight is 20/20

Definitely not everyone. Many including myself were weary and worried Ireland would waste 11 draft picks and 60 million dollars, at the time.

This teams paying for that 2014 oc hire more than it is for dion jordan

Chip kelly better go back to college cause the nfl has his offense figured out and the only thing that keeps it from bill lazor level disaster right now is tempo...

Its amazing to me where analysts are still blaming the offenses failures right now. It's literally the exact same offense/concepts/motions this team ran last year, week 1. Now dont get me wrong, i know some of the players are horse **** but how could any player on the offense have a shot to win consistent one on one battles when the defense know what plays are coming 90% of the time, based just on formations and the motions run from them. That outside pitch to Miller that Weddle blew up last Sunday is a prime example of what good players/coaches see over and over on film, and then they react accordingly during the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This article and description of allowing our cap guru and other non football people having a voice is the exact reason why this team will stay mediocre until Ross realizes he needs to hire a football guy to run the football operations and tell everybody else to but out or better yet let that guy he hires bring in his own people and get rid of who he wants.

Actually, the cap guru and the non-football people wanted the guy they DIDN'T pick! Ironically to your comment, the owner and the execs actually allowed the football people to make the decision.

Now what is scary.....is if they hadn't, it still would have been a bad pick....

Tavon Austin would not make me feel much better about it

Back
Top Bottom