Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Dolphins to address protection for Ryan Tannehill

All Mathis would've gotten us was a worse draft pick.

I've seen almost no one else say this but I truly believed we tanked the season on purpose.

Tannenbaum also bought in since he didn't address the OG position last year when he had a chance at Evan Mathis.

He went for to the contender instead of the pretender -- that had nothing to do with our front office, unless you believe he was so good and important (e.g., the one missing piece) that we should have put together a 'over market' package for him?

Ryan had 4 years in that system at Texan A&M.

I agree that QBs need audible freedom in today's NFL especially if they want to last long term.

But all that time in that system and Ryan still wasn't exactly great in that system either, it still got Sherman fired. And I remember tannehill constantly being late with the ball, IMO Lazor saw that, and didn't want him over thinking.

Do you actually think he looked better during shermans time, than he did last season without audibles?

I think his game was ascending more under shermans full audible system...yes I do...i think this neutered thing set him back and his play when he was allowed to make audibles out of certain sets these last 3 or 4 games showed as much when he changed plays

concepts all the same though makes it hard...especially when teams can sit on them by down and distance...I know that's an excuse right

personally I think tannehill would be further along right now if we never went to this type of system...I attribute his increased vertical accuracy with more time and reps than anything else and a disconnect with mike Wallace which everyone but big ben seems to also have

he's a timing progression based pocket qb...I believe in it more than anything else...he's rarely late although when he was this year outside the #s he paid for it a couple times...his decision making is as good as it gets for his experience level and he uses his head and eyes well to not give away intentions...when people sit there and say he stares down his first progression I laugh cause if the qbs head was staring down targets at the rate this board wants you to believe he'd be throwing picks all over the place especially when teams can sit on your situational tendencies and route concepts relative to them...nope...his eye discipline is very good

how often does anyone jump a ball with tannehill? like hardly ever...that's cause of his head and eye discipline specifically in his drop his head is in the center of the field

if this new head coach is as advertised there won't be any qb trust issues in 2016...they will give him the keys and let him drive and focus on fixing things AROUND the qb that are killing us

3rd and 8 plus all season long and it's the qb that's the problem? yeah no boss

If Gase can be the catalyst that gets Dallas Thomas out of here, then I my expectations for Gase as HC will instantly change.

Good on ya, Ren. It's good to read at least one person say this. Time will tell if Gase is any good. He could turn this thing around, or he could screw this team even more...but either way I'll go out on a limb and say many people entrenched in their "I hate the Gase hire" will fail to equate any positive gestures they see with the new head coach who has final roster say.

It's a weird sort of wordplay I see some of the posters doing on here to dig their heels in on issues while never admitting they are wrong. To all the boneheads reading this who this applies to, here's an example of how you do it:

"I hate the Gase hire."

"Ooh, they are getting rid of Dallas Thomas. Great move by the Dolphins"

"Gase has never coached before so he'll fail."

"The Dolphins just scored a major defensive coordinator. Credit to them."

"They lost a game, this is all Gase's fault."

"They won a game. Round of applause for the Dolphins."

This isn't specific to Gase, this is a weird thing that applies to Ross, Tannehill, and a ton of other folks. It's just a ****ing message board and it's okay to admit you were wrong. Once upon a time I was happy when Dion Jordan was drafted and am COMPLETELY comfortable with saying I was wrong and that turned into a **** storm. I'm wrong a lot and I'm right alot, like all humans are.

Tossing this out there because I love this board and its posters, but anonymity behind a screen name doesn't mean people don't notice when you aren't consistent. It just makes you come off as a douche.

I'll gladly admit I was wrong. It happened back in the 90's I think if memory serves me correctly :D

You do make a good point but most will get on board as free agency and the draft approaches. Win the first exhibition game and he'll be crowned the next Shula.

I think his game was ascending more under shermans full audible system...yes I do...i think this neutered thing set him back and his play when he was allowed to make audibles out of certain sets these last 3 or 4 games showed as much when he changed plays

personally I think tannehill would be further along right now if we never went to this type of system...I attribute his increased vertical accuracy with more time and reps than anything else and a disconnect with mike Wallace which everyone but big ben seems to also have

he's a timing progression based pocket qb...I believe in it more than anything else...he's rarely late although when he was this year outside the #s he paid for it a couple times...his decision making is as good as it gets for his experience level and he uses his head and eyes well to not give away intentions...when people sit there and say he stares down his first progression I laugh cause if the qbs head was staring down targets at the rate this board wants you to believe he'd be throwing picks all over the place especially when teams can sit on your situational tendencies and route concepts relative to them...nope...his eye discipline is very good

how often does anyone jump a ball with tannehill? like hardly ever...that's cause of his head and eye discipline specifically in his drop his head is in the center of the field

if this new head coach is as advertised there won't be any qb trust issues in 2016...they will give him the keys and let him drive and focus on fixing things AROUND the qb that are killing us

I agree with the bolded part, but I'm also not mad at Lazor for running his system his way, because fans wanted more stats, Ross wanted more points, and no one wanted to wait for him and the offense to develop together.

I also agree tannehill is a progression pg. Where I disagree is if he is enough of the total package where he can actually be good at it on a consistent basis.

And if he really wants to sit back there, and be in a system that doesn't demand he thinks quick, and gets rid of it quick, than he sure better learn to use the entire pocket, or all of this "development" is worthless.

I seriously doubt it...I doubt he's even watched 2015s seasons worth yet

If he's the work horse that they say he is then I gotta believe he's watched something. I find it hard to believe he didn't do his homework on the Dolphins. Specifically, Watched a little tape to get an idea of what he has on Offense aka The QB!

If he's the work horse that they say he is then I gotta believe he's watched something. I find it hard to believe he didn't do his homework on the Dolphins. Specifically, Watched a little tape to get an idea of what he has on Offense aka The QB!

said at the press conference that his familiarity with ryan was mostly last years game vs the broncos so I don't think he'd done much homework at the time

Back
Top Bottom