Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle

Gonzo

Who dat?
Club Member
Reaction score
Scheme issues

Now, anyone can argue Coyle did not miss a tackle, did not blow an assignment, did not fail in getting to the quarterback once Sunday and be correct. It is about players in the NFL, and Dolphins defenders point to themselves first.

But I know Ndamukong Suh is a good player. I’ve seen it for years in Detroit. The Miami personnel department obviously saw it and thought paying him $114 million was worthwhile.

And then this, this, this dominant presence comes to the Dolphins and he disappears in Coyle’s defense?

“I’ll take a closer look at the film,” Philbin said of the now former star defensive tackle. “He made a couple of plays; I don’t know what the stat sheet said. We’ll take a closer look at the tape. It’s a team defense, it’s not one person. One person doesn’t make a defense. There’s 11 guys that have to make a defense.”

That’s true. But one guy can take over a game. And late Sunday that was Jared Odrick, the former Miami defensive tackle who signed with the Jaguars in the offseason.

Miami’s castoff player hit Ryan Tannehill in the end zone and caused a fumble on the sack. On the next play he batted a Tannehill pass away to force an incompletion.

So basically what we have witnessed so far this season is Jared Odrick play better against the Dolphins than he ever played for the Dolphins. And we’ve seen Suh come to Miami as a star and potential future Hall of Famer and become a pedestrian player.

A one-solo-tackle (Suh’s output each of the first two games) guy.

This is not on those players. This is on that decision Joe Philbin made on Kevin Coyle.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article35936184.html

Pretty much nails it.

Armando is dead on balls accurate

There's only 3 teams in the NFL that have given up fewer points through the first 2 games, and only one that has scored less. I'm not a Kevin Coyle fan by any means, and our defense certainly isn't playing sexy football, but it's obvious which side of the football is the bigger problem right now.

To be fair Odrick didn't do **** until the Dolphins were pinned at their goaline and were in an obvious passing situation.

It's good to see someone covering this team point out the obvious. And infuriating to read Philbins 's typical Philbinian response.

Coyle is so poor at defense even Armando is accurate against him.

Incredible.

Dumb Armando logic.

Suh one tackle => Coyle idiot=> Philbin idiot for not firing Coyle

That's your typical Herald analysis.

I am so done with the lack of blitz. And when we do blitz it is a poorly designed delayed blitz that gives the QB a solid five seconds to throw it. I miss Mike Sherman :(

It's week 2 and we played better defense in the second half of each game. Missed a lot of assignments, tackles, and opportunities this week. We can play better.

Dumb Armando logic.

Suh one tackle => Coyle idiot=> Philbin idiot for not firing Coyle

That's your typical Herald analysis.

In this case, it is brilliant analysis.

If Suh was so great, even a worthless staff like ours wouldn't hold him back. Truth is that Suh sucks as well as Phildo/Coyle. Just another illustration of a dumpster fire that Ross needs to correct. Fire these two morons this week and you excite the fanbase with change. If you don't, just wait until Buffalo comes in here and destroys our girly ass. And we are a feminine team, make no mistake. Unless the unsportsmanlike with the game on the line makes you a man rather than a true dumbass. I'd just fold this wretched franchise or sell it to someone that doesn't tolerate complete ineptness. Put a flame on our helmets for dumpster fire. Decades of complete ******ation.

Back
Top Bottom