Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle

Jags were missing their starting left tackle and that was the best Coyle could conjure up.

Not only was Schwartz available, but so was Eric Mangini and Wade Philips who I personally called for on this same message board.

Don't worry, Mangini will be here next year... as the new head coach. Ross gonna Ross. Tannenbaum gonna Tannenbaum.

This team needs more sacks, starting with Coyle being sacked.

O.V. can't get off blocks, he's not getting pressure and he's crap at setting the edge. He really has declined imo. Contract year?? Bye

Wow that was a stretch.

Wake is still a very good DE. Watch him play, even when he doesn't get a sack, he's putting heat on the QB and affecting him. He misses a game due to a hammy injury and now some people want him gone. Like I said, that's irrational, to put it kindly.

Love reading that phrase followed by nonsense that indicates one clearly hasn't been watching. If you've actually been watching him, you'd see that he's clearly lost a step or three and is having more and more trouble staying on the field. Age is a bitch, especially for OL and DL. Like I said, his eventual replacement needs to be obtained next offseason (clearly not Vernon), and he needs to start being transitioned into a situational role. Or, the coaches and FO can share your mindset and pretend like he's a highlander, you know, all rational like.

The inability to get to Bortles yesterday is alarming. Jacksonville's line still needs a lot of work and they more than held their own.

Which is exactly why everyone needs to drop the bad O-line excuse for Ryan Tannehill

Which is exactly why everyone needs to drop the bad O-line excuse for Ryan Tannehill

What on earth does our defensive line's inability to get to the QB against a questionable line have to do with Tannehill? Unless we have the extremely good fortune to face a Coyle-led defense, I fail to see the correlation.

What on earth does our defensive line's inability to get to the QB against a questionable line have to do with Tannehill? Unless we have the extremely good fortune to face a Coyle-led defense, I fail to see the correlation.
Tannehill wasn't able to sack Bortles yesterday. First game of his career that Bortles was not sacked and all because Tannehill screwed up and couldn't get past the Jags offensive line.

This goes back to last year Odrick yelling at Philbin over the defense play calling. Nothing has changed except we managed to make the most dominant DT in league history invisible. Only the Dolphins!

Back
Top Bottom