Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-defense-we-have-to-go-back-to-drawing-board/

After the game, Suh certainly seemed to be suggesting that defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle needed to make some changes to the scheme when asked about what went wrong on Sunday.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Suh said. “At the end of the day, we have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what we want to run so guys can make plays and go from there.”

Hmmmmm..... ya think?

Wait and see how long it will take this staff to get billy turner tackle reps in practice even...alberts out we gonna ride and die with either fox or dallas thomas

I give it 8 weeks minimum before he gets a sniff barring injury to those 2 in front of him

Wait and see how long it will take this staff to get billy turner tackle reps in practice even...alberts out we gonna ride and die with either fox or dallas thomas

I give it 8 weeks minimum before he gets a sniff barring injury to those 2 in front of him

and Tannehill will be out by week 6

Preseason pretenders lol

I hate that i care so much

Meanwhile top 15 pick sits on the damn bench cause joe doesnt "feel it"

That's another thing... Parker. They need to get the kid involved. I'm sick and tired of this Philbin 'rookies don't play' garbage. He was drafted to make an impact, now let him make one dammit. God, I hate this coaching staff...

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

and Tannehill will be out by week 6

Tannehill won't get past next week at this rate.

That's another thing... Parker. They need to get the kid involved. I'm sick and tired of this Philbin 'rookies don't play' garbage. He was drafted to make an impact, now let him make one dammit. God, I hate this coaching staff...

Hes involved...last on the progression

Meanwhile stills who with a high end slot is a #4 wr value and jennings who looks old frankly despite the crisp routes play over him...and its all on the damn staff

Mathews and landry are the only ones who look the part...

Hes involved...last on the progression

Meanwhile stills who with a high end slot is a #4 wr value and jennings who looks old frankly despite the crisp routes play over him...and its all on the damn staff

Mathews and landry are the only ones who look the part...

This coaching staff is an abomination. It kills me to think what this team could do with proper coaching and player evaluation.

We should give Jim Schwartz a call and bring him in as a "consultant."

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I said this last year...whats the chances he can be fired at bye week? and who would we bring in or promote? duffner?
same goes for philbin if hes launched at the bye...i dont see it happening though IMO with ross so attached to him

Ov is worthless unless its a blitz scenario...the backup des look like just that backup ceiling players...

Cant sniff the qb...

Mike lbs a joke...the scheme sucks donkey nuts

275 yards vs in the first half to that jax o...if your o needs a jump start play miamis d

For me, the worst part is that ANYONE with half a brain last year knew that 2 of our 3 biggest issues were interior O line and Mike LB. I understand that we had many needs and couldn't fix em all in on off season, but the fact that we came into this year status quo at both MLB and G is absolutely ****in pathetic and inexcusable...

Not to mention the fact that our other huge problem from last year was the lack of a big red zone threat of a playmaking receiver... Now we have one, but he just doesn't play because we need to keep wheeling Jennings' useless ass out there in 3 and 4 wide sets. THANKS JOE!.. The look on my face in my sig says it all. SMH.

Its rare that a coordinator gets fired in season. Jim Schwartz is out there and is a damn good DC but I doubt Philbin would make the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always waking up the next day when a loss like this hits ya harder and hurts so much more.

UGH tough morning.

started remembering how bad out offensive line played, even James was not playing well at all for us, obviously Fox was getting destroyed, and Thomas had his up and down game throughout. started remembering how awful of a first half our defense once again played, letting up some huge huge receptions to Robinson (who did make a really nice grab on them though too), defensive line has been absent, taking poor angles early on (dancing with their feet instead of reading and making plays... Suh mostly), and obviously ILB as we expected anyways.

as for the article, good read... makes me think more and more. With the Suh aspect given too, it is like he is washed up more in our defense, but is it more his fault not playing aggressive with reads, but dancing with his feet trying to apply pressure more? i seen that a lot, but then when he does read and take angles, he broke up running plays nicely... the play he got a bit hurt on example 1... and thats right after a play where he looked awful, allowing a big run up middle.

Sheppard made a nice play in the backfield that shocked me!!! was huge in the second half, but otherwise he was himself again i nthe middle. Jenkins had an awfully slow start, but picked it up after a bit making some great plays for us... mostly second half again. Secondary blew a lot of big plays early on, but it doesnt help not applying pressure on Bortles at all who can throw the deep ball. Robinson made some athletic grabs, and used his body well against our smaller CBs like Grimes and McCain, but they were pretty much right there with the coverage for the most part (Grimes slipped a bit, and McCain just wasn't tall enough to get up on the ball). Aikens bit hard core o the double move for that huge TD though in the open field.

it still just seems its not all there for these guys, that we have the ability, we have the players... but after this poor poor performance early and often once again, i think this article is leaning more towards the correct aspects.

i remember dumbing the defense down this year, but what has that fully entailed? is the scheme not getting the most out of our players? blitz packages just relying on our outside DEs (who actually are playing well, but cant do it all themselves... example great pressure but Bortles escaping middle for huge run). its stunk having Wake try to go, but not able to play the game... big loss yes!!! Vernon didnt play horrible on the pass rush as others been saying above. Fede actually came in and played solid for us again i thought!!!

just another big UGH... a lot of film to review, a lot to figure out. it seems like a mess, somewhere i was not expecting to be in this early of the season. the comment in this thread that i agree mostly with is that from our defensive woes the past two years (especially in the second half of the season we fell apart, disappeared) it seems like there really hasnt been any improvement at all, where we should have made vast improvements. We need to start seeing it!!!

Back
Top Bottom