Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Issue with Dolphins’ defense starts with Kevin Coyle

Such a mistake to hold on to Coyle. Everyone knew it then. Joe played the loyalty card and now he is going to pay for it.

I said it then, Joe did not want the league rep as someone who scapegoated his coordinators. In return, he will pay the price in the end.

Coyle is simply another kitchen cabinet hire that was not qualified for the job.

when Herald starts putting out well thought out articles.

As far as Coyle, when GM gets good players on the roster and offense starts averaging 28 a game, then Ill start blaming defensive coordinator for losses.

If you can't see that the DC is a problem, you're either blind or a family member of Coyle. It's not just this year that his schemes have been pathetic, his azz almost got fired for the same thing the past 2 years. What's the front office think? Plopping Suh down as a band aid for this defense was all of a sudden going to change the DC and his routine BS?

Thats because they moved Odrick out wide, knowing he could speed rush Fox, and our dumb ass coaching staff didnt account for it.

I really hate to agree with Armando, but he is spot on. Another piss poor decision by Joe "Loyal to a fault" Philbin.

Thats because they moved Odrick out wide, knowing he could speed rush Fox, and our dumb ass coaching staff didnt account for it.

You mean they made logical adjustments on defense? OutFoxed ( ;) ) by Gus Bradley and Co. Coyle is clearly not the primary issue. The symptoms are visible throughout the entire team. Coyle just fits right in with it all.

We should give Jim Schwartz a call and bring him in as a "consultant."

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Anyone think we pay OV and keep Wake? I can see two new DE's next year. No pressure. Like the article, where are the sacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coyle is just part of the problem. The guy who doesn't hold him accountable is the real problem.

Anyone think we pay OV and keep Wake? I can see two new DE's next year. No pressure. Like the article, where are the sacks?

Wake didn't play. He tried to go but couldn't. You wanna cut our probowl DE for that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Such a mistake to hold on to Coyle. Everyone knew it then. Joe played the loyalty card and now he is going to pay for it.

I said it then, Joe did not want the league rep as someone who scapegoated his coordinators. In return, he will pay the price in the end.

Coyle is simply another kitchen cabinet hire that was not qualified for the job.

You know the coordinator sucks when I know how to defend an offensive play schematically better than he does.
At the end of the very first ****ing drive of the game I was screaming at the TV about the mismatch one on one with McCain covering Allen Robinson on the goal line.
How many times did we need to see Bortles beat us on 3rd down without bringing pressure? If guys aren't going to cover when you only bring 4 anyway then you might as well blitz.
We've seen some bad DCs here over the years, but Coyle might be the worst. He suuuuuuucks.

Wake didn't play. He tried to go but couldn't. You wanna cut our probowl DE for that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Probably not cut him, but certainly time to bring in his replacement and allow an innovative DC fit Wake in situationally (clearly not Coyle). You're fooling yourself if you think he has played up to that "Pro Bowl" designation in quite a while.

Probably not cut him, but certainly time to bring in his replacement and allow an innovative DC fit Wake in situationally (clearly not Coyle). You're fooling yourself if you think he has played up to that "Pro Bowl" designation in quite a while.
He's still one of our best defensive players. I understand you're pissed about the loss but calling for Wake to be replaced is completely irrational.

i could see both gone. Draft in the top rounds, you've got Fede and maybe you pray Dion Jordan can get it together. Wake isn't done but hes close and not worth the $. OV is completely overrated.

Back
Top Bottom