Armando Salguero: Ryan Tannehill proving he is future of franchise | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Ryan Tannehill proving he is future of franchise

The feeling is mutual.

The narrative is the same as it's been the prior two years of this regime and many others before it, underachievement and mediocrity.

Well, that puts me in the Majority and I would venture to say with 180 posts places you in the Minority. You are entitled to your opinion though.

I actually work with a guy who makes predictions and takes hardline stances and despite there inaccuracy - never waivers. If it makes you feel any better nobody likes that guy either, but If he ever found out I'm sure the feelings would be mutual (He's that kind of guy too.) :chuckle:

Mediocrity, the absolute worst and over used word on the entire website. Please people, expand your vocabulary for fear of becoming a cracker loving avian.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

They must not have Thesauruses in their part of the country. :lol:

One thing's for sure though I've gotten a real chuckle watching the same old handful of people incessantly duke it over with the Wallace/Tanny topics.

Trust us, it was far more comical watching you go to battle for Matt Moore.

I for one will never dog Matt Moore, whose efforts and leadership I respect and appreciate. There's no reason to denigrate him. I'd rather have him start for me than someone like Ponder or Stanton 8 days out of the week. But putting it into perspective, advocating for Matt Moore over Ryan Tannehill is akin to championing Matt Hasselbeck over Andrew Luck.

Shut up. Just the heck up and admit you were wrong on RT. All your "happy adjusting" has now turned to happy spinning.

Just shut the heck up and talk about things you know. Like betting on teams.

Because you sure don't know what it takes to play QB in this century. The more you talk and happily spin, the more it becomes evident that you haven't played or coached the game anytime in the last 50 years.

LD

Awsi knows more football on the back of his hand than 99% of the forum.

I'd relish the chance to coach a team against him -- in real life, that is.

Freakin' relish it.

Theoretical b.s. not backed up by real life actions. Easy.

I've given Awsi a bet that I'm sure he won't take. Because it would require real life accountability for the b.s. he's throwing against the wall re: RT.

LD

Proud to be a

cf582a59b75c98a448fd40366444303fjpgitokR-1.jpg

And with the palm of his hand he should slap himself.

Proud to be a

cf582a59b75c98a448fd40366444303fjpgitokR-1.jpg

And with the palm of his hand he should slap himself.

Because of his displeasure with Tannenhill? He isn't wrong in some of his arguments. I feel like Tannenhill is our future and has the potential to be a very good quarterback. He still needs to up his YPA and hit those 18-23 yard range passes more often. Also needs to bail outside the tackles more often when he feels pressure and set up his blockers and rushers more often. He also needs to stop being so flat footed all the time.

Tannenhill is GOOD right now, not great. He has the potential to be great though.

Agree with most of your post. I will say that I don't really get all the Alex Smith Comparisons. Consider this, in Alex Smith's 10 years he's never posted the stats Tannehill will post in his 3rd year. Also, in Alex Smith's 3rd year - he was pretty much garbage. It's safe to say that Alex Smith's Ceiling IS Alex Smith, Tannehill's is much higher.

Every time I have mentioned that comparison I have also followed it up with Tannehill has much more potential, but doesn't seem like people want to read that part of it...LOL The meaning is Like Smith at this point in Tannehill's career he needs players around him. He doesn't do enough to carry the team on his shoulders and I haven't seen him make players around him better. I hold out hope that he can, as I like the progressions he has made. But between what I have already mentioned and the 20 yard box he plays in he is more of a game manager at this stage in his career. I am not the only one that has made the comparison, as several of the national talking heads have done it as well.

Well, that puts me in the Majority and I would venture to say with 180 posts places you in the Minority. You are entitled to your opinion though.

I actually work with a guy who makes predictions and takes hardline stances and despite there inaccuracy - never waivers. If it makes you feel any better nobody likes that guy either, but If he ever found out I'm sure the feelings would be mutual (He's that kind of guy too.) :chuckle:

Glad you could get that "mediocre" flame job off your chest.

Yes, that pass in the sand lot where he can stand there and throw whenever he wants and to his receiver who is running in an empty field.

Last I check, the packers lost a game or 4 along the way -- so to continue with your logic, you are up for cutting Rodgers? Oy

So I guess after Tannehill and the offense gave the Phins the lead to go up 28-20 in the 4th quarter, then the Defense does what it does best and goes out and IMMEDIATELY gives up the lead AND the 2 point conversion to tie the game, Landry fumbles the KO return, and the great Defense lets the Vikings take the lead on the very first play getting run over to give up the lead...

Who/What unit had to bail out the defense again? Oh Tannehill and the offense on an 11 play 80 yard drive

And dont give me the defense won the game, it was the Special Teams unit that blocked a punt thanks to a bad snap that hit the ground skipping to the punter leading to the delayed kick
i agree w you w one caveat - wake's sack set up the blocked punt. So while the D did suck ass our big time defender made a big time play - after Thill and the O bailed them out. Wake doesn't get that sack we probably don't block the punt. And Tannehill and the O likely come down the field and win it anyway :). It was a team finish though.

Back
Top Bottom