Armando Salguero: Ryan Tannehill proving he is future of franchise | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Ryan Tannehill proving he is future of franchise

Shut up. Just the heck up and admit you were wrong on RT. All your "happy adjusting" has now turned to happy spinning.

Just shut the heck up and talk about things you know. Like betting on teams.

Because you sure don't know what it takes to play QB in this century. The more you talk and happily spin, the more it becomes evident that you haven't played or coached the game anytime in the last 50 years.

LD

Why don't you argue the merits of his comments? C'mon....let's hear your brilliant rebuttal...

Why don't you argue the merits of his comments? C'mon....let's hear your brilliant rebuttal...

There's no point, really. You can poke holes in someone's argument, but if they're the sort of person who just drives by each thread once and never stops for a back and forth, there's really no point.

Incidentally, everyone who disagrees with me is a ****ing idiot. Just FYI.

Its kind of funny that all opposing teams fan bases believe we have a qb. You would think our own fan base would know what **** looks like. We have been watching white dog **** throw turds all over the field for the past 15 years until we finally took a qb in the first round.

There's no point, really. You can poke holes in someone's argument, but if they're the sort of person who just drives by each thread once and never stops for a back and forth, there's really no point.

Incidentally, everyone who disagrees with me is a ****ing idiot. Just FYI.

Have you seen what the back and forths turn into in here?

There's really no point. It's probably one of the most uncivil things on the internet.

Have you seen what the back and forths turn into in here?

There's really no point. It's probably one of the most uncivil things on the internet.

I sent in a special comedy sensing robot to check on the irony levels of this post, but upon scrolling down to this point, it simply burst into flames. I think we might have to do that thing they did at Chernobyl to check out the elephant's foot and use an angled mirror around the corner.

I sent in a special comedy sensing robot to check on the irony levels of this post, but upon scrolling down to this point, it simply burst into flames. I think we might have to do that thing they did at Chernobyl to check out the elephant's foot and use an angled mirror around the corner.

OMG Wanny :lol:

:lol: post of the month right here! :lol:

Read the threads. His "merits" have been thoroughly smashed with regard to RT's play.

And in response, the goalposts keep getting moved.

When you argue with someone whose premise is flawed, smashed, and exposed and they don't own it, anything you engage after that is just masochism. Fundamentally dishonest and not worth the time.

Like nailing jelly to a wall. I'd rather argue w. someone who's straight up and full of football knowledge. Someone w. a backbone who can admit when they're wrong.

LD

I agree with what your saying, but there as far as fans go, but there are two sides of the fence. Just as you say there are fans that made up their mind that Tannehill is not the guy, there are just as many if not more that have made up their mind that because he wears a Dolphins jersey he is the guy and they also spend the next three years trying to prove a point.

Personally I am on the fence. I think he's the best QB since Marino but I am not 100% sold he can carry this team where we all want them to be. I think he's a QB that if the right pieces are around him then Miami has a chance. I haven't seen where he makes players better yet. I see a lot of good things in him, but I see a lot of improvement needed as well. I know this is only his third year, and I have never said he needs to go, as I don't see a better option in the near future. I think right now he is Alex Smith but has more potential. I like that he has shown improvement each year, so I am hopeful that will continue. I do think Miami should work on a new contract with him now. I don't think he's worth top tier QB $$$$ but believe he's in that second tier.

I look at him just as I do everyone on the team with a critical eye, because I am tired of being middle of the road. I know many will read this and because I am not shaking the pom poms I am a hater, because there seemingly isn't a middle ground around here, it's either you wear aqua colored glasses or you are a hater, but it's just not the case. I love my Dolphins, and root for them each week no matter what, but we still seem stuck in the same rut as always...middle of the road.

Agree with most of your post. I will say that I don't really get all the Alex Smith Comparisons. Consider this, in Alex Smith's 10 years he's never posted the stats Tannehill will post in his 3rd year. Also, in Alex Smith's 3rd year - he was pretty much garbage. It's safe to say that Alex Smith's Ceiling IS Alex Smith, Tannehill's is much higher.

Agree with most of your post. I will say that I don't really get all the Alex Smith Comparisons. Consider this, in Alex Smith's 10 years he's never posted the stats Tannehill will post in his 3rd year. Also, in Alex Smith's 3rd year - he was pretty much garbage. It's safe to say that Alex Smith's Ceiling IS Alex Smith, Tannehill's is much higher.

Actually, Alex Smith was pretty special in the 2011 post-season and in 2012 before he got hurt. That's one of the reasons why I think Jim Harbaugh is such an exceptional coach -- the kind of play he can get out of the QB position regardless of who he has lining up under center.

You need to keep in mind that right now in KC, Alex Smith is being asked to play very conservative football behind a bad offensive line with bad wide receivers. He is actually in a very similar situation to Ryan Tannehill, save that while Mike Wallace is better than Dwayne Bowe, we don't have anyone comparable to Charles or Kelce.

Actually, Alex Smith was pretty special in the 2011 post-season and in 2012 before he got hurt. That's one of the reasons why I think Jim Harbaugh is such an exceptional coach -- the kind of play he can get out of the QB position regardless of who he has lining up under center.

You need to keep in mind that right now in KC, Alex Smith is being asked to play very conservative football behind a bad offensive line with bad wide receivers. He is actually in a very similar situation to Ryan Tannehill, save that while Mike Wallace is better than Dwayne Bowe, we don't have anyone comparable to Charles or Kelce.

Ahhh, I'm not getting the Alex Smith hate at all. All he does is win football games with minimal mistakes and is very efficient. I'd take him any day

Ahhh, I'm not getting the Alex Smith hate at all. All he does is win football games with minimal mistakes and is very efficient. I'd take him any day

He has been surrounded by crap most of his career. He's also suffered from awful coaching for most of it, too.

Between 2011 and 2012, the two years he was in San Francisco under Harbaugh, he started 25 regular season games. In those games, he completed 65% of his passes, at 7.4 yards per pass attempt, with 4.5% of his throws going for touchdowns and just 1.5% of them being intercepted. Statistically, that's an outstanding stretch of play. And his only two legit receiving weapons were Davis and Crabtree.

In KC, he's just asked to avoid turnovers. That's his job, and while you could argue that that's not very impressive, the truth is that when you look at the quarterbacks who have had the lowest interception percentages over the course of a season over the past ten years, Smith owns like three of the top ten performances. So that's why the Alex Smith talk is sort of a red herring, I think.

Also, here is Alex Smith's career post-season statline: 58% completions, 9 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 7.66 yards per attempt, passer rating 108.6, with 15 rushes for 127 yards and a touchdown. That's ten touchdowns in three games in run-first offenses. Not bad, eh?

We are not talking about someone like Andy Dalton, who has never managed the same level of efficiency numbers that Smith has over the past four years, despite having MUCH more offensive talent to work. Dalton has also been completely horrible in the post-season, completing 57% of his passes for 5.84 yards per attempt, one touchdown, and 6 interceptions. Passer rating of 56.2.

When people talk about Alex Smith, they do not know what they are talking about. He has not only played very efficient football since escaping from the vacuum of complete coaching suck that was the 2005-2010 San Francisco 49ers, but he has been legitimately good in the playoffs when it matters the most.

Unusual game in many respects. The Vikings were strangely passive in the secondary all day, but the linemen took aggressive shots at Tannehill whenever they could, including a few cheapies. He did a great job at bouncing back up.

The only play I was disappointed in was taking the sack on our final possession. Terrible instincts. You simply can't do that. Far more often than not it would be fatal. The odds shift dramatically on one play. Actually, that sack probably would have been decisive if not for the handsy approach of Xavier Rhodes two plays later. He didn't seem to notice that the referees were determined to flag anything in the secondary.

Pro-football-reference has a win probability metric which shows your chance of winning after every play and it went from 21% down to 3.5% after that sack.

Back
Top Bottom