Armando Salguero summed up O-line philosophy perfectly | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero summed up O-line philosophy perfectly

A little off topic but has anyone else noticed that over the last year or 2, Mando has actually become a credible reporter and analyst?

Considering that a few years back, he was neck and neck with Omar as 2 of the most disdainful clowns in local journalism, now that he's left Omar in the dust, IMO props are in order and well-deserved.

The biggest difference is the offensive line coach. He might be the best offensive line coach the game has ever seen. It's no secret that they were dominant on the line again the year he came back out of retirement.

The secret is having a QB that can throw the ball very quick because A Bellicheat is a genius at designing quick routes and B Brady is the quickest decision maker ever at QB. With that kind of offense you only need average OL that can hold 1.5 to 2 seconds. We have better talent at WR, but our RBs cant move on the passing game the way NEs RBs can and our QB is really slow at his decision making so following their footprint is a receipt for disaster. However, Gase knows it and he will adjust accordingly. Problem is that it will be a lot harder for Gase to design a succesful offense because he does not have Brady and his RBs and TEs have different skill sets.

QUOTE=BlueFin;1065976892]I believe you draft guards...and only first round if special like Zach Martin.

[video=youtube;fwTrxDHp6TQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTrxDHp6TQ[/video][[/QUOTE]

Damn that's some pretty stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off topic but has anyone else noticed that over the last year or 2, Mando has actually become a credible reporter and analyst?

Considering that a few years back, he was neck and neck with Omar as 2 of the most disdainful clowns in local journalism, now that he's left Omar in the dust, IMO props are in order and well-deserved.

Agree with you. Mando has gotten better while Omar......well hes still Omar!

But teams can spend a 1st or 2nd on a LT. This is acceptable. So Miami should use a 1st or 2nd on a LT ... then move him to guard :brewskis: Lamp or Freeny sounds good.

It's tough because there is only so much money to spend. Teams have to know where to allocate the funds.

Looking at the Patriots, New England has been pretty flexible depending on the players available, who they have in-house etc. Traditionally, they haven't spent much on wide receiver, running back or the offensive line. Also, as others have noted, the Patriots will let high priced players go such as Richard Seymour and Chandler Jones, both who were at the top of their games.

Another note on NE, though, they have the best coach and quarterback combination in the salary cap era. That has remained the same through all the changes the team has made.

Miami needs to chart their own course. While I understand the philosophy on the guard position going with serviceable players there could end up really hurting the team. The AFC East has some of the best defensive tackles in football and the Dolphins play six games in the division. If you can't match-up physically, the running game will suffer and that's a big key for Miami's success.

We will see. I do trust Gase.

Dont forget that the Patriots have one of the best O-line coach in the NFL. Also our history of drafting O-line players is not that great (not counting 1rst Round players). Dont forget that the scouting dept. is mostly intact, so unless we spend a first or second round on a OG (specially is this weak OG class) we may not get a starter, which we really need.

This! I remember a game we had against them Christmas Eve 2011. Solder got hurt, Mankins, a long time guard, slid out to LT and Dolphins retread Donald Thomas was plugged in T Mankins G spot. We kicked that lines ass until just about the end of the first half. Than they figured it out and came back and won. I was amazed at how they went from dissarray to competence so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mando is good when he's reporting on inside info or the vibe he gets from his connections. Where he becomes a twat is when he starts inflating his own ego.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... A GOOD OC should be able to scheme around one average guard play. Now the Guards can't be totally inept like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner were... But I think they were actually Tackles made to play guard but didn't have the strength to do so. Sign a strong stout natural guard and let Gase do his thing.

Back
Top Bottom