Armando Salguero: Taylor demands trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Taylor demands trade

What an incredibly ridiculous analogy.

Comparing family to football players? FOOTBALL PLAYERS?

face it, fans root for the uniform and not the person. There are plenty of players in the league who give it their all but you don't respect those players. Because you root for the uniform.

If Ray Lewis was a dolphin all his career you people would be giving him all the breaks and have his sticky posters in your bedroom. I can name a hundred players on other teams, and rivals saying the same thing.

You'd all have major mancrushes on Brady if he was drafted by Miami and you wouldn't have all this hate towards him.. The only difference is the uniform..

I got news for you, these football players could care less about you or me personally.

:D

Oh my goodness.

You must not've been around during Marino's last season.

Man, some of you people are harsh. Jason gave us his best football for the greater part of his career. He's a bum? He's a joke? Please, save that spit.

I want to move him too, as much as anybody. But he's given so much to this team, for any dolfan to disrespect him like that.. they are the only joke around here.

:D

Oh my goodness.

You must not've been around during Marino's last season.

Ya and if Marino was a Raider all his career you wouldn't care.

And if Favre was a dolphin all his career and retired last season you would have been all wishy washy.

That proves my point. You root for the uniform and not the person.

And FYI, it is written in players contracts that they have to give 100% of their abilities to the organization.. So I don't know why people are amazed by a player giving it their all. They get paid VERY good money to do so. That's exactly what they're SUPPOSED to do.

And if Favre was a dolphin all his career and retired last season you would have been all wishy washy.

This proves my point. You root for the uniform and not the person.

------------------------------------------------

Sir, I was on your side.

You are obviously over 50 y/o.

There are more "JT" and, "ZT" fans now than "Dolphins" fans.

And FYI, it is written in players contracts that they have to give 100% of their abilities to the organization.. So I don't know why people are amazed by a player giving it their all. They get paid VERY good money to do so. That's exactly what they're SUPPOSED to do.

Baloney I would say most on here respect the hell out of Farve no matter what uniform he suited up in.

Right, I root for a uniform, and any player who dons that uniform. So for a phenomenal player like JT to spend his entire career in a Dolphin uniform and play pro bowl caliber football for my team, I appreciate him a great deal, as any fan should. He made our uniform look good. Thus, earning him the respect of (most)dolfans.

For you to talk about him like he's dirt, and then call yourself a dolfan is nothing short of disgraceful sir. I think you need to learn to be a bit more grateful.

I want a 2nd or 3rd for him this year and a 3rd next year with an escalator clause.

Cool.. Now the fools who don't want to trade an old Jason Taylor, even though we are a 1-15 team, can be put to rest.

Trade him before he plays another year and becomes worthless like Zach did !

Trade the Bum !!

yea, your a true fan buddy,... trade the bum..JT has been the face of this franchise and nothing but class for this team and it's fans and your gonna call him a bum.. idiot

On what football team is it OK to skip out on the off-season workouts that the rest of the team is going through in order to crawl out of a 1-15 hole? Is he above having responsibility to the team because he's a great player and our only superstar? I don't think so. Maybe I'm old school, but it isn't right, no matter who he is and what he's done for the team.

If Sparano and Ireland and Parcells gave him the cold shoulder, it's because he deserved it. His Hollywood career is more important to him than the team. Now he doesn't even want to be on the team because of what he brought on himself. I'm sorry; the TEAM is what's important. I love him, too, but for the good of the team he has to go.

BS "worst fans". Maybe we have the worst players. If this Salguero story is true, JT is a royal arse. If you want out, get out. Just ask. Dont make the organization look like they did something to entice you to go.
:rolleyes2: The worst thing we have is definitely the fan base. Ridiculous.

Salguero is so wrong so often, I don't buy a word he says. He was on 790 The Ticket earlier this week claiming that RB was the highest paid position outside of QB. 2 minutes of fact checking by the host showed that RB was 4th.

I know I've went on record here a bunch of times saying that, out of respect for JT and ZT I don't think either one of them should be/have been traded.

However, what I want to ask everyone here is: do you honestly believe a word of that article? Did we actually hear these words come out of Jason Taylor's mouth? I have never ever actually heard him speak poorly of our organization. If its in print, if your best friends, uncle's, brother's hook up told you...whatever the case may be. If you yourself haven't heard these words come out of his mouth why are you all so quick to crucify him. I'd hate to have this board be the jury in my trial.

Yes, we root for the uniform, yes they get paid more money than most of us will see in our whole lives to play their hardest, again...whatever. Bottom line is I respect their contributions to the team I have chosen to support. If you see an actor play a funny role in a movie you say "they are so funny in that movie" not "the person that wrote those lines for them is so funny". I respect ability regardless of what team its on, the difference is I cherish it when it is for my team, and I respect it a whole lot more when it gets my team closer to the super bowl. That is what JT has done for us his whole career and that is why we as fans owe him more respect than anyone seems to give him.

Oh and while we're on the subject who gives a flying **** if JT wants to go on DWTS in the offseason, he'll be there for training camp, and he'll out perform 90% of the people there. If he wants to go lay the ground work for a future career in Hollywood when he's done playing let him, if it affects this team then make a stink over it.

I'm so tired of Salguero pretending to be a reporter. Can't he just **** off back to whichever nursing home newsletter he was writing for before this gig.

Back
Top Bottom