Armando: Slow starts must stop | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Slow starts must stop

I just don't understand how Ross can be so blind. Philbins failure is as blinding as staring directly into the sun.

I wish no ill will on Philbin. He's just not head coaching material. He's probably good at charting plays and making a gameplan, but he has no feel for the game once the bullets are flying and he doesn't adjust to the other team's gameplan quickly enough (if at all).
He can't come up with effective strategies on the fly.

I wish no ill will on Philbin. He's just not head coaching material. He's probably good at charting plays and making a gameplan, but he has no feel for the game once the bullets are flying and he doesn't adjust to the other team's gameplan quickly enough (if at all).
He can't come up with effective strategies on the fly.
this

Phailbin has never handed the reigns to Tannehill and he likely never will, and since Phailbins concepts don't work, Tannehill will never reach the level of player I know he can be. As most of us know, Phailbin is the weakest link on this team and is holding the team back immensely.

Actually Tannehill could audible as a rookie and we know he did so as early as his 3rd game against the Jets, in OT no less. We know because when Sherman was getting lambasted for throwing it deep when we were already in field goal range to win the game and his response was he didn't call that ****; Tannehill audibled out of what he called. Same thing happened at the end of the Bills game on the sack/fumble. Sherman said he called a run.

So Philbin never had an issue with Tannehill audibling under Sherman. We don't know if he's allowed to or not under Lazor but as Gruden was explaining during the Eagles game Bradford and the rest of the offense has a half a dozen options on most plays.

1. Slow starts
2. Yielding points after scoring
3. Never creating multiple turnovers
4. Not finishing
5. NEVER the more fired up team

The characteristics of a Joe Philbin team. It is not just starting slow.

Also, when discussing the sacks Sherman took some of the responsibility saying some of them were due to him not allowing Tannehill to audible during the first 15 or so scripted plays. Which further suggests Tannehill had free will to audible the rest of the game.

As alarming as the bad starts are in Mando's article, look at those games he listed they were UP, but could not finish.

Also, how many articles have been written about Joe's teams not starting off fast? LOL. Almost as many about Joe changing his personality and building more relationships with players.

Just change the date on the article and you are good to go.

Terrible coach.

I heard Armando on WGR Buffalo this week and he spoke about the mental make up of the Dolphins and said they were soft. I tend to agree.

Exactly. I have a feeling that Rex will have his players ready, Joe won't. Both teems need this win for different reasons. We'll see.

Exactly. I have a feeling that Rex will have his players ready, Joe won't. Both teems need this win for different reasons. We'll see.

Today will show what leadership means from each respect coach.

Part of the discussion for the next coach is what kind of culture can they great in terms of being mentally tough.

Bottom line is, if you have a QB like Tannehill and defensive players like Wake, Jones, Grimes and Suh and you don't make the playoffs, it's always on the coaches. And changes need to be made there.

Actually Tannehill could audible as a rookie and we know he did so as early as his 3rd game against the Jets, in OT no less. We know because when Sherman was getting lambasted for throwing it deep when we were already in field goal range to win the game and his response was he didn't call that ****; Tannehill audibled out of what he called. Same thing happened at the end of the Bills game on the sack/fumble. Sherman said he called a run.

So Philbin never had an issue with Tannehill audibling under Sherman. We don't know if he's allowed to or not under Lazor but as Gruden was explaining during the Eagles game Bradford and the rest of the offense has a half a dozen options on most plays.

I know Tannehill has audibled in the past. I was referring to consistently. Tannehill rarely ever audibles and I believe that's a function of Philbin. I would like to see more no huddles to but we don't do that as much as we need to. When we do it seems like we are successful

Back
Top Bottom