Armando: Some players complaining about Thursday padded practices | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Some players complaining about Thursday padded practices

Maybe we have sucked for so many years because players just sign with Miami so they can enjoy South Beach and the warm weather etc. Just like an extended vacation but get paid big money for it and not giving a damn about how they do playing football. Maybe football is like a highly paid hobby for them?

A coach who has his players respect and attention typically does not need to give an explanation of why the team is doing something and when an explanation is necessary the coach's reply completely accepted by the team in the end.

Joe has none of that going on right now.

i dont comprehend this at all... dont you want to strap up and prepare?

whining doesnt prepare you, blaming wearing pads and hitting on Thursdays is making you come out flat in games, slow starts??? no... desire, and yearn, brings out fast starts... playing aggressive with technique does as well.

as a kid, and in college, i hated not practicing, if practices got cancelled, or what not. i loved studying, working and prepping, and had great coaches throughout wh had us well prepared for gameday. we were constantly in pads and working. i know we were younger, and NFL is much more physical and effects the body condition more, but come on... where are these guys roots of the game, they need to find them and go back to them... stop whining.

BEAR BRYANT:
"It's not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." — Paul "Bear" Bryant

From Drew Magary of Deadspin: One Throwgasm

Jets at Dolphins (in London): If the Dolphins just leave Joe Philbin stranded in London, what are the odds that he could figure out his way back to America? I bet he would ask three people the way home, and then give up, and then settle down in the Cotswolds and take up gnome carving. http://deadspin.com/i-tried-daily-f...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
26586fa75b92328f4c97cce872e8b2df-1.jpg

He'd probably call Crowder for directions

they need to practice hitting after the buffalo game, hell they need all of the practice they can get, my grandma tackle better than the dolphins. And they need to complain about spending all of that free loot they picked up because they sure didn't earn it. they need to tell the NFLPA that.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Suh needs to play like he's getting paid "Big Time".

Hang on...are people on here believing what Armando is writing????????

Ha!
The Don or Jimmy Johnson would have then running gassers after 2 hours of hitting for complaining. This team needs Jim Harbaugh so badly.
Philbin has them so soft, no wonder they cannot compete.
He has lost the teams respect.

Shulas famous "12 min. run" in that heat after every practice!!

this tells us all we need to know about the 2015 miami dolphins

soft

mentally weak

takes on the personality of the head coach

quick to quit

whiners & complainers

when the going gets tough, quit

---

this is 100% the fault of philbin. he's created this culture. won't let anyone in the building with some dog in them. even suh is playing like a soft little bitch this year. and he's never been a dog. he's been a dirty snake. screw this team.

i dont comprehend this at all... dont you want to strap up and prepare?

whining doesnt prepare you, blaming wearing pads and hitting on Thursdays is making you come out flat in games, slow starts??? no... desire, and yearn, brings out fast starts... playing aggressive with technique does as well.

as a kid, and in college, i hated not practicing, if practices got cancelled, or what not. i loved studying, working and prepping, and had great coaches throughout wh had us well prepared for gameday. we were constantly in pads and working. i know we were younger, and NFL is much more physical and effects the body condition more, but come on... where are these guys roots of the game, they need to find them and go back to them... stop whining.

BEAR BRYANT:
"It's not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." — Paul "Bear" Bryant

Yeah, I don't get it either.

They were just HUMILIATED in their home opener.

If there was just ONE week in the year that they would WANT to practice hard, it should have been this week.

If they, or someone on the team, felt that practices were too rough after getting CLOBBERED a week before,

that means whoever complained is NEVER really going to be into this.

This team is laying down. They don't respect the coach and all the assistants hearts aren't in it since they know they will all be gone after the season. Like Morono's last year.

Unreal!
Our two sons, who are only 5 and 7, play soccer and they know the importance of practice!
They know every player/team gets better every week and you also need to practice to get better to keep up.

You know what? My 7 year old played the "best" team in their league this past Sunday and his team kick their butt!
You know why? Because they practice and keep getting better.

Should I tell my sons to take it easy in practice? Maybe walk instead of run and skip the shin guards....
OR
Should Miami's players put their darn pads on and do a real practice?

Don't the Phins want to get better? Don't they want to win? Don't they get paid for this?

I'm going to send my son's soccer coach down to give a speech about the importance of practice!
He got a team of non-paid players practicing like it's a real game! LOL

(Disclaimer: I have had lots of coffee today and I'm excited it's Friday!) :brewskis:

I think the soft team is independent of the soft coach...both may be soft but they both got there on their own.

I'm not so sure about that.... I know the roster isn't at all the same, but when Sporano was coach, even during the 1-15 season, opponents would often comment and commend Miami on being extremely physical and tough. Now-a-days I bet opponents can't wait to play us as it equates to a light workout.

I've seen a complete change in the mindset and culture since JP has taken the helm. He treats games like his team is playing in a library... the entire squad has adapted his soft, quiet and meek mentality.

****. I'd take $150,000 a year to do twice what they do

Back
Top Bottom