Armando: Some players complaining about Thursday padded practices | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Some players complaining about Thursday padded practices

I don't know that I can blame this on Joe, but I also don't see how this speaks well of him.

I grew up watching this team in the 70's and 80's under Shula. At the time, I couldn't understand why some of the doormat teams were so bad year in and year out despite high draft picks.
Now I do. It's coaching coaching coaching. Mental attitude is instilled by the HC.
This is 100% on philbin. For the good of the team I wish he would pull a John Boehner.

From Drew Magary of Deadspin: One Throwgasm

Jets at Dolphins (in London): If the Dolphins just leave Joe Philbin stranded in London, what are the odds that he could figure out his way back to America? I bet he would ask three people the way home, and then give up, and then settle down in the Cotswolds and take up gnome carving. http://deadspin.com/i-tried-daily-f...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
26586fa75b92328f4c97cce872e8b2df-1.jpg

Talk about soft. Maybe they ought to stay in London and be renamed the Sillynannies.

What has happened to this sport? Can you imagine players from the Ditka era complaining like this? One day of padded practice and it's too much?

Every team in the NFL would complain like this if the HC permitted it.

I don't know that I can blame this on Joe, but I also don't see how this speaks well of him.

It's not on Joe that he is making them practice in pads and actually.....wait for it......perhaps hit and tackle each other. I actually appreciate that he has done this and I hope they practice tackling amongst other things that I have seen these past few weeks, because we have somehow lost our ability to make a tackle.

What I would put on Joe......is listening to the complaining and then consideringr altering his practice time to accommodate whoever is crying about it. Joe is going to get fired....and if it were me....I would be doing everything possible to get this ship turned around as quickly as possible. So Joe apparently feels that extra hard practice is a good thing right now and schedules it.....and then starts to back away from it over a few complaints by the players who are the ones who aren't playing hard to begin with.....unbelievable!!!

This isn't a relationship issue between players and coach. This is a weak minded coach who has spoiled his players to the point that the inmates are now running the asylum.

The players don't dislike or hate Joe....they love him! Why wouldn't they if he lets them dictate how he operates.

I'm thoroughly disgusted by this story.

This team is SOFT as butter,,,,maybe we need to bring in a disciplinarian HC like Gruden or Cowher to come in and fix things. You know Philbin puts zero fear in the players.

This team is SOFT as butter,,,,maybe we need to bring in a disciplinarian HC like Gruden or Cowher to come in and fix things. You know Philbin puts zero fear in the players.

Gruden and Cowher have nice stress free cushy gigs. They are not coming back, ever.

You know what Shula would do if they complained about practicing for two hours in pads. He'd make them run wind sprints for one hour after practice and he'd run with them. Czonka said as much.. Shula was a freaking czar. Philbin is elmer fudd.

More million dollar crybabies. For God sake stop being a bunch of sissies and man up for once. Whoever is doing the whining needs to be cut from the team. No use for wussies.

The pussification of the NFL started when the union fought and won when they did not want two-a-days anymore. Then they won when they wanted very few practices that allowed hitting. These wimps of todays NFL would not survive in the Shula camps of the 70's.

And this is why this team is bad year after year after year. They don't love football.

Back
Top Bottom