Armando suggests we could trade our 1st this year AND next years first to get Joeckel | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando suggests we could trade our 1st this year AND next years first to get Joeckel

Ireland really wants to make a splash and impress the fans so trading both 1sts for a LT makes perfect sense. Nothing spells excitement like drafting the same lineman twice! HAHA these reporters are ridiculous.

I just don't understand how Armando still has a job. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but my god, you would think that a beat writer would know what he is talking about. I feel like he is just trolling us.

So glad i don't have to hear him on the radio anymore.

The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to "make calls" if Texas A&M LT Luke Joeckel slips to the No. 3 overall pick.

It's not out of the question that Eric Fisher goes first and Ziggy Ansah or Dion Jordan goes second, leaving Joeckel at No. 3. The Raiders are open to all trade offers and certainly would listen. The Herald's Armando Salguero suggests the Fins would have to surrender their 2014 first-rounder to move from 12 to 3, which would be a tougher sell if contract-year GM Jeff Ireland wasn't so desperate.

Dead serious if we give up next year's first to move up in this draft at all, I am going to go crazy. None of these players are worth our next years first rounder.

You're going to go crazy? Really? How would that change anything at all. I love my football and my Dolphins, but if they did this, I would be upset, but not go crazy, I won't let something like this upset me, to where I would go crazy and lose it.

You're going to go crazy? Really? How would that change anything at all. I love my football and my Dolphins, but if they did this, I would be upset, but not go crazy, I won't let something like this upset me, to where I would go crazy and lose it.

You really ought to take things more literally around here.

This actually makes sense to me considering Jeffy knows next year is not guaranteed to him, why not use next years resources to make sure you are alive to see next year? It would be a selfish move, but this has happened before. When Wannstedt was in charge I think he or Spielman or both traded a 2nd round pick in the following years draft for a 3rd round pick in the current draft - with New England no less.

this would be pretty standard value at the least but i pray we dont do that

I understand giving up 2014 first round pick sounds painful. But ignoring that for a second... The thought of having Joeckle in the first while keeping our 2nds and 3rds this year sounds pretty damn awesome. Lets also not forget, if things go well for the fins that 14' first rounder could and SHOULD be in the 20's at least.

I'd only make this deal if we can parlay our extra picks this year for another first next year. At that point, why not? You don't end up in cap hell with Albert, you get Joeckel, and you'd get a first back anyway. Think of it as spare picks for Joeckel. If that's realistic, do it, otherwise move on.

I understand giving up 2014 first round pick sounds painful. But ignoring that for a second... The thought of having Joeckle in the first while keeping our 2nds and 3rds this year sounds pretty damn awesome. Lets also not forget, if things go well for the fins that 14' first rounder could and SHOULD be in the 20's at least.

I also don't think this is so bad but only for Joeckle. He's familiar with Sherman and his system and Ryan would immediately feel protected by him. To me this is MUCH better than giving up a 2nd for an older, far less talented, and more expensive Albert. It would suck not having a 1st next year but we've got so many picks left this year we should be able to move around and fill needs plus maybe get a pick for next year. I doubt this happens but honestly for Joeckle I'd be cool with it.

Back
Top Bottom