Armando suggests we could trade our 1st this year AND next years first to get Joeckel | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando suggests we could trade our 1st this year AND next years first to get Joeckel

I dont think next year's number one would be enough anyway. Future first round picks are worth less

If they are talking our 1 this yr and our 1 next year, I'd be tempted. That would be like giving them a 2nd this year.

well, look at it this way, we are gauranteed not to take an OL in the first round next year! :)

I dont think next year's number one would be enough anyway. Future first round picks are worth less

A future pick is worth one round less this year or so they say.

This trade would probably be our extra 2nd and 3rd plus this years and next years one's.

Far to rich for my blood.

its either that or we are giving up our 2 seconds and one of the thirds and maybe a fifth.

maybe it is joeckel and Swope! lol

the more and more i hear about salguero, the more i want to punch him the neck

A future pick is worth one round less this year or so they say.

This trade would probably be our extra 2nd and 3rd plus this years and next years one's.

Far to rich for my blood.

If it involved our 12 and next years one I might take it. I dont like trading future first rounders. Hell Tannehill could break leg and Moore who knows what he does and bam we have number one pick. Its not like KC was a shoo in for number one pick this time last year

:err: now that I've given up trying to make that comment make any kind of sense, I wouldnt make fun of the idea of Joeckel actually happening. It's not all that hard to believe. Not sure why anyone would laugh or actually get mad at this report like it came out of thin air. We have a top LT from a school we have ties to on a team who's biggest need is LT. What am I missing? What makes this so hard to fathom? Oh and :lol: @ the bolded statement. :D

:err: now that I've given up trying to make that comment make any kind of sense, I wouldnt make fun of the idea of Joeckel actually happening. It's not all that hard to believe. Not sure why anyone would laugh or actually get mad at this report like it came out of thin air. We have a top LT from a school we have ties to on a team who's biggest need is LT. What am I missing? What makes this so hard to fathom? Oh and :lol: @ the bolded statement. :D

Anytime u trade a future first its almost like trading this years second. How many times have u seen a team trade next years first for a second round pick

It makes perfect sense. Future first round picks are worth less than current first round picks. Draft picks, like money. have a value based on time.

I make you an offer. You will give me $10,000 right now, and in return I will give you $10,010 dollars a year from now. We sign a contract and you know for a fact that I will be good for it, as I won the lottery and I am receiving annual payouts from the state. Do you take me up on my offer? No? Why not? You'll be making ten dollars.

How about draft picks. I am the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills, and I ask you for your #20 overall pick. I promise you my first round draft pick next year. Your pick is #20 overall. My team hasn't won a playoff game since the Clinton administration and my starting quarterback is probably going to be Kevin Kolb. I have 90 million dollars tied up in a mediocre defensive lineman. There is no way my pick won't be better than #20 overall.

Do you take my offer?

Anytime u trade a future first its almost like trading this years second. How many times have u seen a team trade next years first for a second round pick
Too many times, too many times. It almost always comes back to bite them in the ass too. A 1st next year is worth a guaranteed top 32 pick which is roughly worth 32 spots higher than your guaranteed 2nd round pick. I've always thought that rationale was silly at best. I guarantee you next years first round will yield more talent than this years 2nd. That wasnt the point tho. The point was you said it was WORTHLESS. As in it had no worth and by your own admission its worth a 2nd this year.

I'll tell you what. If this pick goes down or any type of trade up for an OT. I'm staying off this site for a week or more... Impossible to enjoy any OLine pick up with the vitriol on this site regarding the position.

It makes perfect sense. Future first round picks are worth less than current first round picks. Draft picks, like money. have a value based on time.

I make you an offer. You will give me $10,000 right now, and in return I will give you $10,010 dollars a year from now. We sign a contract and you know for a fact that I will be good for it, as I won the lottery and I am receiving annual payouts from the state. Do you take me up on my offer? No? Why not? You'll be making ten dollars.

How about draft picks. I am the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills, and I ask you for your #20 overall pick. I promise you my first round draft pick next year. Your pick is #20 overall. My team hasn't won a playoff game since the Clinton administration and my starting quarterback is probably going to be Kevin Kolb. I have 90 million dollars tied up in a mediocre defensive lineman. There is no way my pick won't be better than #20 overall.

Do you take my offer?
You just wasted your time with that perfectly good example. Sorry for the misunderstanding but I'm not confused on what the perception of a future draft pick is. The point was its not worthless. That's like me saying I'm not giving you 10000 today because your 10100 is worthless in the future. Which given our economy makes more sense than a future first being worthless. Ohhh you meant worth less :lol: that does make sense lol. My apologies, I read it as worthless. As in no worth.

Back
Top Bottom