Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve

They tried that in the 2014 draft with Arthur Lynch, Turner, Tripp and crew. Here we sit in 2018, still looking for that leadership.

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/7305/dolphins-draft-wrap-up

The similarities? Limp wristed coaches that got rid of alpha personalities because the couldn't deal with them. So again, the root of the problem is the HC. First Ajayi, now it looks like Landry yet he lets the guy that went AWOL back on the team. A week after taking his hard line stance by trading Ajayi he caved to the kneelers and let them do their thing. No one is going to stick their neck out for that coach. Why would they? He may trade them if they become too vocal.

This team hasn't had leadership either in the locker room or on the sideline since Philbin jettisoned them all off. Gase IMO is proving to be another Philbin in that he seems to be intimidated by strong personalities in the locker room.

Look I would love to see Wake be more of a leader too, but it's not his personality. He does enough for this team where I'm not going to criticize him just because he's generally quiet. It's up to the team to bring those guys in, it's not on Wake to be someone he's not.

Too much wrong with this 2017 team to list. Why bother doing the autopsy.
This season died of multiple organ failure.
Lets just move along to 2018.

Lack of leadership, lol...FML these beat writers. It couldn't have been a hurricane, a broken QB or a coked up offensive line coach. No, take a dump on the players collectively to fail to become glorified motivational speakers.

Dave+Chappelle.jpg

Word, Branden Albert's leadership vacuum is what messed up our season?

...Then kill yourself.

Collectively, when you got a band of morons, the following results will follow.

31st in Penalties. 2 years in a row.

Oh, last year, I see what you mean. Last year we had 3 first rounders, Bushrod was a pro bowler.
Last year we had one guy this coaching staff drafted in the 1st round, Tunsil. We lost our starting LG as Tunsil was switched to LT, so we added very low resources to fill that. We also had a horrible RG, and any analytical analysis or film review would confirm that ... and we re-signed him instead of upgrading. We added one low level FA in Larsen and one low draft pick (5th round) in Asiata, and picked up UDFA's ... that's not a big investment.

But hey, you go ahead, call it whatever you want man, it's your team.

I dodn't see much input from him. Just saw him chewing gum on the sideline

Yeah, that pissed me off too. Being around all the time and chewing gum while he was injured, really pissed me off.

I think it's just about time to get another QB so he can take full advantage of the abundance of talent we perpetually have. How he can continue to lose with overpowering defenses that are always at the top of the league in takeaways ( like that really matters) is beyond me.

I mean whenever we have that elite QB, we just pile up Super Bowl championships. History has shown clearly this is the case.

But hey, you go ahead, call it whatever you want man, it's your team.

Not meaning to disturb the precious narrative. There were three first rounders on the O-Line and a Pro Bowler. I agree, the LG positioned was filled with meh and the RG should've been let go the year before.

It’s amazing how much winning cures problems

Same lockerroom comes back with better QB play, less turmoil from all the crazy events, goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs . . . Then they all went to leaderhsip school in the offseason and Gase "matured".

This type of stuff is often overanalyzed, when usually it is as simple as wins and losses.

Not meaning to disturb the precious narrative. There were three first rounders on the O-Line and a Pro Bowler. I agree, the LG positioned was filled with meh and the RG should've been let go the year before.
I've tried to explain this to you three times now, the original time, and twice in replies. Here is my final attempt.

The entire post, the thrust of the discussion, and evaluation being performed was one of determining 1) what needed to be done in the last offseason period, 2) what should have been done in the last offseason period, and 3) what was not done in the last offseason period.

We allocate resources based on their ability to improve us and on our needs in conjunction with available assets. You don't like cornfed ... we get it. But that doesn't change the analysis. When you have a problem, it's just not prudent to sit around and say the last guy years ago made a mistake so we shouldn't do anything about it. The smart thing to do is fix it.

Back
Top Bottom