Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve

Three first rounders and a pro bowler, period. Oh, and a coke head hopped up on nasty hookers.

The coke head is gone. A chance that all three of those former first rounders will be gone in 2018. Almost certain one of the former Pro Bowlers will retire while the other one should seriously consider retiring.

Would be great to at least see an upgrade at LG and C.

I'm not sure why there is so much emphasis on how many first rounders there are on our OL?
Is it to highlight our ineptitude drafting or inability to develop?

I'm an old guy so I'll use our 1995 team for reference. We had tons of first round picks on that team plus a few first overall picks (I think) and it translated into us getting trounced in the first Rd and I think Buffalo ran for over 300 yards on us.

Doesn't matter where you're picked, you can either play or you can't.

I'm not sure why there is so much emphasis on how many first rounders there are on our OL?
Is it to highlight our ineptitude drafting or inability to develop?

I'm an old guy so I'll use our 1995 team for reference. We had tons of first round picks on that team plus a few first overall picks (I think) and it translated into us getting trounced in the first Rd and I think Buffalo ran for over 300 yards on us.

Doesn't matter where you're picked, you can either play or you can't.

Man that brings up bad memories. I was at that game. Under Shula this team would make the playoffs almost every year, but those playoff losses were tough to swallow..

Wake, Suh and Jones are perennial all-pros and true professionals. Calling them a “bunch of ‘me’ guys” because they’re introverts is pretty obtuse. I think you need a fourth eye.

Perennial all pro? Wake Suh and Jones? Can you add up all of their AP All pro teams they have been on sometime?

If you're counting pro bowls with four levels of injury replacement roster adds well this is not All pro.

Regardless being an all pro is vastly different than being a leader. This team would not look like this on the field if we had team leaders. Fact. No fourth eye needed to see that because it's plain as day.

he went awol one game. Im not sure how much leadership could help a team lacking in talent and coaching. Tannehill, the savior he is, was still on the team. I never saw him once rally the troops on the sideline He is the biggest waste of time
Dude, your hard-on is showing.

The need for leadership arises when you are losing AND you have immature, loud jokers in the locker room who are more vocal than most. You cannot let those type of guys be the only voices in the locker room. Someone who is respected, works hard and produces on the field has to step up and tell them to shut the **** up.

So Tannehill is not a leader but losing him for the year exposed the need for leadership? alrighty then.

You can't expect Tannehill to come in and take over when he's not even playing. They brought in the hot shot QB. Is Tannehill supposed to overshadow him and become the locker room leader while Jay sits in the corner? It doesn't work that way. For one, why would Tannehill be in the locker room that much? He was more likely in the trainers/rehab room.

Perennial all pro? Wake Suh and Jones? Can you add up all of their AP All pro teams they have been on sometime?

If you're counting pro bowls with four levels of injury replacement roster adds well this is not All pro.

Regardless being an all pro is vastly different than being a leader. This team would not look like this on the field if we had team leaders. Fact. No fourth eye needed to see that because it's plain as day.
I normally don't do other people's research, but because you're missing an eye, I'll make an exception. The answer to your question about AP All-Pro teams is 9 (Wake 4, Suh 5 - fyi, that's the same as Tom Brady). If you add in the other all-Pro teams (e.g. Sporting News, Pro Football Writers), the answer is 28 (Wake - 11, Suh - 16, Jones - 1).

But that's beside the point. My beef is that you called them "me" guys. They're not. You can call them introverts or quiet or not vocal enough, but they're not "me" guys. Jay Ajayi was a "me" guy. Cam Wake is most definitely not.

Between Suh, Wake and Jones we should have plenty of leadership on defensive. If none of these can be that guy, we need to start looking deeper than on field performance. Offensive... that what Moore brought to the table and why we should have just rolled with him.

Between Suh, Wake and Jones we should have plenty of leadership on defensive. If none of these can be that guy, we need to start looking deeper than on field performance. Offensive... that what Moore brought to the table and why we should have just rolled with him.
Agree completely. With all of these All pro seasons from wake Suh and jones we should have some leadership. But we clearly do not. Suh is not a leader. Wake is shockingly not either. Jones should be but isn't.

It's painfully clear watching this team we lack it and have for years. But all pros means leadership, apparently. Oh wait. They are "introverts". That explains it.

I normally don't do other people's research, but because you're missing an eye, I'll make an exception. The answer to your question about AP All-Pro teams is 9 (Wake 4, Suh 5 - fyi, that's the same as Tom Brady). If you add in the other all-Pro teams (e.g. Sporting News, Pro Football Writers), the answer is 28 (Wake - 11, Suh - 16, Jones - 1).

But that's beside the point. My beef is that you called them "me" guys. They're not. You can call them introverts or quiet or not vocal enough, but they're not "me" guys. Jay Ajayi was a "me" guy. Cam Wake is most definitely not.
Might need to get your foot off the brake and back on the gas breh. Since you are struggling driving, let me take the wheel.

Suh isn't a Me guy? Get flipping real. You read how he's helping some DTs with technique and suddenly he's a leader. When is the last time you saw any of these three commanding the team on sidelines or in huddle to get it done? Wake is good for some pregame hype and dancing but when push comes to shove he's not commanding the team. Suh is the definition of a Me player. Plays the series and goes and grabs some bench.

It takes one eye to see this team has zero leadership and hasn't for years.

Might need to get your foot off the brake and back on the gas breh. Since you are struggling driving, let me take the wheel.

Suh isn't a Me guy? Get flipping real. You read how he's helping some DTs with technique and suddenly he's a leader. When is the last time you saw any of these three commanding the team on sidelines or in huddle to get it done? Wake is good for some pregame hype and dancing but when push comes to shove he's not commanding the team. Suh is the definition of a Me player. Plays the series and goes and grabs some bench.

It takes one eye to see this team has zero leadership and hasn't for years.
I think your definition of a "Me" player (Suh) and my definition of a "Me" player (Ajayi) are quite different. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Back
Top Bottom