Armando: Wallace has threatened this before/Cap hit for cutting him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Wallace has threatened this before/Cap hit for cutting him

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
I'm over Wallace the cap hit isn't great but not as bad as I thought. I think now that Gibson is a over a year recovered from serious knee injury we roll with Landry, Hartline, & Gibson & add. Others in FA & draft.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

"Wallace has apparently threatened similar incidents in the past, according to these sources. Those incidents were not public. And in the past Wallace never directly told head coach Joe Philbin he didn't want to continue.
Although Philbin said after the game "it was a coaching decision" to bench Wallace, that decision actually didn't come until after Wallace came off the field and told Philbin he was done playing.

If they can find no suitor that will swallow what now seems like a bad contract, the Dolphins can cut Wallace and enjoy a cap savings. If they either cut him post-June 1 or designate him as a post-June 1 cut, the Dolphins would be on the hook for a $5.2 million cap hit, which would be a $6.9 million cap savings.
Cutting Wallace pre-June 1 would be less palatable as the dead money would be $9.6 million while offering only a $2.5 million savings.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post. Time to cut our losses now. This guy is not a team player and just needs to go.

It's pretty clear that Wallace is the player that has been "hiding behind the curtain" airing his complaints to the media this year. I think that salary has gotten to his head. He is not a Calvin Johnson/Brandon Marshall level player and is not the most important player on this team. I will not be disappointed if we part ways.

Unbelievable that this has happened before!

I still want to hear the whole story......but I'm leaning towards cutting him....especially in light of the cap info above.

This will be a pivotal moment for Philbin and Hickey on how this is handled.

We might have to rebuild our entire receiving core this offseason. Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson are all vastly overpaid for their production, and Clay is a free agent. Landry and Sims are probably the only two that are guaranteed to be back next year.

Agreed, not a team player at all. No way you quit on your team like he did. Stunts like this divide a locker room. And speaking of dividing a locker room Grimes needs to go as well, very good CB although hasn't played the part the last few weeks, but those of you that think that Miko ranting and raving like she does and pitting the defense against the offense doesn't effect team chemistry just don't get it. Hate to loose good talent but this is a TEAM sport

I never have liked Wallace. There's so much talent around the league that it pisses me off that he's our WR1.

The Dolphins are a better team the minute he walks out the door

I agree. Some might say that Wallace has skills that we need, is very talented, awesome speed, but if he is not trying, and being a cancer on the team, why keep him.

I would try hard to trade him for picks during the draft. If we could land a 2nd and 3rd we could turn those picks into some quality players and possibly use our first on a speed wide out to replace him. Take our cap hit this year and lets move on.

Yeah, how many points did we score once he sat down. How do you people realize that even when he is not catching the ball just making teams account for him makes our offense better. We cut him and we are worse than 7-9 next year.

Who on our O makes up his 10 tds?

Trade up for Amari Cooper. Make him a post Jun 1st cut.

Not worth what it would take with as many holes as we have...Stay at 14 and get White, Parker, Coates etc

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

The Dolphins are a better team the minute he walks out the door

YA who needs a ten td guy who is our only legit option to stretch the field.

Agreed, not a team player at all. No way you quit on your team like he did. Stunts like this divide a locker room. And speaking of dividing a locker room Grimes needs to go as well, very good CB although hasn't played the part the last few weeks, but those of you that think that Miko ranting and raving like she does and pitting the defense against the offense doesn't effect team chemistry just don't get it. Hate to loose good talent but this is a TEAM sport

I'm all for Wallace leaving. He can take his Diva-licious attitude and alligator arms and hit the road. I'm sure he'll go to New England but I don't care, I'm so sick of him.

As for Grimes, he is a VERY good CB and we are already going to have a lot of holes to fill in the offseason without enough dirt. That being said, Miko needs to STFU and stop airing locker room laundry in the Media. Its incredibly divisive and doesn't help anyone. I've defended her mouth in the past, but that was before she started talking about stuff on the radio that had to do with the internal workings of the team, which is completely indefensible and out of line. Hickey and Philbin need to sit down with the Grimes family and make that clear to them. But we need to keep Brent. He was not the problem on defense this year.

Yeah, how many points did we score once he sat down. How do you people realize that even when he is not catching the ball just making teams account for him makes our offense better. We cut him and we are worse than 7-9 next year.

Who on our O makes up his 10 tds?

I agree he makes our offense better but you can't count on him. If he does it once he'll do it again, so he has to go! However you're right that we'd better have a smarter plan than a late round draft pick to replace him.

Back
Top Bottom